Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

Can't say I share everyone's delight but as long as we bring in a decent replacement I'm not too devastated.

He's a player that's always had potential to score goals in this league and has shown flashes of top quality stuff, but it's fair to say he's been a disappointment especially considering the fee and his wages. Nigel's hinted that he and Danns haven't been working hard enough as well so I can see why he'd want rid.

However I'm under no illusions about our strikers, we can argue who's better than who all day and all night but the truth is we're not blessed with a plethora of great finishers so I am concerned if we aren't planning to add some goals to our squad.

Who is better than him?

Vardy? No.

Futacs? Doesn't look like it.

Waghorn? Don't make me laugh.

Schlupp? Obviously not.

Nugent? Possibly, on his day.

Beckford is, at worst, our 2nd best striker, and I reckon had he played as much as Nugent this season he'd have scored just as many goals.

There is no possibly about it Nugent was clearly our best striker in terms of goals AND all round team play.

Vardy currently has a better gpg ratio than Beckford achieved for us and again offers more for the team.

To a lesser extent you have

Waghorn who out scored Beckford in his first year on loan. And Futacs who scored 5 league goals in 12 league starts for a relegated team. Only 4 less than Beckford in a much worse team with And Beckford has had 39 starts for us. Yet he's looked at as shite over Beckford.

As for scoring as many as Nugent had he played, well he didn't last year did he. When he's banged in 15 league goals we'll talk. Because he might be useful in our aim for promotion.

I love NP and he gets most things but this is a mistake. Him and Becks aren't compatible, and it's a shame, because with JB up front and given games we would be in the top 2 now. Hope he scores so many (especially against Forest and Derby) that he gets recalled and effectively plays his way into our team

How would we be in the top 2? Beckford has displayed his inept ability at converting chances. He will probably do well for them but as has been said, was never going to do it here.

Lets look at the possible scenarios. 1) Beckford is a success at Udders. 1a) He comes back here confident and willing to work his way back into the team. 1b) They buy him and rid us of an expensive wage and give us the finances to replace him. 1c) Someone else wants him. All good scenarios. 2) Beckford is a failure at Udders. 2a) He messes up their chances of promotion (agent Beckford bonus scenario) 2b) He comes back here. What's the downside here people?

He has been so dreadful in a Leicester shirt. He puts no effort in whatsoever, I'm telling you now that Nigel and the coaches have put so much work in trying to get beckford to put 100% in and get him scoring goals again but enough is enough. It's all just too late now for him and that's fine by me. The only way he has a future here is if we get a new manager.

Yeah, because Beckford was such a prolific goal machine!

Ten min cameo's and people expect him to have 20 goals already? Our strike force is pretty average, Waggy couldn't hit the side of a double decker, Vardy is all huff and puff with no end product, and Futacs may as well be invisible.... Pearson never wanted to give Beckford a chance from the start this season and it will come back to bite him on the arse, just like D.J......

Seriously why do people still think this is a bad decision? Because he's good on fifa? Cuz he played in the premiership? (mainly as a sub) Cuz everyone raved about him when he was bagging goals for fun in league 1, like fryatt (back to back hat tricks) or maybe because he's a wannabe gangstar and he's black enit.

It's because if you take his overall contribution to the club and relate that to his cost to the club then it is pretty clear that he has achieved the square root of fook all....... :nono:

Anything else is just nonsense.

Ten min cameo's and people expect him to have 20 goals already? Our strike force is pretty average, Waggy couldn't hit the side of a double decker, Vardy is all huff and puff with no end product, and Futacs may as well be invisible.... Pearson never wanted to give Beckford a chance from the start this season and it will come back to bite him on the arse, just like D.J......

Started the first two games and never looked like scoring. Go back and watch his cameo against Blackpool - two excellent chances and he didn't even hit the target once!

Well, as you say, 10 minute cameos and you expect them to have 20 goals already? Let's be honest this season and last, there not really been that much difference between Waghorn's and Beckford's finishing.

Never wanted to give him a chance... But started him in the first two games hmmm.

Vardy is all huff and puff but currently is on a better ppg ratio and only 7 goals behind Beckford total last year. Which would be 6 but for the Blackburn shit decision.

And blooming fuctacs was only 4 goals behind from 12 starts last year.

Beckford ain't cut the mustard, simple as that. Especially considering his cost.

He will never do it consistently for anybody. He may be a nice guy off the pitch, but he is lazy and not a team player on it. I have watched him in the warm ups and he is always the one who makes the least effort. When you are building a team ethic and he starts, what does that say to the other players? Pearson is building a team based on talent, youth, effort and team spirit......and I applauded him for that. No room for occasionally brilliant, but largely selfish egos there. Please remember the MON years allowed no egos and I totally support Pearson in doing the same

Archived