Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Vs Forest Player Ratings

From TV

Schmeichel - 8 - Difficult to judge, never really had much to do except pick the ball out the net, punched & kicked well though

RDL- 7 - Steady at the back, good attacking threat too, screwed up Knocky's good opportunity by coming inside not outside though

Morgan - 9 - Legend, usual.

Whitbread - 4 - Bad decision cost us a penno against, limp & soft coming out to close down their opener

Schlupp - 8 - Great at the back, made one poor forwards tackle but rest of the game managed it comfortably, great attacking threat.

Knocky - 7 - tricky threat, made some frustrating poor choices but skill showed to create our second

King - 8 - Mopped up the back, set the ball in motion going forward, limited their ability to get in the game well

Drinkwater - 7 - Steady, their midfield really didn't get into the game

Dyer - 9 - MotM All our good play came through him, constant threat.

Nuge - 8 - Never game them a second, unbelievable goal

Waghorn - 7 - Would be MotM if he'd bagged one, unbelievable performance but he needs to get on the scoresheet to round it off.

Lingard - N/a - looked good in our attacks, played good ball over

Marshall - N/a - Not going for him at all

NP - Juggled the pack well, unsure of choosing Whitbread over Moore though, but everyone was flying other than that, did a real job on a passing team that usual dominate possession.

Refs - Soft but givable penno against... missed the handball that could have seen us win 3-2

From TV:

Kasper - 7, did what he had to do well

RDL - 7, solid game, good going forward

Morgan - 8, rock

Whitbread - 5, did ok, suspect at times

Schlupp - 8, though he was superb at left-back, going forward, defending and especially cover on the break

Knockaert - 7, class chip for our goal, always looked a threat, sometimes wasteful and always looks for the killer ball

King - 6, didn't do anything badly but just went missing a bit

Drinkwater - 6, same as above

Dyer - 8, constant threat, good goal, always looked superb

Nugent - 8, hard working, good play and great goal

Waghorn - 8, terrific all round play and movement, some poor finishing

Lingard - 7, looked promising but sometimes picked the wrong option

Marshall - 7, good crossing from corners, average apart from that

NP - 8, good team choice and subs, bonus points for incident with Waghorn

From TV:

Kasper - 7, Played well

RDL - 7, solid game,

Morgan - 8, Beast

Whitbread - 5, Dives in a bit to much

Schlupp - 8, Great game, Should be a left back

Knockaert - 6, Great assist for the goal, but when he should have passed he shoots and when he should shoot he passes

King - 6, didn't do anything badly but just went missing a bit

Drinkwater - 6, Went missing like King

Dyer - 8, constant threat, good goal, always looked superb

Nugent - 7, - ran the line well, scored a

beauty

Waghorn - 7, played very well, he needs a goal!

Lingard - 7, looked promising but sometimes picked the wrong option

Marshall - 7, good crossing from corners, average apart from that

NP - 8,

From TV

Schmeichel - 8 - Difficult to judge, never really had much to do except pick the ball out the net, punched & kicked well though

RDL- 7 - Steady at the back, good attacking threat too, screwed up Knocky's good opportunity by coming inside not outside though

Whitbread - 4 - Bad decision cost us a penno against, limp & soft coming out to close down their opener

Schlupp - 8 - Great at the back, made one poor forwards tackle but rest of the game managed it comfortably, great attacking threat.

Knocky - 7 - tricky threat, made some frustrating poor choices but skill showed to create our second

King - 8 - Mopped up the back, set the ball in motion going forward, limited their ability to get in the game well

Waghorn - 7 - Would be MotM if he'd bagged one, unbelievable performance but he needs to get on the scoresheet to round it off.

NP - Juggled the pack well, unsure of choosing Whitbread over Moore though, but everyone was flying other than that, did a real job on a passing team that usual dominate possession.

Refs - Soft but givable penno against... missed the handball that could have seen us win 3-2

Lingard was on for 35 minutes. That you have rated him "n/a" says it all.

From TV

Was at the game and I'd say this was about bang on. Maybe Schlupp with a 7 as in my view he was caught in-field for their first goal and that left us completely exposed but he still had a good game otherwise.

I'd give Lingard and Marshall 6's.

Kasper 6 - little to do

Rdl 6 - did enough but nothing spectacular

Schlupp 7 - looks good at left back

Morgan 8 - just absolute class.

Whitbread 4 - the bloke is a clown. Penalty or not, why he decided to go to ground rather than stand his man up was one if the most stupid things I've seen, especially where he was.

Dyer 7 - positive, always caused them a problem.

Knocky 7 - sometimes too predictable but got a lovely assist.

King 6 - gave the ball away a fair bit, quiet game but put some hard work in.

Drinkwater 7 - got stuck in and found the right passes.

Waghorn 7 - he's playing so well, just needs a goal.

Nuge 7 - lovely lobbed goal, missed him when he went off.

Kasper 6 - little to do

Rdl 6 - did enough but nothing spectacular

Schlupp 7 - looks good at left back

Morgan 8 - just absolute class.

Whitbread 4 - the bloke is a clown. Penalty or not, why he decided to go to ground rather than stand his man up was one if the most stupid things I've seen, especially where he was.

Dyer 7 - positive, always caused them a problem.

Knocky 7 - sometimes too predictable but got a lovely assist.

King 6 - gave the ball away a fair bit, quiet game but put some hard work in.

Drinkwater 7 - got stuck in and found the right passes.

Waghorn 7 - he's playing so well, just needs a goal.

Nuge 7 - lovely lobbed goal, missed him when he went off.

Agree with this. Subs were both poor.

From the game.

Kasper - 6. Quiet, below par distribution.

RDL - 7. Rarely troubled, lacked his usual sharpness going forward. Solid though.

Morgan - 7. Reasonable enough.

Whitbread - 6. Bit dodgy, really not convinced. Want to like him but he really needs a touch of form.

Schlupp - 8. Probably my man of the match, to be honest. Deserves to keep that spot.

Knockaert - 6.5. Big fan and the assist for Nugent was, in my opinion, even better than his goals the other day, goal of the season so far. Otherwise off the pace, though.

King - 6. Back to the Andy King that divides opinion, largely anonymous. Has played better lately.

Drinkwater - 6. Needed to take more control of the game though much better than Palace.

Dyer - 7. Bit better with his end product today and worked well with Jeff down the flank.

Nugent - 7.5. Fantastic goal, some mixed decision making at times but looked a little sharper again today. Sad to see him go off.

Waghorn - 6.5. Credit where it's due, he was superb for the first goal. Strong, fitter, sharper and much improved in his all round game. Absolutely shocking as an actual striker, though, should have won it for us several times.

Lingard - 6.5 Signs of quality, linked up play well and keeps the ball moving. Probably not the ideal time to make your debut, though.

Marshall - 6. Average.

Kasper 6 - Didn't have much to do.

RDL - 7 looked good.

Schlupp 7 - almost an 8 but made a few mistakes

Whitbread 1 - Useless, would probably be better with 10 men. Second needless penalty given away.

Morgan 7 - Solid as usual

Dyer 7 - Effective

Knockaert 7 - Has that quality ball.

King 6 - Mediocre

Drinkwater 7 - No big mistakes this week.

Waghorn 6 - Holds the ball up well but couldn't score in a brothel.

Nuge 8 - Looked a goal threat when on the ball, great finish for the second.

Subs:

Lingard 6 - Showed flashes of potential

Marshall 5 - Looked tired

Kasper- 7. Solid from corners and set pieces, didn't have a lot to do

Wes - 9. Faultless as usual. Hercules!

Whitbread- 6. Not sure we can blame him for going to ground- was gonna get turned by Sharp if he didn't (is my first opinion having seen it live, not seen replay)

Schlupp - 7. Solid and decent going forward

De Laet - 7. Solid, like him a lot

King - 7. Tidy performance again

Drinky -7. Better from him after an average few games

Knockaert -6. Frustrating but excellent touch of class for the goal

Nuge- 7. Missed him after he'd gone off

Waghorn- 6. Great first half, poor second. Cannot finish and I'm unsure as to why he's getting so much credit. Worked hard

Dyer- 8. He's having a good season.

Kingy and Drinky bossed the midfield today, no idea where the 6's came from? Schlupp impressive at left back, Waggy just needs a goal. Decent performance overall and unlucky not to win

Exactly! Forest never really had a kick the whole game and they're normally a passing possession side

I must say im suprised by some reactions to whitbread....

I know people are dissapointed and everything... But the guy made a fair, clean tackle and i dont think its wrong for him to have faith in the referees that they'll make a good call when he goes for the ball. The alternatives are that we get defenders too scared to tackle ... Even their manager said it wasnt a penalty....

From the stands:

Schmeichel - 7 - Did nothing wrong really

RDL- 7 - Decent game

Morgan - 9 - Faultless

Whitbread - 3 - I wouldn't trust this bloke to hold my pint for me.

Schlupp - 8 - Seems to play really well at left-back. got forward well too. Well done

Knocky - 6 - Needed to pass more, but he did well getting the ball up

King - 7 - Fair game. A bit quiet though

Drinkwater - 7 - Thought he played well today, and got around the pitch a lot

Dyer - 8 - Destroyed players for pace. His shit cross got us a goal

Nugent - 8 - Quality goal. Good game

Waghorn - 6 - He was great everywhere else on the pitch. In front of goal, he was absolute shite.

Schmeichel - 7

De Laet - 8

Morgan - 8 - Solid, as usual.

Whitbread - 5 - Just don't rate him. Comes back into the side and we concede two goals, can't wait for Moore/St Ledger to get back in.

Schlupp - 7 - Decent.

Knockaert - 7

King - 6

Drinkwater - 6

Dyer - 7 - Faded again.

Nugent - 8

Waghorn - 7 - Worked hard but needs to start taking chances. Can't believe he controlled the ball 6yards out of goal.

Kasper - 6 - As has been said, he really didn't have much to do.

De Laet - 6 - Did alright, nothing spectacular.

Morgan - 7 - Solid as usual, not fazed by the fact it was Forest.

Whitbread - 6 - I thought he did quite well in general to be honest, haven't seen the penalty decision again, probably should have been a bit more cautious either way.

Schlupp - 7 - I've got to say he's done a great job when he's played at left-back, I always worry that out of position he's going to be the weak link, but actually he's not doing a bad job. Still think it's a shame things didn't work out with Kennedy though.

Knockaert - 6 - Undecided, beautiful ball for the second goal, but over complicates things at times and wasn't at his best.

King - 6 - Barely noticed him.

Drinkwater - 7 - Some nice little passes, but nothing incredible.

Dyer - 7 - Caused problems with his pace as he always does, thought he played well.

Waghorn - 7 - Performed brilliantly, but the ball wouldn't go in the back of the net. I think some have been harsh (I know, I would think that), but his work rate got us the first goal, he has one cleared off the line and a great save from Camp to deny him. Needs a bit of luck and to calm down a little when he gets the chances. Great challenge on Pearson, went straight for his dodgy knees.

Nugent - 7 - Great finish, didn't think he was any better than Waggy overall, but he got the goal which is all that will be remembered. Clearly we weren't as good when he went off, feel like maybe we'd have been better off putting Moore on and letting Jeff go upfront so that we had two proper strikers up top, but I guess it's easy to say that with hindsight.

Subs - 6 - Offered Little.

Amazed by the scores for Waghorn!

Don't get me wrong I like the kid but I was at the match and the amount of chances he had was a joke. He is a striker, who cares if he works hard, is strong on the ball blah, blah, blah? His only job is to score, which he fails to do. If we want to even think about being promoted this season then we need more options up front, because at the minute all we have is Nugent, Vardy and Waghorn (Pearson will never play Futacs even though today Forest had 3 lanky as fook defenders that we constantly tried to hoof the ball to Waghorn who was swamped / Schlupp is never favoured up front).

Kasper 6 - Didn't have much to do.

RDL - 7

Schlupp 8 - So confident on the ball and played well in his secondary position - joint MOM with Dyer.

Whitbread 6 - Played ok, won most of his headers - it was never a penalty

Morgan 7.5 - Consistently strong.

Dyer 8 - Always looked a threat and worked well tracking back - Joint MOM with Jeff

Knockaert 5.5 - Did very little, shouldn't be starting with his current form.

King 6 - Quiet for a lot of the game

Drinkwater 7

Waghorn 5 - Good work rate but who cares if he can't score and was our only striker on the pitch for 35 mins

Nuge 7 - Absolutely no goal threat when he went off.

Subs:

Lingard 5.5 - Looked lost and out of his depth but to be fair he hasn't had much time with the squad

Marshall 5.5 - Meh

I thought we played well and definately deserved the victory, Dyer was fantastic in the first half and everytime he got the ball throughout he seemed hungry to have a go and get a shot in, definately my MOTM. I felt that the first forest goal was terrible from a defensive point of view. Schlupp went to meet his man and had Cox running in behind him, which Whitbread, who was on that side, did nothing to react to. Either King or DD should have been tracking the scorers run also, but if Whitbread was more alert the cross could have been prevented in the first place. The penalty was rediculous, why a player would go through the back of the man he is marking, inside his own box is beyond me. I would consider Moore next week instead of Whitbread, 2 penalties and a sending off in his previous 4 games must surely be ringing some alarm bells! Waggy, he hustled and bustled today,looked strong against their defence, but he literally has zero confidence. I just wish he would hit the ball first time when it comes to him in the box

Amazed by the scores for Waghorn!

Don't get me wrong I like the kid but I was at the match and the amount of chances he had was a joke. He is a striker, who cares if he works hard, is strong on the ball blah, blah, blah? His only job is to score, which he fails to do. If we want to even think about being promoted this season then we need more options up front, because at the minute all we have is Nugent, Vardy and Waghorn (Pearson will never play Futacs even though today Forest had 3 lanky as fook defenders that we constantly tried to hoof the ball to Waghorn who was swamped / Schlupp is never favoured up front).

Waghorn 5 - Good work rate but who cares if he can't score and was our only striker on the pitch for 35 mins

He didn't have that many, one of them he should have buried, but to be fair he almost squeezed it in, the poor touch and the header were the only others that I recall. He set up Dyer's goal and his all round play was the best on the park for me. His strike partner got a goal, it's not like neither are scoring.

Archived