Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Middlesborough away Scoreline Prediction

That looks a good side. Defense could be exploited though - Woodgate's no spring chicken and Bikey's not had a pre-season as far as I know? Neither of them can be that fit. It'll all come down to whether we can get through their packed midfield and carve out a few chances - if we can get at their defence, we can cause them problems.

I'm going for an overdue away win, 1-0 to the City.

Steele

--- Hoyte --- Woodgate --- Bikey --- Friend ---

------------------ Thomson -------------------

----------- Leadbitter --- McEachran ----------

----- Emnes ---------------------- Carayol ----

------------------ Jutkiewicz ------------------

That is the team they played against Blackburn perhaps the same team as well they will use against us.

Thomson is there to bolster that rather fragile looking defence.

They look a good team going forward. I've always rated Leadbitter.

Gonna be a tough game, theirs looks a good side.

Then again, so does ours at present.

Steele

That is the team they played against Blackburn perhaps the same team as well they will use against us.

There's absolutely no doubt thats a quality team for this level. Gonna be a very tough game but a point would be good.

Huddersfield after as well, another tough one..... its certainly not been an easy away start for us.

Im going for 1-1

Steele

Thomson is there to bolster that rather fragile looking defence.

They look a good team going forward. I've always rated Leadbitter.

Gonna be a tough game, theirs looks a good side.

Then again, so does ours at present.

I'm not a Boro fan but could be wrong but I heard they played with McEachran wide and Emnes behind Jukebox at Blackburn.

Steele

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH FRIEND.

Sometimes they can be dangerous, but then again they seriously under perform, they are a very hit and miss side.

McEachran though is a quality signing for them, while the wingers have pace, and Jutkiewicz has just decided to start scoring.

Still confident just because of our record at the Riverside in past season's, mainly draws or a win when Dyer scored the winner if I record.

Steele

No Carayol, out for 4 months

Jutkiewicz could be difficult to contain as Big Wes struggled against Kermorgant and he's a similar type of player.

1 - 1 for me - going up to Teeside tomorrow, few pints tomorrow night. Hope the weekend ends in our first points away from home.

Guest BlueBrett

I always predict a win. Can't bring myself to do anything different. I'll go for a 1-2 win but with much less confidence than usual because Boro look very strong.

I know our overall record is very good at the Riverside, the only time I recall we lost there is that season in the Prem. when we went down under Dave Bassett /Mickey Adams joint charge after Peter Taylor, "season dreaded" of 2001-02 - when just about anybody who was anybody beat us then! Back to the present, something may have to give here, either their 100% home record our our 0% away record! - so I'll play safe and predict a 1-1 draw!

Their midfield is very strong, I would be half tempted to drop Marshall for King tomorrow and have 3 central midfielders combatting their pack, with Vardy and Knockaert either side of Nugent. We musn't lose tomorrow, we have to stop this horrendous away record if we want to make in roads on the top 6. A win would be immense, a point a decent result even if it'll still bring the moaners out the woodwork again. I just hope we defend resolutely, we've been shocking at the back away from home and it's got to stop.

Prediction, a slender win. 1-0 or 2-1

I know our overall record is very good at the Riverside, the only time I recall we lost there is that season in the Prem. when we went down under Dave Bassett /Mickey Adams joint charge after Peter Taylor, "season dreaded" of 2001-02 - when just about anybody who was anybody beat us then! Back to the present, something may have to give here, either their 100% home record our our 0% away record! - so I'll play safe and predict a 1-1 draw!

That'll be our 0% draw record that gives then

Archived