Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Middlesboro Post Match

That was the kind of away day I've been so sick to keep missing, and been through hours and days of absolute shite on the road for (and definitely need some more like it to balance things lol)

Really am delighted and I feel genuinely optimistic, this is our best team in years, it's one of the most exciting attacks in years and Knockaert really is the most FLAIR player I can remember at this club, superb talent.

Bloody wedding anniversary yesterday and this was the first one of the season I've missed. Dyer did score a late winner in a 1-0 win at The Riverside in season 2009/10 on the same date and I managed to get to that one with a work related excuse which her in doors obviously bought into. Great result yesterday and looking forward to going on Tuesday night, yes it's a ball ache to travel to Huddersfield on a midweek but if I listen to anymore Radio Leicester commentary this season I will end up pulling my finger nails off!

Don't know if its been mentioned but didn't Dyer score in our play-off season on yesterday's date on the Tuesday night? Was around there anyway. Got a really good feeling about this season..

That winner also happened to take a deflection too.

It's amazing how quickly things can change in football.

That winner also happened to take a deflection too.

It's amazing how quickly things can change in football.

I guess one could again describe Dyer's deflection as 'lucky'.

I prefer to attribute it to the fact that we were again surging forward at the end of the game looking for the winner.

If we continue to attack with pace and guile against tiring defences, I believe we will continue to 'make our own luck'. The deflection couldnt have happened if Lloyd wasn't in that position and hadn't had the shot.

I prefer to attribute it to the fact that we were again surging forward at the end of the game looking for the winner.

If we continue to attack with pace and guile against tiring defences, I believe we will continue to 'make our own luck'. The deflection couldnt have happened if Lloyd wasn't in that position and hadn't had the shot.

It's about time we had a bit of luck.

Thought it was gonna be one if them days again, Nugent hitting the post, Steele making a Banks-esque save from SSL and another decent save from Kingy which people wouldn't have seen on FLS. Ledge must still be wondering how he's not scored now.

Hahahahahaaa I love Dyer's interview, he's a proper thicket. You can't help but have a soft spot for him, even though he's utter dog muck. Keep it up Lloydy. Never forget that scuffer he scored in the dying seconds away at Huddersfield, that was a magical away day. I tumbled about 20 rows down the stand when that went in.

Absolutely. and unlike people such as Wellens, Dyer will keep having a pot whatever sort of game he's having. Week in, week out the bloke never abdicates responsibility. He passes the ball in neutral situations and has a go when he can. In the team or on the bench he just gets on with doing his best. The lad's a gem.

Absolutely. and unlike people such as Wellens, Dyer will keep having a pot whatever sort of game he's having. Week in, week out the bloke never abdicates responsibility. He passes the ball in neutral situations and has a go when he can. In the team or on the bench he just gets on with doing his best. The lad's a gem.

I agree with you on Llloyd Dyer and always have.

I think this also shows that 'luck' DOES even itself out over the course of a season. And if you play in a certain way, you'll make your own.

Just love the way pearson installs a work ethic. Nuge starts the seson on the bench grafts hard and gets back in the side. Vardy comes from fleetwood works his socks off and plays. Beckford and Danns made an example of, you wanna play for Leicester you better put in a shift and in todays football what a breath of fresh air. Great start so far, long may it continue cause this is looking like auto promotion form. Let's hope we can keep it up.

But they didn't want to play for Leicester, that was the actual issue! Well done Pearson

I agree with you on Llloyd Dyer and always have.

I think this also shows that 'luck' DOES even itself out over the course of a season. And if you play in a certain way, you'll make your own.

I've never been a Dyer fan but what I won't do is question his desire or his commitment to the club. I don't believe he is a good enough player to play a starting part in a side with automatic promotion ambitions but there isn't a player at the club I'd be happier to be proved wrong by.

That is very strange about us playing them away on the same day in 2009, and Dyer also getting the late winner (83rd) that day:

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/middlesbrough_0_leicester_city_1_465853/index.shtml

Interesting to see the table after 8 games that season:

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/2009_2010/19/sep/leicester_city/index.shtml

We had 13 points and 9th. We are now on 15 points and 5th.

Most noteworthy though, the top 2 that season (West Brom and Newcastle) had 20 and 19 points. Brighton are currently top on 16. Based on that, this season should provide a better opportunity to get a top two place than it did then. Even last season Southampton had 19 points after 8 games, and QPR had 20 the year before that.

That is very strange about us playing them away on the same day in 2009, and Dyer also getting the late winner (83rd) that day:

http://www.leicester...853/index.shtml

Interesting to see the table after 8 games that season:

http://www.leicester...ity/index.shtml

We had 13 points and 9th. We are now on 15 points and 5th.

Most noteworthy though, the top 2 that season (West Brom and Newcastle) had 20 and 19 points. Brighton are currently top on 16. Based on that, this season should provide a better opportunity to get a top two place than it did then. Even last season Southampton had 19 points after 8 games, and QPR had 20 the year before that.

Brighton are nowhere near as good as those sides, we don't have that quality of team this season, it should be very open.

Just got back from a weekend to remember in the north east. Knocky you are an absolute star. Kingy will start now. Well done to the back four. Marshall is a real weak link at the moment, going forward he offers very little. After his 3 or 4 wonder strikes he really is not performing, his positional play defensively nearly cost us a couple of times. However, Knocky, Knocky, Knocky all the way the man love continues. Yes he gave the ball away a few times but everything good about us going forward comes through him. Nigel let him continue to play where he wants.

From Foxblogger http://foxblogger.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/middlesborough-1-2-leicester-city-key-numbers/?

Leicester got their first away win of the league campaign and won three league matches for the first time in 19 months. This was a big win for Foxes who saw the ball break for them just at the right moments. They climb into the playoff positions for the second time this season – as many times as they managed in the entirety of the last campaign. Now to stay there…

The key numbers;

10 – A total of 15 points from eight matches represents Leicester’s best start at this level for a decade. Not since 2002/03 have City won so many points from their opening run of games. Back then six wins and a draw (and an oft forgotten 6-1 pummelling at Ipswich) saw Leicester in 2nd place. 19 points would have put City top this season, but if the weekend is anything to go by it looks like no-one will run away with the Championship this year.

21 – Nigel Pearson has used 21 players so far this season. Only Derby County (19) have used fewer. The City boss has named an unchanged starting eleven for each of these last three victories. The side is starting to pick itself.

58 – Leicester held the ball better in this match than in any other this season, a statistic that confirms (despite the defections) that City were worthy of their win. Only once so far (at Blackburn) have City’s opponents had the advantage in terms of possession.

Archived