Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshy5

Danns and Pearson bust up?!

I like Pearson as our manager, but he's obviously a bit dificult as a person. bristly, oppositional, always looking to take offence and dictatorial.

Each manager has their own styles i guess, Pearson always comes across as no nonsense, i think he would expect you to knuckle down and try to win your place back if your upset at not playing, not cry like a baby on twitter! In general this season, the players on the pitch have looked like they wanted to play, he seems to be building a team that are again proud to wear our shirts. Players ego's and managements stances will always clash, everyone cant agree on everything. I think overall these rumoured bust ups are not to worrying to me.

I always think making players train with the youth teams is a bit of a dick move unless they've actually done something wrong. If it's trying to 'force them out of the club' then I really don't agree with it. Talk with them like a man, be honest about their positions and explain they should look to engineer a move come January, don't treat them like *****.

Will be interesting to see what's actually gone on here rather than just hearing the phrase 'bust up' over and over.

Each manager has their own styles i guess, Pearson always comes across as no nonsense, i think he would expect you to knuckle down and try to win your place back if your upset at not playing, not cry like a baby on twitter! In general this season, the players on the pitch have looked like they wanted to play, he seems to be building a team that are again proud to wear our shirts. Players ego's and managements stances will always clash, everyone cant agree on everything. I think overall these rumoured bust ups are not to worrying to me.

Another thing that's a little odd is that Danns has always seemed to have a great attitude and is endearing compared to a lot of players. Good interviews and content on Radio Leics, always thought he seemed a very positive and friendly chap.

Another thing that's a little odd is that Danns has always seemed to have a great attitude and is endearing compared to a lot of players. Good interviews and content on Radio Leics, always thought he seemed a very positive and friendly chap.

Yeah that is true, he always sounds quite down to earth, i do think he rates himself very highly (not a bad thing, self confidence and all that) and expects to be picked each game. I do think that Pearson would see him as one of the more seasoned senior pro's in our squad, so whether Danns has let him down in that respect, or in Pearsons opinion i dont know.

Again... I think the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If Pearsons 'managerial style' results in the club going places I'm fully behind it.

Pearson appears to want total charge of his players and his squad. If this implies that he demands 'yes men' then so be it IMO. It's worked very well for Sir Alex over the years.

IF this results, for example, in making a player train with the kids, so as to make an example to the rest of the squad, for something that may have happened, then, although apparently somewhat draconian I will be behind him if it works.

IMO the manager has the right to manage. If this brings success then we should be behind him. If it doesn't, then questions can rightly be asked.

I would be suprised if there has been a bust up. But its possible.

However with regards to them training with the u21s... I think Nigel is the sort of person who is all about team spirit and togetherness... Both have been linked with moves away so i would not be suprised if they have said they want to leave. He has got nothing against them but he might not want that sort of attitude around the first team. Breeds negativity.

Just guessing.

Like it or not, and I don't as I was one of his biggest fans last season, but Danns has been shit in the little i've seen of him this season. He was the worst player on the pitch against Burton.

He's clearly rusty and not warranting a starting place. People love stirring the faeces.

Pearson has the bollocks to make decisions that will be unpopular in some quarters if he thinks it benefits the team, fair play to him. I've nothing against either Danns or Beckford but they're more likely to feature for the development team so they might as well train with them.

I always think making players train with the youth teams is a bit of a dick move unless they've actually done something wrong. If it's trying to 'force them out of the club' then I really don't agree with it. Talk with them like a man, be honest about their positions and explain they should look to engineer a move come January, don't treat them like *****.

Will be interesting to see what's actually gone on here rather than just hearing the phrase 'bust up' over and over.

If they have no future why bother including them in the first team training. They are just going to get in the way, have potential to drag down team spirit etc.

Again... I think the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. If Pearsons 'managerial style' results in the club going places I'm fully behind it.

Pearson appears to want total charge of his players and his squad. If this implies that he demands 'yes men' then so be it IMO. It's worked very well for Sir Alex over the years.

IF this results, for example, in making a player train with the kids, so as to make an example to the rest of the squad, for something that may have happened, then, although apparently somewhat draconian I will be behind him if it works.

IMO the manager has the right to manage. If this brings success then we should be behind him. If it doesn't, then questions can rightly be asked.

Can't beat Draconian Col :D

I'd say that Dannsy is a trier too, however IMO running around like an energiser bunny and constantly giving the ball away are his downfall not lack of effort.Personally Waller I don't give a damn if NP is having fall outs and lays the law down and makes tough/ ruthless decisions, that's what he's paid for. Some of the greatest managers in Football history ruled with an iron rod and are revered for their no nonsense style.A weak subservient manager will be trampled on in this great game so long may NPs I'm the boss attitude continue for me.

Yeah I've no problem at all with a tough and uncompromising manager ..... as long as it doesn't become petulant or arrogant, and that he can handle bigger players - because some day we're going to have to!!!

Yeah I've no problem at all with a tough and uncompromising manager ..... as long as it doesn't become petulant or arrogant, and that he can handle bigger players - because some day we're going to have to!!!

You could say we already have bigger and better players than them in the team.

I still think much of this is about £££'s.

There was an altercation after the Burton game between player(s) & coaching staff.

Danns tweeted and quickly deleted his thoughts/opinions on said events, that got back to the management. Which is why he rarely tweets lcfc related info since the game.or has any "banter" with other players in the squad. This has resulted in the club bringing in new rules for twitter/social media because NP doesn't like it basically.

Bristol City & Crystal Palace both came in (Season long loan) for him on deadline day but the club rejected both offers.

Danns not happy he is not in the starting 11 / first team regular, Nor is he allowed to leave on loan.

Will we see him back in a blue shirt?? Unlikely unless he is required due to injurys.

About time, was always going to end in tears for some players.

Mills trained with u21's also and said there had been NO bust up.

It doesn't matter, if he doesn't want these players then it's up to him whether he gets rid or not. If dumping them with the kids forces through moves and saves the club money so be it. I don't care how upset the players get.

It just shows that he doesn't have a professional attitude to players that don't fit in. If we keep only wanting to sign young and hungry players that'll be fine as they'll sign - but if we get promoted and he wants to attract a higher callibre of experienced premier league player then we may struggle to recruit them with a manager with a reputation for falling out with players and humiliating them.

I agree and an intelligent bloke for a footballer too ..... It's hard to imagine him being that out of order to deserve being made to train with the kids .... but i guess we'll never know!

It just shows that he doesn't have a professional attitude to players that don't fit in. If we keep only wanting to sign young and hungry players that'll be fine as they'll sign - but if we get promoted and he wants to attract a higher callibre of experienced premier league player then we may struggle to recruit them with a manager with a reputation for falling out with players and humiliating them.

It shows nothing because you have no idea what's happened.

Secondly has he ever "fallen out" with a player he has signed? No. Why? Because as he constantly says attitude is as important as anything else and he makes as much effort as possible to make sure the signings have the right sort.

Morgan and Whitbread are experienced and seemed to have no problem signing.

you will be behind him if it works? he made matt mills train with the youth squad, im assuming to set an example. he has now made two other players train with the youth, ergo the matt mills example didn't work, so you can't be behind him on this occasion?

Archived