Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theboxman1986

Has Pearson lost the fans?

288 members have voted

1. 1. do you think pearson has lost the fans

He never really had me to lose in the first place. Poor appointment done out of desperation after a piss poor decision by the board. Either the owners or Milan wanted him out for a reason after he missed promotion 3 years ago and they were probably wrong then, but since he went to Hull, where he failed dismally really ( finished lower than Sven!!!) and then struggled to motivate last years players with a very poor post xmas, I think he has lost his way.

Lose tomorrow and the boos will start. Hull will relish Saturday if that's the case. Nige must win tomorrow (i think we will)

Yes i do and it surprises me that you've seemingly not watched the football of the last five years! lol

Football is a points business but it also takes time to blend new players effectively but I've seen quite enough in five league games to believe we're a lot closer to having a worthwhile team than at any time in the last decade and more...and I don't want it thrown away through fans impatience and our owners desperation.

Leicester City might be likened to a managerial merry-go-round as it is and when fans talk about appointing the likes of Brian Robson as Director of Football, I despair.

We don't want or need another manager. What we need right now from the fans is some support and belief in our players and in what the manager is trying to do - in other words a collective effort to lift the morale of those we're supposed to support.

Calling all and sundry when the team fails to have a worthwhile shot on goal or when individual players can't be bothered is one thing but any team can play well and lose for a spell and for a variety of reasons and that's what happening with us right now.

I don't think Pearson's perfect by a long way...but for all his many flaws we have an increasingly exciting team that only needs fine-tuning rather than dismantling and rebuilding and the sooner he gets on with that the better starting, I'd hope, with the signing of Heskey.

Oh Thracian I was with you 100% and then you just killed it with your final 5 words..

Why would Heskey come back? Mores the point, in the twilight of his career what would he offer to LCFC, the only thing I can think of is an extra £3 for his name on new shirt sales.

Personally I like the guy but casting that aside and looking at if from a foot balling point his time has past and his wages alone (which NP has being doing his best to cut down) we could potentially get better younger player with quite a few seasons in him and not just two at the most.

Here lies the problem. How can you possibly compare us to posh? We have cash and expectation and are a much bigger club. Posh, like Southampton have goals much different to ours!

We are a club looking for promotion! 3 defeats from 5 games is hardly good!

Also what makes people ' idiots' for having a different opinion from you?

They are idiots, they just call the team crap just after a loss, then when they win they come back on here and start praising again. One week sack him, keep him the next, those people are the idiots.

And im not comparing us to Peterborough at all, im just saying we aren't in the relegation zone, we have won games so what is so worrying, especially with the performances we have put in, we haven't been dominated by any of the five teams we have faced.

One thing this thread is missing is doom and gloom...so here's some to keep us going.

How good has our home form actually been? We beat Peterboro 2-0. Obviously a good result on the face of it but they have hardly been pulling up trees in this division this year.

Onto Blackpool, it was actually a very similar performance to our away games. We had lots of possession and chances but were unable to convert them. We kept a clean sheet which is a big positive, especially against Blackpool, but we only scored through a very dubious penalty.

I tend to get fed up if we lose a game but as soon as the shouting has stopped I try to have some perspective. I am not one to call for manager's heads and I am not now...yet.

Unless we do very well against Burnley and Hull I suspect my patience with Pearson will be gone. And I suspect a huge proportion of the reasonable majority will lose faith with me.

Well, it couldn't be bettered in terms of points, so it's fine.

We are under a huge amount of pressure at home because we have done so poorly away. I hope Pearson and the team come good and we get a good haul from the next two games.

But...I have doubts.

He lost me ages ago. Not in terms of support on a match day, I'll sing "one Nigel Pearson" until I lose my voice, just in terms of faith that we're ever going to be anything other than mediocre for the foreseeable future.

By the looks of this place many are thinking the same. Just gotta go with blind hope that he's got something up his sleeve to turn this round. For a start, playing Knockaert & Beckford :whistle:

Not really a fan of his but that doesn't really matter because I am a fan of Leicester City and have been for over 40 yrs. The constant changing of managers is tiring and also makes us a laughing stock so I don't care who is in charge or how we play, I just want to see us back in the Prem again.

Things of concern

- the reluctance to experiment with the strike force when Vardy and Nugent don't have any goals in them right now

- the lack of some steel in midfield

- the shortages in defence and the lack of competition in defensive positions

- Pearson has had 2 transfer windows to sort the defence and the midfield out but IMO we seem to be worse of then we were when he arrived for quality and depth.

Can someone tell me why Danns, SSL and Beckford didn't set foot on the field on Sunday

After reading some comments on here, reading on twitter as well as elswhere and listening to the moan in. Our fans are clearly divided that much is clear, so as the title says do you think he has lost the fans?

as is normally the case, the minority who want Pearson out seems to voice there views louder than the majority who want Pearson here and back him.

as is normally the case, the minority who want Pearson out seems to voice there views louder than the majority who want Pearson here and back him.

Where do you get it that its a minority that want him out ? is that because thats what you want to believe ? He's sucking the life out of the club.

It's not just after 5 league games though is it? He's been here nearly a year, and we are still making the same mistakes as when Sven was here!

The football may be nicer, but the points are less! I don't buy all this gubbins about 'needing time'. Well the Crawley manager seems to have turned forest from bankrupt relegation fodder into an unbeaten team who are apparently playing great football....

But Pearson needs time..... To do what? Sell all the centre halves over the summer and don't replace them? Leaving only 2 fit centre backs for the start of a season?

To fall out with anyone 'not in his gang'

To continue to give the fans the brush off with poor interviews with 'attitude' after every game...

Hmmmmmm.

Forest have gone out & brought quality players that we could have, SHOULD HAVE gone in for......Simon Cox would have a field day playing in our front line.......

The side are inconsistent due to poor organisation from the training ground - e.g. the midfield and forwards don't have any routes to scoring in mind (- where are our goals coming from?)... poor defending at set pieces... still too many long balls (like the Blackpool game) which we end up defending immediately. If we wait we will just get more of the same - at best we will be midtable. This is not good enough - we need a manager who can take us up - NP is not that person. We should accept it and get out of denial. To progress, NP should go - the sooner we start a new phase the better off we will be... Waiting till Christmas will just waste time. The Thais should start sounding out managers now - it may take a month or so - in the meantime if NP turns it around that would be a great problem to have

The side are inconsistent due to poor organisation from the training ground - e.g. the midfield and forwards don't have any routes to scoring in mind (- where are our goals coming from?)... poor defending at set pieces... still too many long balls (like the Blackpool game) which we end up defending immediately. If we wait we will just get more of the same - at best we will be midtable. This is not good enough - we need a manager who can take us up - NP is not that person. We should accept it and get out of denial. To progress, NP should go - the sooner we start a new phase the better off we will be... Waiting till Christmas will just waste time. The Thais should start sounding out managers now - it may take a month or so - in the meantime if NP turns it around that would be a great problem to have

Poor organisation on the training ground? You there every day then?

NP should go? When will people like you realise that we just cant keep swapping managers, it hasnt worked for us. We've taken steps back since Pearson was here last time because we've had 3/4 different teams as managers bring their own team/style. Sacking him now would make us a laughing stock and be the lowest point we've been at for years. Why are people so impatient!!!!

Archived