Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blueblood1989

Pearsonality

This is a prime example of why NP thinks Stringer is a complete tosser:

Nigel Pearson has insisted he has heard nothing to suggest his position as Leicester City manager is under threat.

The Foxes have lost all three of their away league matches this season.

And despite winning all four of home games, speculation had been mounting before and after Saturday's win over Hull that Pearson was set to be sacked.

"I don't think there is anything untoward happening, and if there is I don't know anything about it," Pearson told BBC Radio Leicester.

"I am doing my job as I always do my job, and I am enjoying it."

After seven games, City are in eighth place in the Championship table, just one point outside the play-off spots.

"Nothing surprises me in the media," Pearson added. "I just do my job. What other people say, they say. The mood is pretty good."

Why is this the main piece of news to do with the LCFC streaming on the BBC at the moment because the twat Stringer put it there.

Whilst I have to say, I have noticed NP is even more short with Ian Stringer than during the 1st spell here and I have become a little bit bored of his refusal to answer most questions put to him with any personality at all. He does seem a little different on the rare occasions he speaks to other outlets. Maybe it's just a clash of personalities when it comers to mr stringer.

Or maybe like quite a few of us he finds he just asks stupid questions and he finds the man a little annoying, I know I do, I think, Stringer thinks due to a short spell in front of Sir Alan, he has made it, he carries around this attitude of look at me, maybe he should show a little more appreciation of the position he holds, he is meant to act as a reporter on behalf of Radio Leicester and give an insight to the fans, but most of his tweets and things seem more to do with boosting his ego and showing off than actually being constructive. He also seems to forget that he got a lucky break in getting that job, he's clearly not a great commentator as he never actually spends any time telling you what is happening on the pitch.

I accept he has some passion for Leicester City, but I can only Listen to Leicester on the Radio when they are on 5 Live, when I occasionally hear him commentating on away games I thank my lucky stars I have my season ticket.

Part of me hopes he gets bored and moves on, afterall he's no Nev. then maybe pearson will open up a bit more with whoever replaces him.

But on the part of NP if we get any where near the top flight I hope he conducts himself better with the likes of sky and MOTD but as far as stringer is concerned I can see why he treats him the way he does.

The bottom line is there are several different opinions on this subject all for differing reasons.

You wont agree and it's pointless going on and on about it.

Moreover Pearson wont change, so it's just a big bag of old pointless guff.

P.S. It's not anything to do with Stringer, Pearson treated the media up in Dull the same way.

Pearson and Stringer are doing completely different roles and have completely different personalities.

IMO both are good at what they do so leave them be.... i think the interviews are quite funny cos Stringer often pushes his luck but he does do his best to get us the up to date information and in depth stuff. Seriously, some will moan about anything!!!

Pearson and Stringer are doing completely different roles and have completely different personalities.

IMO both are good at what they do so leave them be.... i think the interviews are quite funny cos Stringer often pushes his luck but he does do his best to get us the up to date information and in depth stuff. Seriously, some will moan about anything!!!

I agree. The thing which annoys me about Stringer is the sensationalised headlines he puts out to get people to listen to his shows. He knows full well when he posts or prints the headlines that there is nothing in them, but he does it anyway.

But...if I make an effort to listen due to Stringer's hyperbole, then I suppose he is doing his job right, which is to sucker people in, even when there's nothing really to report.

P.S. It's not anything to do with Stringer, Pearson treated the media up in Dull the same way.

You mean Stringers "good friend" Burnsy, who started Pearson is getting sacked if he loses to Hull rumours (wonder where he got that from) and the man who constantly refers to the stadium as the King Prawn. High class journalist right there.

Pander to Stringer? Ridiculous. I hope he continues to treat morons like Stringer with the contempt they deserve. It should be the fans that change their attitude and stop being knee jerk idiots. Pearson is just fine as he is, he commands respect and equally gives respect to those that deserve it. If he maintans those principles he'll have the right people on his side, and it doesn't really matter what everyone else thinks.

Spot on.

Is it that important though? Does being nice to the media put points on the board! Managers are judged on results, If Pearson gets those results, that's all that matters!

Positive media attention and coverage can have a massive impact on a club's success. And in countless ways.

I genuinely don't think Pearson gives a monkeys toss about 'opinion'. He seems to do it HIS way. If the results keep coming I don't give a shite about whether he gets pissed off with Stringer et al.

I'd so much rather have Pearsons no-nonsense than Svens (or many other managers for that matter) kiss-arse.

He may not, but our owners might, if they keep on reading stories and hearing about Dan dissatisfaction with np, they might believe it. If they do believe the fans aren't happy with np then they might start to question whether they should be.

Then they start to see our name linked with redknapp and begin to wonder.

First post from a long time lurker, but I've always liked Pearson's interviews I think there's a huge amount of underlying humour in them. Anyone who's ever met or dealt with him in public seem to have nothing but good things to say about him (me personally I haven't).

But as has been said it's result that count.

I wish our supporters could just leave him alone and let him get on with getting us up.

Pearson seems to have two sides to him- the public and private persona. Privately, according to people who've met and worked with him, he's very funny, laid-back and easy going. With the public (Media) he's a lot more guarded, and it's not surprising.

Plenty of times he's done an interview and the headline is different/ not in line with the content of the words he said. It must get frustrating, and difficult to be open.

Pearson seems to have two sides to him- the public and private persona. Privately, according to people who've met and worked with him, he's very funny, laid-back and easy going. guarded, and it's not surprising.

With the public (Media) he's a lot more

Plenty of times he's done an interview and the headline is different/ not in line with the content of the words he said. It must get frustrating, and difficult to be open.

How true. The media twist words to suit themselves. And when that doesn't work , they make stuff up.

I don't blame np at all for treating them with distain.

Iv tried my hardest to like pearson and defended him from the supporters who want his blood but the fact is the blokes a complete tosser. Listening to his interview today with stringer he comes across as egotistical c u next tuesday!

I think the managers relationship with the fans is key and he needs to work on his personality

And I have tried my hardest to like you but guess what ?

He may not, but our owners might, if they keep on reading stories and hearing about Dan dissatisfaction with np, they might believe it. If they do believe the fans aren't happy with np then they might start to question whether they should be.

Then they start to see our name linked with redknapp and begin to wonder.

Who's Dan and why is he so dissatisfied...?

How true. The media twist words to suit themselves. And when that doesn't work , they make stuff up.

I don't blame np at all for treating them with distain.

Your innocent view of the world is so sweet. The fact is that the fans pay Nigel's wages, and therefore he has an accountability to them. A free press is part of the mechanism that protects institutions in this country. Its absolutely's out of order for Nigel to feel he is not accountable. Politician's answer to the media, Company directors answer to shareholder's and customers. What makes Big Nige unquestionable? He should go to manage in Russia if that's his world view. He is a penis.

Your innocent view of the world is so sweet. The fact is that the fans pay Nigel's wages, and therefore he has an accountability to them. A free press is part of the mechanism that protects institutions in this country. Its absolutely's out of order for Nigel to feel he is not accountable. Politician's answer to the media, Company directors answer to shareholder's and customers. What makes Big Nige unquestionable? He should go to manage in Russia if that's his world view. He is a penis.

So he should accept giving an interview, for example about players needing to improve, but naming no individuals, and then see a headline saying "Beckford/ Danns/ whoever the rumours are about needs to work harder" when he didn't actually name them personally, giving a non-existant hint to people that problems are there?

Go and ask a company director something that's none of your sodding business and see if you get an answer.

Not talking about individuals and naming them publicly is called man management, something all the planks on here say he's not very good at.

Go and ask a company director something that's none of your sodding business and see if you get an answer.

Not talking about individuals and naming them publicly is called man management, something all the planks on here say he's not very good at.

As a supporter I am a stakeholder. So it is my 'sodding business' to be communicated with. Your logic is woeful kid.

I'm very much of the "Pearson-in" camp, however, the man is as dull as dishwater in font of a mic. Shakies post match interview after the Burnley win (I think) was upbeat, informative, and refreshing. For God's sake the post match interviews with the school-boy enthusiatic stringer against NP is like drawing your nails down a chalk board. Puppy dog Stringer tries to please his master but at the same time ask questions that we all know will never get any other response than a urly "No comment" or "People can say all they want, we'll just carry on doing our job" etc. NP shouldn't do an interview after every match but he has to realise that the media is key to communication with the fan base. Get the fans on board and you'll get larger attendances with more vocal support. This will assist in better performances and driving revenue. It aint rocket science. If watching City struggle isn't bad enough these post match interviews leave me suicidal.

I think NP is very clever in his dealings with the media, their role is to sensationalise even the most trivial things, he very astutely fends these comments off sometimes curtly which is his perogative. He strikes me as a straight down the middle honourable bloke who conducts his business privately....that works for me!

Archived