Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboxman1986

Has Pearson lost the fans?

288 members have voted

1. 1. do you think pearson has lost the fans

I would say NP has gone backwards from his first spell, something doesn't seem quite right whether the job is too big for NP to handle remains to be seen but the signs atm don't look to good that can all change though if we start to put a winning run together.

The side are inconsistent due to poor organisation from the training ground - e.g. the midfield and forwards don't have any routes to scoring in mind (- where are our goals coming from?)... poor defending at set pieces... still too many long balls (like the Blackpool game) which we end up defending immediately. If we wait we will just get more of the same - at best we will be midtable. This is not good enough - we need a manager who can take us up - NP is not that person. We should accept it and get out of denial. To progress, NP should go - the sooner we start a new phase the better off we will be... Waiting till Christmas will just waste time. The Thais should start sounding out managers now - it may take a month or so - in the meantime if NP turns it around that would be a great problem to have

Nail on head !

Exactly right, the owners are obviously keen on football, but I suspect a damn sight more keen on making money for their business empire. With their team in the premier the financial gains in Thailand would be immense. midtable in the championship is not on their agenda. Be assured they will not hesitate to act very quickly, this is not a game, theres no loyalty, its a business !

Poor organisation on the training ground? You there every day then?

NP should go? When will people like you realise that we just cant keep swapping managers, it hasnt worked for us. We've taken steps back since Pearson was here last time because we've had 3/4 different teams as managers bring their own team/style. Sacking him now would make us a laughing stock and be the lowest point we've been at for years. Why are people so impatient!!!!

Agree with this completely. How people can say we're disorganised on the training ground, and then say we should bring SOMEBODY else in, that's going to cause more problems than it will solve. We'll become more disjointed. You have to give Pearson the whole season. Realistically, if a new manager comes in without a pre-season or a gelling time with the players, we may as well have mickey mouse in charge.

Agree with this completely. How people can say we're disorganised on the training ground, and then say we should bring SOMEBODY else in, that's going to cause more problems than it will solve. We'll become more disjointed. You have to give Pearson the whole season. Realistically, if a new manager comes in without a pre-season or a gelling time with the players, we may as well have mickey mouse in charge.

Thank god, someone with a brain!!!! Its not just me then

We have got Micky Mouse in charge, thats why we've only got 6 points out of 15!

Yeah cos we did ever so well with Paulo Sousa and then Sven.

Whilst Sven was prob sacked too soon, he spent a RIDICULOUS amount of money on average dross and got us no further forward.

Name a side in the Championship thats had a flying start? Nobody has won more than 3!

We have got Micky Mouse in charge, thats why we've only got 6 points out of 15!

Well, the other 123 other people who voted in favour of Pearson disagree. We have played some VERY good teams. God knows what this place would be like if we had lost to lesser teams! Charlton, Blackburn and Wolves are very good teams and have been lucky to beat us - why can't you see this?

It's not just after 5 league games though is it? He's been here nearly a year, and we are still making the same mistakes as when Sven was here!

The football may be nicer, but the points are less! I don't buy all this gubbins about 'needing time'. Well the Crawley manager seems to have turned forest from bankrupt relegation fodder into an unbeaten team who are apparently playing great football....

But Pearson needs time..... To do what? Sell all the centre halves over the summer and don't replace them? Leaving only 2 fit centre backs for the start of a season?

To fall out with anyone 'not in his gang'

To continue to give the fans the brush off with poor interviews with 'attitude' after every game...

Hmmmmmm.

I let him have the first year because it wasnt his team.

He doesnt necessarily have to do much with the extra time given to him, things change, this team will get better.

Sell all the centre halves over the summer and don't replace them?

Well he sold two (Bamba & Mills) and bought/promoted two (Whitbread & Moore) so I don't really see the problem there?

To fall out with anyone 'not in his gang'

Unsubstantiated bollocks.

To continue to give the fans the brush off with poor interviews with 'attitude' after every game...

How is he giving fans the brush off? Seriously? He fully answers every question that Stringer gives him - is it his fault that Stringer is such a shite interviewer?

Well, the other 123 other people who voted in favour of Pearson disagree. We have played some VERY good teams. God knows what this place would be like if we had lost to lesser teams! Charlton, Blackburn and Wolves are very good teams and have been lucky to beat us - why can't you see this?

Burton Albion.

Well he sold two (Bamba & Mills) and bought/promoted two (Whitbread & Moore) so I don't really see the problem there?

Sold two top level championship / arguably premiership quality defenders and bought a notoriously injury prone cheap replacement and promoted a youth team player - hardly like for like.

Unsubstantiated bollocks.

Hell of a coincidence though.

How is he giving fans the brush off? Seriously? He fully answers every question that Stringer gives him - is it his fault that Stringer is such a shite interviewer?

Fair point. But he could just ignore stringer and talk via the radio to the fans and answer the questions he poses himself - his disdain for stringer comes across as disdain for fans.

Dont think he's lost the fans, i get the impression from the moan in that a lot of the fans feel he has lost the dressing room though.

Does seem a bit of a knee jerk, I get the feeling some of the people moaning are doing it purely because Nige is dropping their favorite players.

Sold two top level championship / arguably premiership quality defenders and bought a notoriously injury prone cheap replacement and promoted a youth team player - hardly like for like.

I'm sorry, but where do you get 'top level championship / arguably premiership quality' defenders from? Matt Mills is one of the most overrated players in this league, luckily for us Bolton hadn't realised it and took him off our hands and from what I've heard from Bolton fans, he's been just as crap for them as he was for us. Bamba was a talented footballer but a tactical liability. How can you build a defence around a player who goes off on mazy runs and leaves the rest of the defence in the shite? Way too unpredictable to be a quality Championship defender. Ironically, he's probably better off playing in Europe where you're given a bit more time on the ball, but English football is so fast paced and closing down is so quick that every error is punished.

So I would very much disagree that they were top championship players, let alone premier league quality.

As for dismissing Whitbread and Moore? Well Whitbread IS a premier league quality player and he proved it last season by being one of Norwich's stand out performers - he's done it in the Premier League, whereas Bamba and Mills haven't, sure we've taken a bit of a gamble on his fitness, but if he didn't have some fitness issues, he'd be playing in the PL - Pearson's obviously taken his time getting Whitbread fit because he wants him to play as many games as possible and Liam Moore has proven to be a capable deputy, albeit by necessity. Which brings me on to young Liam Moore. He's performed admirably this season so far in an absolute key position, although I do think he'll be dropped for Whitbread on Wednesday, but he's got a lot of potential and he's already been attracting admirers. Sure, he's made a few rookie errors because he's a bit rough around the edges, but Matt Mills made plenty of errors last season and he was on about £30,000 a week.

Give me Whitbread and Moore over Mills and Bamba any day.

Sold two top level championship / arguably premiership quality defenders

lol!!

Madness. Mills & Bamba are top level championshp? Get real. To even mention the words 'arguably premiership quality' is laughable. How exactly have they demonstrated that they could be Premier League defenders on what we've seen?

Mills against Reading at home was one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen. His passing was atrocious. As for Bamba, he was an absolute bombscare. Wasn't awful, just wasn't top level in this division, and certainly not in the one above.

Archived