Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

Agree with a number of posts on this page, Grayson will get the best out of him, he'll score goals there and we'll have another Blackpool/DJ situation come the end of the season.

Nige is good at managing young players who look up to him, but If he can't get the best out of players like Beckford then he'll be limited at what level he will be able to manage at.

I think Vardy will find his feet and Nuge will get goals but after that im concerned, an injury and we look short on options so i'd like to see a loan replacement.

All the best JB, I'll be having a cheeky bet on you finding the net today.

Ten min cameo's and people expect him to have 20 goals already? Our strike force is pretty average, Waggy couldn't hit the side of a double decker, Vardy is all huff and puff with no end product, and Futacs may as well be invisible.... Pearson never wanted to give Beckford a chance from the start this season and it will come back to bite him on the arse, just like D.J......

I partly agree with some of the above, waghorn is rubbish and someone mentioned above about beckford fluffing chances! waghorn needs to go if anything he's like a baby he needs cuddles and hugs to stop himself skying chances. I also don't think vardy is anything special, he's far to lightweight aswell. Futacs I haven't seen enough of him to make judgement. schlupp is a left back isn't he? Because that's where he gets played now

Personally, I wanted him to stay, rather than go out on loan to one of our rivals, particularly if we, which I assume we are doing, are still paying part of his wages. Doesn't make sense to pay for him to score goals for someone else. I think with a run in the team he would have scored goals for us. Vardy has had a good run, with lots of hustle and bustle, but hasn't really suggested that he'll be a regular scorer at this level.

Hopefully loaning him out will mean that we loan a striker in, perhaps someone like Kenwyne Jones, because as mentioned above, our current crop of strikers I don't think will score us enough goals to take us up.

If anybody doubts np's man management skills should look at the blog of Bruno berner, the blog saying bye as he left the club...

Apart from Nugent and vardy (OK he needs to put away his chances) our strike force is on the weaker side... but like anyone that has gone before if your not 100% committed / underperforming you get cut simply as that.. and Nigel is more interested in the squad ethic rather than one individual that has failed quite frankly.

I wanted him to succeed honestly... don't think Huddersfield will emulate Southampton etc but am sure becks will bang a few in no doubt :blink:

love the kid, Pearson cant hack man management. Lets see him bang in the goals for Huddersfield

Tripe.

Is this the same Pearson who gave Beckford repeated opportunities to impress last season despite being desperately shit for 80% of the campaign?

Is this the same Pearson who gave SSL another chance after he was on the verge of leaving for Ipswich?

Is this the same Pearson who brought Nugent back even after his Twitter-based moaning at the start of last season?

Is this the same Pearson who has regularly picked Uefa Cup and FA Cup finalist and England international Paul Konchesky?

Pearson has shown himself to be a more than adept man manager. Young, old, grumpy, happy, foreign, domestic, big and small, we've had them all here under Pearson and had more success than under any manager since Adams.

It's simple. If the players look like they give a shit about playing for us and they play well, they stay in the team.

Pearson cannot and must not be blamed for Beckford's ineptitude.

Firstly, he doesnt have a big ego. Everyone thats been around him says he's a really down to earth nice guy. Just because our manager doesnt play him, doesnt mean he has a big ego or attitude problem, just simply that over the course of time, he's been 80% gash and 20% effective. Secondly, are people actually suggesting Huddersfield will be a promotion rival?

He does sound like a decent guy; King once stated in an interview that Beckford is the first person on the training ground to ask every player if he is alright/had a good night etc... I don't think he has a attitude problem, just most of the time doesn't work that hard (especially not as hard as Nugent and Vardy) on the pitch. It's not his fault, he got offered 40k a week, or whatever ridiculous wage he is on. I'm not one for "he's gone to a rival" because if Huddersfield are the only team to bid, what we going to do, hold out for a Premier League team to bid? No, I think this move is good for all parties involved.

For the best. You sometimes just get players that for whatever reason don't make it at a particular club.

God help Pearson though the first time Becks scores and we don't win!

It will be brought up every time, depsite the fact Pearson has given him plenty of chances since he came back 10 months ago, so although we have people saying "he can't handle players" he's given Beckford a more than fair chance.

Huddersfield is the best team we could of sent him to, they aren't imo going to be promotion rivals at all so we haven't got much to worry about as a certain DJ Campbell situation arises and even then one man isn't going to be the difference?, so as long as we get a replacement in the loan window or permanent transfer incoming come January I will be happy.

Firstly, he doesnt have a big ego. Everyone thats been around him says he's a really down to earth nice guy. Just because our manager doesnt play him, doesnt mean he has a big ego or attitude problem, just simply that over the course of time, he's been 80% gash and 20% effective. Secondly, are people actually suggesting Huddersfield will be a promotion rival?

Exactly this. He's done nothing to suggest he has an ego problem. The problem is that he's a very average footballer who has massively overachieved in his career (in financial and status terms) having enjoyed some ridiculously good fortune in his career. Take his 2/3 years at Leeds out of the equation and he really doesn't have much to show for his career.

Ahh well. I still think he'd be good enough to score goals for us but he clearly wasn't ever going to have all the fans onside, and by the looks of things was struggling to have his manager on his side too. Best he leaves. Shame it didn't work out but what can you do, it didn't and never will.

Why should we play to his strengths?

Football'sa team game; Beckford should be

playing to the team's strengths, particularly as we have several better players than him.

might aswell let fuctas go then, as he's a target man and we may play to his strengths!!

Exactly this. He's done nothing to suggest he has an ego problem. The problem is that he's a very average footballer who has massively overachieved in his career (in financial and status terms) having enjoyed some ridiculously good fortune in his career. Take his 2/3 years at Leeds out of the equation and he really doesn't have much to show for his career.

hey! Take that back. He's a legend at Wealdstone.

Archived