Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Vs Forest Player Ratings

I'd give Waghorn 9, if he wasn't a striker because his all round play was very good, but the bottom line, just like Vardy, is he's there to score goals - he's now had 4 or 5 starts a not hit the net yet, if this were Beckford some fans would screaming that he's rubbish. Whilst I admire his excellent work rate, I'd rather have a lazy fooker, like Yakubu, who knew where the net was.

Usually first on here but been out till 5.30 anyway...

Schmeichel 6 - Hardly had anything to do apart from picking the ball out his net

De Laet 7 - Did his job to perfection, comfortable performance

Whitbread 5 - Thought he did well first half, but second half he was shocking

Morgan 7 - Lead by example, solid again and got us out of trouble a few times

Schlupp 8 - Absolutely brilliant, great makeshift left back

Knockaert 5 - Great assist, but apart from that he was woeful

Drinkwater 6 - Did well in parts, but then the Drinkwater of old started to creep in

King 6 - Couldn't get himself into the game which was a shame

Dyer 8 - Very good performance, him and Schlupp combined really well

Waghorn 8 - Thought he was excellent, but he should of scored

Nugent 7 - Very good goal, worked hard up until his injury

Subs -

Marshall 6 - Did nothing

Lingard 6 - Looked pretty good, good passing and touches

Schmeichel 7 - Kicking decent enough. Had very little else to do.

De Laet 7 - Loves a powerful, straight-line, head-down, touchline-hugging run.

Morgan 7.5 - Good, as ever.

Whitbread 5.5 - Wins a lot in the air but I'm not sure he has any idea where he's heading it. Never a penalty in a million years, but that wasn't the first time that he had been turned easily.

Schlupp 7 - Looked like a Championship left back.

Knockaert 6 - Lost the ball a lot, and wasted some good opportunities to shoot in the first half. Would have scored a lot lower if it wasn't for his outrageous ball through for Nugent's goal. I don't really mind him losing it a lot if he is going to come up with stuff like that. There's about 3 players in this division who would have even considered that pass. Also demands the ball all the time, which is exactly what I want to see from blue shirts.

King 6 - The worst game I've seen from him this season, but still did a lot of positive bits and pieces.

Drinkwater 7 - Looked a lot better than in recent games and was the main reason for our first half dominance.\

Dyer 7.5 - Much more direct today, linked up well with Schlupp.

Waghorn 7 - Worked very hard, and his and Nugent's pressing throughout was impressive. Contribution in setting up the first goal was excellent, winning a ball he had no right to win, getting it under control and distributing it to the onrushing Dyer. I'm not his biggest fan, but centre forwards come in all shapes and sizes, and today he did a lot for the team regardless of the many chances he squandered.

Nugent 7 - We looked a lot worse when he went off. Great finish.

subs:

Lingard 4 - Just didn't look like he wanted the ball.

Marshall 4 - A shadow of the player he looked at the end of last season, and in flashes at the start of this season.

Kasper- 7. Solid from corners and set pieces, didn't have a lot to do

Wes - 9. Faultless as usual. Hercules!

Whitbread- 6. Not sure we can blame him for going to ground- was gonna get turned by Sharp if he didn't (is my first opinion having seen it live, not seen replay)

Schlupp - 7. Solid and decent going forward

De Laet - 7. Solid, like him a lot

King - 7. Tidy performance again

Drinky -7. Better from him after an average few games

Knockaert -6. Frustrating but excellent touch of class for the goal

Nuge- 7. Missed him after he'd gone off

Waghorn- 6. Great first half, poor second. Cannot finish and I'm unsure as to why he's getting so much credit. Worked hard

Dyer- 8. He's having a good season.

Agree with all that.

I don't know why everyone else seems to be slagging off Whitbread - he didn't have a great game, but he was OK. It never was a penalty (I thought it was a decent challenge - and all this criticism of him, "going to ground", is all a bit stupid - defenders need to do that sometimes !)

Was at the game and I'd say this was about bang on. Maybe Schlupp with a 7 as in my view he was caught in-field for their first goal and that left us completely exposed but he still had a good game otherwise.

I'd give Lingard and Marshall 6's.

It wasn't Schlupp's fault on the first goal. Whitbread came charging out to challenge a player he was never going to get to, completely taking himself out the game and leaving a huge hole behind him. He left Schlupp with two players to cover and he couldn't do both. If he goes to challenge the player with ball he leaves the runner with acres of space, if he tracks the runner he leave the man with the ball a huge amount of time and space to pick a cross.

Schmeichel 7- Didn't trouble him much apart from the goals

De Laet 7 - Was alright nothing speical

Whitbread 3- Clumsy again for me, miss St Ledger

Morgan 7- Reasonable good game

Schlupp 6- Some great attacking movement from him but I'm not convinced with his defending

Knockaert 5 - Was good first half dreadful second.

Drinkwater 4- Had a quiet game to be fair

King 5- Didn't see enough of him, had a quiet game

Dyer 8 - Had a brilliant game

Waghorn 5 - Attacking movement great, shooting poor

Nugent 9- It went down hill once he went off

Subs -

Marshall 3 - Did nothing

Lingard 3- Wrong game to bring him on

He didn't have that many, one of them he should have buried, but to be fair he almost squeezed it in, the poor touch and the header were the only others that I recall. He set up Dyer's goal and his all round play was the best on the park for me. His strike partner got a goal, it's not like neither are scoring.

Well I'm sorry those are the only ones you can recall because in the second half alone there were at least 5 or 6 chances he should have buried, not to mention the number of times he should have taken a shot himself and passed instead, probably due to the fact he knows himself he finds it hard to score.

The bottom line is having him as our only striker on the field when he hasn't scored in how long is baffling.

Kasper 7 - Not to blame for the goals, dealt with the long throw well.

De Laet - 6 Wasn't as good as he can be.

Morgan - 9 Just a beast, best signing since returning from League 1.

Whitbread - 3 Made one well timed tackle all game and gave away a penalty because of it. Just wasn't his day.

Schlupp - 7 Would have been 8 if it wasn't for the first goal.

Dyer - 7 Game of two halves, first half he was unplayable. Second he faded.

Drinkwater - 8 Return to form coincided with him playing well.

King - 6 fairly anonymous throughout but did alright.

Knockaert - 8 Incredible scoop for Nugent's goal. Can't wait to see it on FLS.

Nugent - 8 Supremely well taken goal. Linked up with Waggy realy well.

Waghorn - 8 Would have been 9/10 if he'd taken his chances.

Drinkwater - 8 Return to form coincided with him playing well.

Knockaert - 8 Incredible scoop for Nugent's goal. Can't wait to see it on FLS.

Have you been drinking?

Knockaert more than Dyer and Schlupp and an 8 as well, flaming hell :o

Drinkwater as well, yes he was alright in parts but definitely doesn't deserve a high rating like that.

For all the people saying Waggy worked really hard. Yes he did. Exactly the sort of player you want in a team.

It's also worth noting however that he had a particularly heavy touch on at least 3 occasions which stalled opportunities to carve out a good chance.

I'd give him a 6.5 (6 + .5 for his role in the first goal)

Kasper - 6 Didn't have much to do. Not to blame for the goals. Made some impressive kicks, but too frequently they went beyond all our players.

De Laet - 6 only time I really noticed him being pivotal was when he pulled the defenders towards Knocky ruining a good opportunity.

Morgan - 8 Nuff said.

Whitbread - 6 Unfortunate with the pen and made the wrong movements at times, but otherwise a useful enough presence (contrary to what many seem to think)

Schlupp - 8 Played so well today - rarely put a foot wrong.

King - 7 Not the attacking force he can be, but was always doing his job in defence.

Drinky - 8 The most consistently decent midfielder we had today.

Knocky -7 Would be an 8 if he was a bit wiser with his forays around and into the box. Great setup for Nuge.

Dyer - 7 Lucky with the goal and made a lot of useful forward movement.

Waggy - 6.5 See above

Nuge - 9 We were unplayable when he was on the pitch. Beauty of a goal too.

Subs:

Both 6 - didn't really have any effect on our game.

For all the people saying Waggy worked really hard. Yes he did. Exactly the sort of player you want in a team.

It's also worth noting however that he had a particularly heavy touch on at least 3 occasions which stalled opportunities to carve out a good chance.

I'd give him a 6.5 (6 + .5 for his role in the first goal)

Kasper - 6 Didn't have much to do. Not to blame for the goals. Made some impressive kicks, but too frequently they went beyond all our players.

De Laet - 6 only time I really noticed him being pivotal was when he pulled the defenders towards Knocky ruining a good opportunity.

Morgan - 8 Nuff said.

Whitbread - 6 Unfortunate with the pen and made the wrong movements at times, but otherwise a useful enough presence (contrary to what many seem to think)

Schlupp - 8 Played so well today - rarely put a foot wrong.

King - 7 Not the attacking force he can be, but was always doing his job in defence.

Drinky - 8 The most consistently decent midfielder we had today.

Knocky -7 Would be an 8 if he was a bit wiser with his forays around and into the box. Great setup for Nuge.

Dyer - 7 Lucky with the goal and made a lot of useful forward movement.

Waggy - 6.5 See above

Nuge - 9 We were unplayable when he was on the pitch. Beauty of a goal too.

Subs:

Both 6 - didn't really have any effect on our game.

I know it's your opinion but I think that there is really no way that Nugent was as superior to Waghorn as you state, if at all.

Schmeical - 5 Didn't have too much to do. Flapped a couple of times though one good punch. Marking him down due to his inccescent hoofing it up in the air to two smallish strikers who were nearly always beaten to the ball by taller defenders. All round poor distribution.

DeLaet - 7 Thought he had a decent solid game.

Morgan - 7 Solid as usual, leads by example.

Schlupp - 8 Bearing in mind he was out of position and showed a bit of defensive nievety on a couple of occasions, thought he played extremely well. Think it's time to give him a chance next to Nugent where he'll be a handful.

Knockhardt - 6 Whilst at first he showed some much wanted flair when he first came, there are time when the simple or more fruitful pass should be made. Appeared to be listening to his own publicity too much at times. Needed to be taken off when he was as he wasn't offering much any more.

King - 6 Nothing much of note, went missing for most of the game as is his usual want. Has been much better this season but not today.

Drinkwater - 6 Really like Drinkwater but like most of our midfield today for me, ineffective and a bit lightweight.

Dyer - 9 My motm. Ran his legs off from start to finish and caused huge problems for the opposition. Sometimes gets a kicking for his final ball but nearly always causes the opposition problems leaving chances for other players elsewhere.

Nugent - 7 Sorely missed when he went off, as always, gave of his best and another goal.

Waghorn - 7 Feel really really really sorry for this lad as I thought he had an excellent game apart from not scoring, wherein lies the problem. His shot cleared off the line was demonstrative of a player lacking confidence i.e. tried too hard to make sure instead of hitting it first time. Whether he should be persisted with should be left to Pearson who I personally trust to make the right decision as he knows and sees him every day.

Marshall - 5 Don't know what's up with him this term but I'm sure he'll turn it round.

Lingard - 6 First game, difficult situation coming on with a flimsy midfield. Showed imo, good vision and touch and will bloom. Cleverley too looked lightweight at times at his age and look how he's come on. Was crying out for height i.e. Futacs instead of either Lingard or Marshall.

I know I'll perhaps get slated re a couple of comments but hey, I'm not wrong and nor are you, its all about how we see it ourselves.

Schmeical - 5 Didn't have too much to do. Flapped a couple of times though one good punch. Marking him down due to his inccescent hoofing it up in the air to two smallish strikers who were nearly always beaten to the ball by taller defenders. All round poor distribution.

DeLaet - 7 Thought he had a decent solid game.

Morgan - 7 Solid as usual, leads by example.

Schlupp - 8 Bearing in mind he was out of position and showed a bit of defensive nievety on a couple of occasions, thought he played extremely well. Think it's time to give him a chance next to Nugent where he'll be a handful.

Knockhardt - 6 Whilst at first he showed some much wanted flair when he first came, there are time when the simple or more fruitful pass should be made. Appeared to be listening to his own publicity too much at times. Needed to be taken off when he was as he wasn't offering much any more.

King - 6 Nothing much of note, went missing for most of the game as is his usual want. Has been much better this season but not today.

Drinkwater - 6 Really like Drinkwater but like most of our midfield today for me, ineffective and a bit lightweight.

Dyer - 9 My motm. Ran his legs off from start to finish and caused huge problems for the opposition. Sometimes gets a kicking for his final ball but nearly always causes the opposition problems leaving chances for other players elsewhere.

Nugent - 7 Sorely missed when he went off, as always, gave of his best and another goal.

Waghorn - 7 Feel really really really sorry for this lad as I thought he had an excellent game apart from not scoring, wherein lies the problem. His shot cleared off the line was demonstrative of a player lacking confidence i.e. tried too hard to make sure instead of hitting it first time. Whether he should be persisted with should be left to Pearson who I personally trust to make the right decision as he knows and sees him every day.

Marshall - 5 Don't know what's up with him this term but I'm sure he'll turn it round.

Lingard - 6 First game, difficult situation coming on with a flimsy midfield. Showed imo, good vision and touch and will bloom. Cleverley too looked lightweight at times at his age and look how he's come on. Was crying out for height i.e. Futacs instead of either Lingard or Marshall.

I know I'll perhaps get slated re a couple of comments but hey, I'm not wrong and nor are you, its all about how we see it ourselves.

Did Whitbread not play or...

Kasper 7 Nothing really to do

RDL 6

Morgan 7

Whitbread 4 Looks like the defender version of David James. Always has one stupid mistake or decision in hm which is going to be costly

Schlupp 7

Knocky 6 Apart from the assist overall thought he was average at best

DD 6

King 5 Too quiet

Dyer 7

Nugent 7

Waghorn 7 But really should have scored

Marshall 4

Lingard 5

Schmeichel 7 - Didn't have too much to do really

De Laet 7 - Strong and competitive

Morgan 8 - Solid, as usual

Whitbread 7 - Won plenty of headers, always worries me though. Shouldn't have been a penalty but should know better than to dive around like that

Schlupp 8 - More than adequate stand in left-back, attacking threat too

Knockaert 7 - Gave away possession too much but got a sensational assist

Drinkwater 6 - Seems to be lacking his usual composure

King 7 - Generally good workhorse performance

Dyer 8 - A genuine attacking threat

Nugent 7 - We missed him when he went off

Waghorn 7 - Worked like mad, should have scored (and perhaps did)

Lingard 4 - Offered bugger all

Marshall 6 - Didn't get into it really

Schmeichel 7 - Didn't have too much to do really

De Laet 7 - Strong and competitive

Morgan 8 - Solid, as usual

Whitbread 7 - Won plenty of headers, always worries me though. Shouldn't have been a penalty but should know better than to dive around like that

Schlupp 8 - More than adequate stand in left-back, attacking threat too

Knockaert 7 - Gave away possession too much but got a sensational assist

Drinkwater 6 - Seems to be lacking his usual composure

King 7 - Generally good workhorse performance

Dyer 8 - A genuine attacking threat

Nugent 7 - We missed him when he went off

Waghorn 7 - Worked like mad, should have scored (and perhaps did)

Lingard 4 - Offered bugger all

Marshall 6 - Didn't get into it really

No.

From the stands

Kasper 7 - Nothing to do all game. Distribution ok

RDL 7 - Looked good today in defence and attack. Although he was marking a tellytubby.

Morgan 9 - Forest miss him, we're lucky to have him. I really dont like us using the Sol Bamba chant for him though. He's 10 times the player so deserves a chant 10 times better.

Zak 7 - I'm in the minority but I thought he played well today. If it was Morgan that made the tackle that resulted in the penalty there would be nobody saying it was a peno on here.

Schlupp 8 - Looks like he's played left back forever. Best left back performance i've seen for ages.

Knocky 7 - Decision making is awful but you accept that for the moments of brilliance that he'll inevitably provide.

King 7 - Played well and was quietly effective. Was always in the space Forest were trying to move into.

Drinky 8 - Thought he was excellent. Despite being outnumbered controlled the midfield.

Dyer 7 - Superb. Would have been an 8 but lost his man for the first goal leaving Schlupp isolated.

Nugent 8 - Great finish. Missed his workrate when he went off.

Waghorn 8 - So impressive and but for a worldy of a save from Camp would have scored. On another day could have had a couple but would definitely start him ahead of Vardy on that performance.

Subs:-

Marshall 5 - So low in confidence its untrue. Really feel for him and hope the crowd dont turn on him.

Lingard 2 - He must have takent but saw none of it today. Also i've seen more meat on a raccoon. Looked like a child.

I know it's your opinion but I think that there is really no way that Nugent was as superior to Waghorn as you state, if at all.

Well it's no coincidence that his departure coincided with us losing the threat level we were presenting until that point.

Did you see that goal? Waggy is not on the sort of form to put something like that away. But you're right my opinion and your opinion. ;)

Well it's no coincidence that his departure coincided with us losing the threat level we were presenting until that point.

Did you see that goal? Waggy is not on the sort of form to put something like that away. But you're right my opinion and your opinion. ;)

I think Nugent performed very well, especially the goal, but IMO so did Waggy, and there wasn't THAT much of a gulf in class between them today, I actually think that Waghorn's all round play was superb. I know strikers need to be scoring goals, but if any points difference between them to day I wouldn't put it at more than 1.

I think Nugent performed very well, especially the goal, but IMO so did Waggy, and there wasn't THAT much of a gulf in class between them today, I actually think that Waghorn's all round play was superb. I know strikers need to be scoring goals, but if any points difference between them to day I wouldn't put it at more than 1.

So you reckon Waggy was an 8 today, or that I gave Nuge too much? I'd be willing to up his score to a 7, but I still think he made some poor, costly touches whereas his good moments ultimately amounted to nothing (bar for the 1st goal).

So you reckon Waggy was an 8 today, or that I gave Nuge too much? I'd be willing to up his score to a 7, but I still think he made some poor, costly touches whereas his good moments ultimately amounted to nothing (bar for the 1st goal).

His good moments amounted to nothing apart from one of the two goals we scored. Well same could be said about Nugent, Knockaert or Dyer. The rest were even worse, none of their good moments amounted to anything. Pleb.

His good moments amounted to nothing apart from one of the two goals we scored. Well same could be said about Nugent, Knockaert or Dyer. The rest were even worse, none of their good moments amounted to anything. Pleb.

Sssh. I make light hearted fun of you in one thread, you get your knickers in a twist and try to insult me in another. Get back to your studies, you have a lot to learn.

In response to your point, I thought his poor moments were more common today than for those other players I gave higher ratings to. That said I then conceded that maybe I'd been a bit harsh and have upped him to a 7 - the same as Knocky and Dyer. I still maintain Nuge was a superior force.

Happy?

Archived