Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

No, it won't prove anything.

He didn't/couldn't do it at this football club.

Most people on here think he could be a success elsewhere. In fact, most wanted to see him given (yet) another chance.

It's only me and one or two others who think he'll never come close to being successful at this level.

Given the chance in our current squad I think he would score for fun especially with the balls Knocky has been putting through I expected Vardy to finish both chances he had Sunday just because I seem so much of him at Fleetwood. Beckford will score goals for Huddersfield.

Que thread why is Beckford scoring goals. He'll score more than Waghorn and Futacs put it that way, then me and others can say told you so but then again there would be some bullshit reply like his goals don't count because it was against lower league opposition/cup.

Whether he scores more than Futacs or Waghorn is irrelevant as they are not our first choice pairing. If he first choice at Udders then he should score more.

If he scores more than Vardy and Nugent then that's different.

Given the chance in our current squad I think he would score for fun especially with the balls Knocky has been putting through I expected Vardy to finish both chances he had Sunday just because I seem so much of him at Fleetwood. Beckford will score goals for Huddersfield.

Yes, I know you "think" he will. Just like you thought he'd be great last season.

Beckford's a fraud, and Huddersfield are going to find that out sooner rather than later.

Good. We were wasting money on him just so he could kick a ball about with the U21s, I don't know how much he was being paid by the club but it seems by most accounts that it was far too much! I really hope he moves away permanently in January so we can totally rid ourselves of this drain on our finances.

Whether he scores more than Futacs or Waghorn is irrelevant as they are not our first choice pairing. If he first choice at Udders then he should score more.

If he scores more than Vardy and Nugent then that's different.

Used them pair just being a funny bugger tbh so many times has Beckford been compared to Waghorn...

This forum knows my thoughts on Beckford, wrong decision.

I love NP and he gets most things but this is a mistake. Him and Becks aren't compatible, and it's a shame, because with JB up front and given games we would be in the top 2 now. Hope he scores so many (especially against Forest and Derby) that he gets recalled and effectively plays his way into our team

I love NP and he gets most things but this is a mistake. Him and Becks aren't compatible, and it's a shame, because with JB up front and given games we would be in the top 2 now. Hope he scores so many (especially against Forest and Derby) that he gets recalled and effectively plays his way into our team

We'd be in the top two? What like last season?

Beckford>Vardy

Beckford>WAGHORN

Beckford>Futacs

NP can't handle anyone with a slight Ego, his man management is shocking

Anyone remember DJ Campbell?

What. Are. You. Basing. This. On?

I don't really get that, NP played him loads & the return was plenty of lean times

Even Sven the chap who signed him picked Schlupp when he could

Becks just hasn't worked out here, the lack of goals per game wouldn't matter so much if he was a team player, but he loses the ball more often than not, hindering our efforts

Sure he'll do well in the future, but no one can say NP didn't play him

I honestly just don't know how we can cope without his 9 goals this season. It could cripple us...

wish you would have told us earlier you was physic as theres an 80 million lottery tonight.. could have got the numbers from you..

ohhh sorry you going on last season (leaving out his cup goals puzzled me for a minute but then i remember they dont count)

considering the whole team. staff etc was chopped and changed last season and majority of people agree JB would benefit from a different service to what we gave him last time, and now as ash pointed out earlier the likes of knocky etc whos to say he couldnt have banged in more than them 9..

wish you would have told us earlier you was physic as theres an 80 million lottery tonight.. could have got the numbers from you..

ohhh sorry you going on last season (leaving out his cup goals puzzled me for a minute but then i remember they dont count)

considering the whole team. staff etc was chopped and changed last season and majority of people agree JB would benefit from a different service to what we gave him last time, and now as ash pointed out earlier the likes of knocky etc whos to say he couldnt have banged in more than them 9..

Yes that is a GREAT analogy. Comparing a players form to the randomness of the lottery numbers. Thats SO true, what a brilliant comparison you have made. I've based my opinion on this loan move on Beckfords form in a Leicester City shirt, chiefly last season. I see nothing silly about that.

I don't really get that, NP played him loads & the return was plenty of lean times

Even Sven the chap who signed him picked Schlupp when he could

Becks just hasn't worked out here, the lack of goals per game wouldn't matter so much if he was a team player, but he loses the ball more often than not, hindering our efforts

Sure he'll do well in the future, but no one can say NP didn't play him

People have short memories.

Forget his sodding goals or what competitions they have been in, his all round play was shit the majority of the time. Pearson played him and played him last year and got rewarded with average to crap barring a couple of games.

I would have given him one last shot at it. But how some people on here can react as though we're losing a star player is beyond me having witnessed almost all of his performances.

Will Waghorn and Vardy score more? Maybe maybe not, but I don't think there would be much between them. There would be a huge difference in effort and team play though and that's unquestionable.

Archived