Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

I never like feeding opposition teams our players. Especially (even if we're only 7 games in) when Huddersfield are 2nd in the League. I'm hoping this doesn't come back and bit us hard and fvck our season up... like cost us a play-off position

But I do think it's best for him to go.

More importantly though, is Beckford going to move on FIFA too? :dry:

He hasn't ... even looked close to being our best striker.

Who is better than him?

Vardy? No.

Futacs? Doesn't look like it.

Waghorn? Don't make me laugh.

Schlupp? Obviously not.

Nugent? Possibly, on his day.

Beckford is, at worst, our 2nd best striker, and I reckon had he played as much as Nugent this season he'd have scored just as many goals.

The saga is over for the meanwhile I guess, should we expect a replacement or are people confident in our strike force?, barring Vardy and Nugent the others aren't that good enough have the potiential but aren't going to produce the goods on a consistent basis, for a sustained promotion push albeit perhaps goals will come from the midfield as well so shouldn't be much of a problem perhaps.

Que thread why is Beckford scoring goals. He'll score more than Waghorn and Futacs put it that way, then me and others can say told you so but then again there would be some bullshit reply like his goals don't count because it was against lower league opposition/cup.

A bit like the DJ Campbell situation then? Were you sad to see him go?

The saga is over for the meanwhile I guess, should we expect a replacement or are people confident in our strike force?, barring Vardy and Nugent the others aren't that good enough have the potiential but aren't going to produce the goods on a consistent basis, for a sustained promotion push albeit perhaps goals will come from the midfield as well so shouldn't be much of a problem perhaps.

We're not exactly losing a great deal anyway, so no real need for a replacement.

I'm disappointed about this but if we can bring someone like Jones in on loan it would more than make up for it. Perfect scenario would be waggy scoring off the bench and start getting back to his best.. I still have faith this could happen. When people write him off I think they forget just how young the lad is. There is plenty of time for him to improve.. he has about 5 years on Vardy

I don't think we need a replacement.

Nugent will hopefully go on a run now he has scored a couple, I think Vardy is quality and will show it with goals soon, Pearson has faith in Waghorn and Waghorn is showing what he can do for England and Leicester U21s, Futacs has looked pretty good in the few minutes of football I have seen him play and on top of this, we have Schlupp.

I've stuck up for Beckford but if he isn't fitting in, then there is no point him being here. Whatever he does at Huddersfield will not change the fact he was unspectacular here.

Upwards and onwards.

The news disappoints me a bit, but not massively .... I thought JB was decent, just needed a run and a bit of confidence .... seems we'd rather flog the Waghorn dead horse instead.

Hey ho - at least NP can say he's got his own side now .... and he'll have no excuses if they fail.

I hope none of the Fryupp lovers are listening!!!

Fryatt and Beckford are nothing alike.

For starters Fryatt has scored regularly at this level.

Archived