Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

F***s sake, haven't we got them soon?? Real smart move loaning a promotion rival a striker :/ thought only the other day Pearson told him to prove himself??!?!

Edit: just read he's not eligible not to play against us... But still feel this is a bad move.

with the right service dude can score goals, I don't doubt that. until we signed knocky, we didn't play to any half decent strikers strengths, unless they were 7 foot tall and incredible in the air.

beckford to score at least 1 in 2 at Huddersfield. you heard it here first.

What did DJ Campbell actually stop us doing again? He didn't deny us a play-off place or knock us out of them.

AoWW is right, Beckford does well and he'll probably come back, he doesn't and he might be sent back.

I reckon we've got someone lined up as well. I'd be more concerned if Nugent had gone.

with the right service dude can score goals, I don't doubt that. until we signed knocky, we didn't play to any half decent strikers strengths, unless they were 7 foot tall and incredible in the air.

beckford to score at least 1 in 2 at Huddersfield. you heard it here first.

Nugent seemed to do alright.

He is a great player and a goalscorer, but Leicester just isn't the club for him, since day one he hasn't seem settled, and a move like this is best for him and Leicester.

Yes it might come back to haunt us, if he starts scoring for Huddersfield; however the fact is he hasn't been good for us, and there is no point playing a player who just doesn't perform in our club shirt.

I guess Danns will be the next one out, surprised nobody has called Pearson a racist.

Sir, you are not wrong.

Beckford will do well elsewhere. Nigel MUST have an andidote to combat the backlash for this though. Nugent come on down son. Still think this will all be horrible for us. Wickham on his way in?

Presumed you were taking last season into account, when Nugent out scored and out performed him with the same service.

But still he went 11 games without a goal, worrying. Waghorn, the pits. Vardy, finding his feet and Futacs trusted with nothing more than half a cheese sandwich, suggests a little concern.

Presumed you were taking last season into account, when Nugent out scored and out performed him with the same service.

weren't there 7 or 8 games at the end of the season when he didn't score? and nuge strikes me as a guy who can create his own chances somewhat, jermaine needs to be fed, and feeders we aren't (hopeful crosses excluded). watching knockaert against hull though, I do have renewed optimism.

weren't there 7 or 8 games at the end of the season when he didn't score? and nuge strikes me as a guy who can create his own chances somewhat, jermaine needs to be fed, and feeders we aren't (hopeful crosses excluded). watching knockaert against hull though, I do have renewed optimism.

Yes I was there, and yes I'd agree that Nugent creates chances for himself a lot more than Beckford. Players go through goal droughts, it happens. He scored consistently over the rest of the season so it's not really a major concern for me.

I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of Beckford's wages Huddersfield are paying. Bar the odd game he's not impressed in his 12 months here, and it was only a matter of time before Nigel shipped him out. Where the blind faith comes from that he's suddenly going to start banging in the goals for us after a years worth of (on the whole) poor performances, I have no idea.

When I heard he had signed I was quite excited, however every time I've seen him play he has never looked really like he wants to be here.

You can see this blatantly with players like kasper.

He may have some premier league goals but people over hype him a lot, So what if he does well at Huddersfield ? He hasn't been good enough here end of. As people have mentioned

It's win win situation.

For people saying 'he's alot better than

Waghorn futacs and vardy' I'm sure

If vardy has the same amount of games he will score more than beckford did.

I can only go on the games i've seen.....West ham away woeful...Peterborough away would not put his head in for an easy goal,Forest home briliant and allthe others pretty average.So if some club want to match our wages and length of them they can have him.

People have short memories.

Forget his sodding goals or what competitions they have been in, his all round play was shit the majority of the time. Pearson played him and played him last year and got rewarded with average to crap barring a couple of games.

I would have given him one last shot at it. But how some people on here can react as though we're losing a star player is beyond me having witnessed almost all of his performances.

Will Waghorn and Vardy score more? Maybe maybe not, but I don't think there would be much between them. There would be a huge difference in effort and team play though and that's unquestionable.

And that's the simple truth of it. He's been poor for us and there were no signs that was ever going to change. No point in prolonging the pain and every point in cutting our losses.

Had the potential, but never lived up to it here. Have to admit I was quite excited when he first signed for us.

Not overly disappointed by this decision though, I hope he does well at Huddersfield- not well enough to get them into the play-offs over us!

Really hope we get in a striker on loan I'm bored of Waghorn coming on and falling over his own feet already. IMO our strikeforce looks alot weaker than other teams who should be battling for the playoffs

the fact is he has been totally indifferent for us. his performance at forest in the cup was one of the most inept i have seen by a player followed in the replay by a hat trick of top drawer finishes. makes no sense. he has the talent but obviously not the drive to show it for us on a more regular basis cos by rights he should be in the team if he could be arsed

I think he'll do well at Huddersfield as I reckon Grayson knows how to play him, wasn't he the manager in charge when beckford was banging in the goals for Leeds?

As for him playing for us again, it's a shame to let him go and it's a disappointment. It's a shame because I think you can never have too many strikers (ego or no ego) in order to have that extra option; beckford clearly had a scoring touch a few seasons ago (though I thought that was becchio setting him up half the time). It's a disappointment that for some reason or another, it's just not clicked for him.

Hopefully he can get some 1st football and either get decent and comeback, or prove that we were right to loan him out and cut away an ineffective (for now) player.

I think he'll do well at Huddersfield as I reckon Grayson knows how to play him, wasn't he the manager in charge when beckford was banging in the goals for Leeds?

This is spot on for me.

He'll go there and get a different Management approach and do much better.

Whatever you think of Pearson etc Beckford and the Manager don't suit each other.

The problem we will have is if we want to sell him we'll have to agree to pay part of his wages for the rest of his contract (like Mills) to move him on, because no one will match what we have paid him.

This is spot on for me.

He'll go there and get a different Management approach and do much better.

Whatever you think of Pearson etc Beckford and the Manager don't suit each other.

The problem we will have is if we want to sell him we'll have to agree to pay part of his wages for the rest of his contract (like Mills) to move him on, because no one will match what we have paid him.

That explains his poor performances under Pearson but what about the equally poor performances under Sven?

As for the money well we all know who did that.

That explains his poor performances under Pearson but what about the equally poor performances under Sven?

As for the money well we all know who did that.

I think under Sven things were far too laid back, now we have the exact opposite.

I'm not saying either approach is right or wrong, but I do believe Beckford is the type that needs pandering to a little. Sometimes in all walks of professional life you have to do, say and support things you don't necessarily agree with or believe in the name of the wider good.

It suits us all, player, manager and fans if Beckford is scoring for fun, even if that means some people have to go against their principles.

This can ONLY be answered over time.

Either Becks will shine under Grayson, or he will be as bad as he was here at City.

No one knows which it will be.

Just because a player does ok at another club it doesn't mean we should keep him here... It doesn't work like that. I've said over and over again that some players play well for certain managers and in certain formations. Beckford may be one of those players, or he may not. Time will tell.

And yes, Huddersfield are rivals, but so are umpteen other clubs in the division this season.

We have to trust our manager, give it time and see what pans out.

Also, not make over the top comments on here if Beckford starts scoring. As long as we do too, I'll be happy enough.

Archived