Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

Personally, I wanted him to stay, rather than go out on loan to one of our rivals, particularly if we, which I assume we are doing, are still paying part of his wages. Doesn't make sense to pay for him to score goals for someone else. I think with a run in the team he would have scored goals for us. Vardy has had a good run, with lots of hustle and bustle, but hasn't really suggested that he'll be a regular scorer at this level.

Hopefully loaning him out will mean that we loan a striker in, perhaps someone like Kenwyne Jones, because as mentioned above, our current crop of strikers I don't think will score us enough goals to take us up.

He's had a run in the sodding team, he had 39 starts last year and scored in 7 games.

Vardy so far has a better gpg ratio in league, and league and cup. It's only been 7-8 games so it's difficult to say for certain what he will do long term. But a lad from non league is scoring at a better rate than Beckford did and working hard to go with it.

Huddersfield is the best team we could of sent him to, they aren't imo going to be promotion rivals at all so we haven't got much to worry about as a certain DJ Campbell situation arises and even then one man isn't going to be the difference?, so as long as we get a replacement in the loan window or permanent transfer incoming come January I will be happy.

Famous last words

Interesting point from Stringer, Beckford on 49 appearances for us, maybe we'd have to give Everton some more money for his 50th appearance?

Jason Beckford lol

He's actually on 48 appearances, but I guess the facts don't matter to speculative idiots like Ian!

Incorrect.

2011-2012 League 39 + 4 FA Cup

2012-2013 League 4 + 1 League Cup

Total 48

Also incorrect. Check Beckford's stats page, 40 starts, 9 sub appearances, there's a break down of the teams that his appearances come against.

And yes, I imagine that it's purely coincidence.

Also incorrect. Check Beckford's stats page, 40 starts, 9 sub appearances, there's a break down of the teams that his appearances come against.

And yes, I imagine that it's purely coincidence.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The stats provided by the Football League, LCFC OS and Press Association all have Beckford on 48 appearances - in the exact breakdown I've given.

I'm guessing you're going by Wikipedia.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The stats provided by the Football League, LCFC OS and Press Association all have Beckford on 48 appearances - in the exact breakdown I've given.

I'm guessing you're going by Wikipedia.

No, Wiki has him down on 48. I'm going by the Stats page on FT, which has him on 49. 40 starts, 9 sub appearances. He's play 43 times for us in the NPC, 5 times in the FA Cup and once in the League Cup. Like I said there's a list on his stats page of what teams his appearances have come against, and they add up to 49.

No, Wiki has him down on 48. I'm going by the Stats page on FT, which has him on 49. 40 starts, 9 sub appearances. He's play 43 times for us in the NPC, 5 times in the FA Cup and once in the League Cup. Like I said there's a list on his stats page of what teams his appearances have come against, and they add up to 49.

Well either FT is wrong, or FL, LCFC and PA are wrong.

Either way, it's pure speculation by Stringer with no foundation whatsoever and it's bound to attract idiots who link it to NP.

That's wrong though - he's got 42 league appearances.

This has annoyed me so much

Beckford has more potential than any other striker in the team if we get him playing, like he will do at Huddersfield.

Schlupp should have produced by now, he's going on 20 and he can't even make the bench. With time and good managing

Beckford can get 20-30 goals a season and Grayson will give him that. Just you wait he will do a DJ at Huddersfield.

This is a f****** joke

This has annoyed me so much

Beckford has more potential than any other striker in the team if we get him playing, like he will do at Huddersfield.

Schlupp should have produced by now, he's going on 20 and he can't even make the bench. With time and good managing

Beckford can get 20-30 goals a season and Grayson will give him that. Just you wait he will do a DJ at Huddersfield.

This is a f****** joke

Potential? He's 28 and never scored more than 9 league goals above league one.

How much time does he need what's he had 39 league starts and scored in 7 games. Vardy has scored in two games from seven and gets slated.

Maybe he can score 20, but he's shown little he's capable of doing that. His performances on the whole have been poor.

Archived