Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzycomeback

Which striker do we need

Chris Wood. On loan at Millwall currently, and I'm pretty sure I recall West Brom indicating they don't want him. Great target man who will hold the ball up, and score goals.

On the other hand, Futacs could do this job, but I haven't seen him play yet. In terms of a goalscorer though; Charlie Austin (I mentioned him on here when he was at Swindon).

With all the wage cutting we have been doing, I doubt Nigel will buy a proven goal scorer with big wages, more likely he'll stick with what we have, buy a lower league player with potential or get a loan deal for the rest of the season for a premiership striker

Someone like Chris Wood from West Bromich I would bring in on a loan deal with a view to permanent. His loan spell at Millwall is coming to an end soon and always seems to score goals at this level at Brighton, Birmingham and Bristol, is only 20 years old as well so has potential to improve I suppose.

The man who did this:

Oh right, are we just naming players who don't want to play for our club now? Ok, in that case we need Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

"Beckford doubles his tally for the season in one night" - that bit of the video tells you all you need to know about how prolific JB is.

The concern for me is that David Nugent has only scored in 4 of his last 20+ matches. So there is 16 games where he's not scored and with Vardy still finding his feet and Waghorn out of sorts, we are badly lacking up front for a team who wants and expects to be challenging for promotion. I know we are 2nd and i'm over the moon with us this season, but our goal scoring ability is a worry.

Nugent needs to become more clinical for us and this will take the pressure off Vardy, who I believe in time will be capable of 15-20 at this level.

In the meantime I would be looking to bring someone in on loan. We have a tough month ahead of us and after how we've got ourselves in this position we don't want to give it up.

I'm not sure whose available, it seems Cameron Jerome is more likely than Kenwyne Jones and i'm not sure if he'd make the difference. Vellios from Everton has always impressed me, but is unproven at this level. I'd take Wickham if available, he's not prolific but his style of play would suit us in my opinion and would give us added height which we badly lack.

Archived