Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboxman1986

Has Pearson lost the fans?

288 members have voted

1. 1. do you think pearson has lost the fans

I just think he needs to add some serious physicality to the team. It's almost the opposite to what you'd expect from a Pearson side at the minute - a lot of nice football but no hard edge and we are crying out for the later.

I think we're in desperate need of a midfield terrier who can break up play for Drinky and/or Kingy to do their thing. I like DD and Kingy individually but think their too light weight when paired together - James is in a similar mould too. It's a shame we didn't push for Jay Spearing IMHO.

Same can be said for the strike force. We're struggling to score goals because Nuge and Vardy are too similar - we need someone to bully defenders and create space, something neither striker is capable of doing. If Sunderland are thinking of loaning Conor Wickham out we should move heaven and earth to get him as IMHO he is precisely the type of guy we need. In an ideal world he'd make space for Nuge to be the poacher-in-chief and Vardy could then be a terrific impact sub to bring in and terrorise tiring defences.

I'm a pretty strong Pearson supporter but I'm beginning to have doubts.

None of my concerns are particularly original but I am starting to wonder why we keep feeding crosses into players who like the ball to their feet. If we provided the number of chances to the same players in a way which suited them, then imagine how many we would've scored. Also, yesterday we did get overrun in midfield in the first half, mainly because we couldn't pass to save our lives and were never going to win a game of head tennis with Wolves. Maybe we shouldn't be playing 4-4-2 away from home, it certainly hasn't resulting in many points.

I was chuffed to bits when he came back but I don't know how long my patience will last. Good job I don't own the club I suppose.

But...if we beat Burnley, then I suppose I shall feel a whole lot better!

And that's it with this Pearson side in a nutshell.... We win one game and we all go home happy, a few days later we lose and it's all doom again.

It's been like it ever since he came back and it's not changed with the summer break.

I'm a pretty strong Pearson supporter but I'm beginning to have doubts.

None of my concerns are particularly original but I am starting to wonder why we keep feeding crosses into players who like the ball to their feet. If we provided the number of chances to the same players in a way which suited them, then imagine how many we would've scored. Also, yesterday we did get overrun in midfield in the first half, mainly because we couldn't pass to save our lives and were never going to win a game of head tennis with Wolves. Maybe we shouldn't be playing 4-4-2 away from home, it certainly hasn't resulting in many points.

I was chuffed to bits when he came back but I don't know how long my patience will last. Good job I don't own the club I suppose.

But...if we beat Burnley, then I suppose I shall feel a whole lot better!

About sums my feelings up at present.

I also agree if we beat Burnley, all will be good with the world. The 'I told you so's' will again be out in force.

Not me, his football has taken a turn for the better in terms of style and with some much needed polishing at both ends and an addition or two to the team he can take us up in the next couple of seasons. The big question is whether or not the owners will accept anything less than promotion this season rather than what some random fans think.

next couple of seasons are you happy playing in the ****ing championship pearson would not get us up in 5 years even if he had world class players playing because he would only fall out with them and sell them .get rid he is ****ing clueless

And that's it with this Pearson side in a nutshell.... We win one game and we all go home happy, a few days later we lose and it's all doom again.

It's been like it ever since he came back and it's not changed with the summer break.

...and it was exactly like that under Sven, and gloom followed by gloom under Sousa, and most of the managers who preceded NP. Pretty much sums up why I, and hopefully others, aren't ready to hop back onto the merry go round.

The problem is our inconsistency been said long enough and hasn't been rectified since NP's return. Loose one, win one, loose one, win one etc, until we go on a 3-4 game winning run i.e in that time period their will be home and away games I still remain unconvinced by NP our home form is good granted but their are only 23 games at home, lets say we win all our home games not likely to happen we will pick up 69 points it is our away form that is costing us big time 17 points from 45 last season away from home and this season's trend isn't leaving a lot to be desired.

About sums my feelings up at present.

I also agree if we beat Burnley, all will be good with the world. The 'I told you so's' will again be out in force.

I bet not nearly as many threads get started though eh? I also don't remember that many "I told you so's" after previous wins. Not everyone treats every game like a full season, fortunately.

next couple of seasons are you happy playing in the ****ing championship pearson would not get us up in 5 years even if he had world class players playing because he would only fall out with them and sell them .get rid he is ****ing clueless

Yes, if we are playing in the Championship I will be happy but of course I would be happier in the Premier League. I am not normally one to pick up on grammar but calling someone clueless without being able to construct a meaningful sentence makes you look a right cvnt.

I am a big fan of Pearson and believe he can still take this club forward, he did it before so why can't he do it again.

I wish people would stop panicking, we have won two home games pretty comfortably with two clean sheets, while our away games performance wise have been pretty good, we just haven't got the results.

Only idiots want him sacked, we aren't in the relegation zone, and we certainly aren't in Peterborough's position, they haven't even got a point yet.

If our home form drops in our next two games, then I will start questioning him; however at the moment im still pretty confident in Pearson's ability.

How can Pearson be more succesful than Adams?

Adams took us to the Premier league thus finishing in higher positions overall but was unable to keep us there.

Pearson took charge when the club was at it's lowest league position in history and won promotion followed by a play offs the following year.

Depends what you think is more noteworthy. Adams inherited some quality players while Pearson built quite a solid team with few resources.

Adams took us to the Premier league thus finishing in higher positions overall but was unable to keep us there.

Pearson took charge when the club was at it's lowest league position in history and won promotion followed by a play offs the following year.

Depends what you think is more noteworthy. Adams inherited some quality players while Pearson built quite a solid team with few resources.

Yep I can go with that to be fair..

:thumbup:

I think there is a big section of fans who are keen to crticise no matter who is the manager. as a long time season ticket holder i think its become more and more common to meet what i would consider to be negative fans...mostly people who grew up with us as a prem team and have forgotten what exactly that team was based on.

results need to improve pretty quickly but there are definitely a lot of positive signs in terms of the performances the team have put in. the main thing i've noticed since we last had Pearson in charge is that we are far more adventurous away from home and might benefit from returning to a more defensive 451 shape. maybe knocky behind a lone striker.

there are so few positives to changing the manager again and just hope people realise how short sighted they are being. like him or not change is not the answer....not yet.

Still think Pearson is our best bet at the moment. But I'm continually starting to ???? Some of his decision making. As stated by others none of that questioning is original. My greatest worry is the strength of our starting 11. I am beginning to think we are just not good enough and no matter what Pearson does I can not see us competing with some of the stronger teams in the league. We are a play off team at 'our very best' and that saddens me for a club that has spent 8 years away from the top flight. So I suppose what I'm saying is... This is the team we've got and Pearson is the man in charge at the moment let's get behind them all 17000 of us on Wed and Sun and hope by sheer effort from players, manager and fans we can make it to the new Wembley because I refuse to go until my boys in blue make it back there.

I am a big fan of Pearson and believe he can still take this club forward, he did it before so why can't he do it again.

I wish people would stop panicking, we have won two home games pretty comfortably with two clean sheets, while our away games performance wise have been pretty good, we just haven't got the results.

Only idiots want him sacked, we aren't in the relegation zone, and we certainly aren't in Peterborough's position, they haven't even got a point yet.

If our home form drops in our next two games, then I will start questioning him; however at the moment im still pretty confident in Pearson's ability.

Here lies the problem. How can you possibly compare us to posh? We have cash and expectation and are a much bigger club. Posh, like Southampton have goals much different to ours!

We are a club looking for promotion! 3 defeats from 5 games is hardly good!

Also what makes people ' idiots' for having a different opinion from you?

Christ Almighty..did you not watch yesterdays first 60 minutes?

Pearson continues to get my support but if you consider 3 losses out of 5 the best football we've played in years, we are in for a long season.

Football is a points business... I think we are going in the right direction but cannot rise to your level of optimism just yet.

Yes i do and it surprises me that you've seemingly not watched the football of the last five years! lol

Football is a points business but it also takes time to blend new players effectively but I've seen quite enough in five league games to believe we're a lot closer to having a worthwhile team than at any time in the last decade and more...and I don't want it thrown away through fans impatience and our owners desperation.

Leicester City might be likened to a managerial merry-go-round as it is and when fans talk about appointing the likes of Brian Robson as Director of Football, I despair.

We don't want or need another manager. What we need right now from the fans is some support and belief in our players and in what the manager is trying to do - in other words a collective effort to lift the morale of those we're supposed to support.

Calling all and sundry when the team fails to have a worthwhile shot on goal or when individual players can't be bothered is one thing but any team can play well and lose for a spell and for a variety of reasons and that's what happening with us right now.

I don't think Pearson's perfect by a long way...but for all his many flaws we have an increasingly exciting team that only needs fine-tuning rather than dismantling and rebuilding and the sooner he gets on with that the better starting, I'd hope, with the signing of Heskey.

Yes i do and it surprises me that you've seemingly not watched the football of the last five years! lol

Football is a points business but it also takes time to blend new players effectively but I've seen quite enough in five league games to believe we're a lot closer to having a worthwhile team than at any time in the last decade and more...and I don't want it thrown away through fans impatience and our owners desperation.

Leicester City might be likened to a managerial merry-go-round as it is and when fans talk about appointing the likes of Brian Robson as Director of Football, I despair.

We don't want or need another manager. What we need right now from the fans is some support and belief in our players and in what the manager is trying to do - in other words a collective effort to lift the morale of those we're supposed to support.

Calling all and sundry when the team fails to have a worthwhile shot on goal or when individual players can't be bothered is one thing but any team can play well and lose for a spell and for a variety of reasons and that's what happening with us right now.

I don't think Pearson's perfect by a long way...but for all his many flaws we have an increasingly exciting team that only needs fine-tuning rather than dismantling and rebuilding and the sooner he gets on with that the better starting, I'd hope, with the signing of Heskey.

As a centre back I assume?

Archived