Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

Predictable move, but it doessn't make sense loaning him to a club a few days before we play them? Beckford will no doubt let his new club in on our tactics.

We better have a replacement lined up because Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs are useless options unless we're settling for mid table again.

Predictable move, but it doesn't make sense loaning him to a club a few days before we play them? Beckford will no doubt let his new club in on our tactics.

We better have a replacement lined up because Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs are useless options unless we're settling for mid table again.

He only knows the U21s tactics :ph34r:

No, it won't prove anything.

He didn't/couldn't do it at this football club.

Most people on here think he could be a success elsewhere. In fact, most wanted to see him given (yet) another chance.

It's only me and one or two others who think he'll never come close to being successful at this level.

What it will prove, if he is does well at Huddersfield, which i believe he will, is that Nigel Pearson wasn`t able to get the best out of him or play to his strengths.

As for people rejoicing in the money saved on his wages, i would hazard a guess that we are still paying a much larger percentage of his wages than Huddersfield, in order that he can score goals for a potential rival for promotion!

A good days buisness for Simon Grayson in my opinion.

Beckford>Vardy

Beckford>WAGHORN

Beckford>Futacs

NP can't handle anyone with a slight Ego, his man management is shocking

Anyone remember DJ Campbell?

Yeah, DJ Campbell was an overpaid, overrated shithead - I was over the moon when we got rid of him.

Sick of all this 'Pearson can't handle egos' bollocks - by all accounts, Beckford is one of the most down to earth, well liked players at the club - no who at all, people just label him that way. Put simply, he's not done the business for us, potential or not. He's going to want to be playing first team football and we don't want a financial drain on our club playing for the under 21s. A loan move is the best move for all parties.

What it will prove, if he is does well at Huddersfield, which i believe he will, is that Nigel Pearson wasn`t able to get the best out of him or play to his strengths.

As for people rejoicing in the money saved on his wages, i would hazard a guess that we are still paying a much larger percentage of his wages than Huddersfield, in order that he can score goals for a potential rival for promotion!

A good days buisness for Simon Grayson in my opinion.

So you're also saying Sven failed to get the best out of him, in fact he was worse under Sven, so I guess, by that logic.. that Pearson is a better manager than Sven. He never wanted to be here in the first place, he was forced into it by Everton and has had a desire to move back to a club up North. He now has his wish, goodbye.

As for people rejoicing in the money saved on his wages, i would hazard a guess that we are still paying a much larger percentage of his

wages than Huddersfield, in order that he can score goals for a potential rival for promotion!

A good days buisness for Simon Grayson in my

opinion.

Why should we play to his strengths?

Football'sa team game; Beckford should be

playing to the team's strengths, particularly as we have several better players than him.

Beckford>Vardy

Beckford>WAGHORN

Beckford>Futacs

NP can't handle anyone with a slight Ego, his man management is shocking

Anyone remember DJ Campbell?

You mean the chap who cost us about 1.5m, made 38 appearances (league) and scored 4 goals (league)? damn, Pearson getting rid of him was a massive mistake - such a great player. :rolleyes:

Likewise Beckford - 2m, 42 appearances and 9 goals.

I'm spotting some similarities - and it's not egos or Pearson's management ability.

You mean the chap who cost us about 1.5m, made 38 appearances (league) and scored 4 goals (league)? damn, Pearson getting rid of him was a massive mistake - such a great player. :rolleyes:

Likewise Beckford - 2m, 42 appearances and 9 goals.

I'm spotting some similarities - and it's not egos or Pearson's management ability.

Amen. If he, or Mills had been any good and anywhere close to value for money they would still be here. Ego or no ego.

Amen. If he, or Mills had been any good and anywhere close to value for money they would still be here. Ego or no ego.

i dunno, the defense is still leaking goals.........not saying mills is any good

Pearson has made it clear salary etc is of no concern performances are.

Ego's are however a Pearson debate!

Completely to be expected, the only surprise is that Pearson kept him for so long. Personally I think with the right manager he could have done well for us, but if NP doesn't like you then all the quality in the world won't save you. Not saying Beckford had any tremendous amount of quality, but certainly with a bit of good man-management he is/was probably our best striker. So from that point of view it's a shame, but with NP in charge he was wasting his time and our money. All we can do now is hope that Pearson has got it right.

He is a great player and a goalscorer, but Leicester just isn't the club for him, since day one he hasn't seem settled, and a move like this is best for him and Leicester.

Yes it might come back to haunt us, if he starts scoring for Huddersfield; however the fact is he hasn't been good for us, and there is no point playing a player who just doesn't perform in our club shirt.

I guess Danns will be the next one out, surprised nobody has called Pearson a racist.

Completely to be expected, the only surprise is that Pearson kept him for so long. Personally I think with the right manager he could have done well for us, but if NP doesn't like you then all the quality in the world won't save you. Not saying Beckford had any tremendous amount of quality, but certainly with a bit of good man-management he is/was probably our best striker. So from that point of view it's a shame, but with NP in charge he was wasting his time and our money. All we can do now is hope that Pearson has got it right.

He hasn't proven any quality with us or even looked close to being our best striker. It's all ifs buts and maybes. Chances are had he shown it he would probably still be here.

Why is it always flops who are alleged to have egos Pearson can't handle. The day he gets rid of someone actually playing well for us it's a problem.

He is a great player and a goalscorer, but Leicester just isn't the club for him, since day one he hasn't seem settled, and a move like this is best for him and Leicester.

Yes it might come back to haunt us, if he starts scoring for Huddersfield; however the fact is he hasn't been good for us, and there is no point playing a player who just doesn't perform in our club shirt.

I guess Danns will be the next one out, surprised nobody has called Pearson a racist.

They did first time he was here. But It would be as idiotic now as it was then considering he has signed and played many black players.

Archived