Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

What has happened to the Atmosphere at the King Power?

I know what you mean but why when Leeds bring a load and start singing do our fans just give up instead of showing a bit of pride and try to outsing them? If you ask me there's a load of people in there now who just don't care that much.

As I've been saying, I don't think there's the same people in L and K as their used to be. Our support has hit rock bottom (in the modern era anyway).

Hello, dear PAH :wave: , I will use the words of...

snapback.pngpromised land, who, on 08 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Nothing personnel but I have noticed that a lot of your match posts are written as though you haven't attended.

ie. It sounded like, we sound like we etc.

If I haven't been to a game then I won't comment, criticise, moan about the atmosphere* because I wasn't there to contribute to* it.

You are going by Stringer and Youngs commentary for most of the games and making your own assumptions from them.

Maybe if you were a true fan and judging by your post count you have a lot to say you'd find the KP stadium once in a while.

I mean it was a fans fixture after all so cost can't be an excuse.

/* corrected/

If people are really interested in creating/improving the 'atmosphere' they should put their money where their mouth is. I truly despise this kind of hypocrites :thumbdown: !

All of you who are passionate about singing should collectively agree to sit in one area. That way you'll be able to recreate the old spion kop era and stop bemoaning the atmosphere at a game where the teams performance wasn't great. Stop moaning and do something about it.

We seem to have a large amount of fans who arent interested in singing, fans that dont stand in L1 who do want to sing simply don't because they think no-one around them will join in, I'm sure if we had one end where all the singers could go it would be miles better but that will never happen so this debate will go on forever no matter how good the team is.

You say it will never happen and with that attitude your are right, right now we have 3 singing sections which are all poor if we are honest... if someone with some brains actually got through to these people and got some leaflets produced and started handing them out over the course of this season things could happen, but without people willing to move or sing together then it will always be SHIT and stay the same. everyone that wants to sing should just buy a ticket in the family stand and show the club why that should be the 'kop'. (singing/standing section)

Always has been and always will be a shit atmosphere at this ground. Surprised we haven't got any cupholders installed to our seats yet.

Disagree, the atmosphere can be great. Man City at home in the Cup the other year the place was absolutely rocking. Brilliant atmosphere.

The atmosphere will only improve when we are in the prem ,crowds of 30,000 + pretty much all the time, good away followings: teams that haven't visited us say like in 10 years will now, the buzz of the prem will improve the atmosphere but for how long who knows.

The atmosphere will only improve when we are in the prem ,crowds of 30,000 + pretty much all the time, good away followings: teams that haven't visited us say like in 10 years will now, the buzz of the prem will improve the atmosphere but for how long who knows.

Even if we was in the Prem there would still be 3 singing sections all of which will be poor.

Disagree, the atmosphere can be great. Man City at home in the Cup the other year the place was absolutely rocking. Brilliant atmosphere.

It was good that day to be fair, but it just shows that we need a big occassion to make a little bit of atmosphere. We're not the only side though, as other have said, maybe Premiership football will liven the place up.

I had to go through a rendition of WYS with about 3 others yesterday, to which some other cvnts about my age started laughing at us?

They spent more time on their phones than they did watching the game and left 10 minutes before the end of each half.

Some chap behind me started 'Our support is ****ing shit' made me laugh lol

It was embarrassing to be out sung by about 50 Barnsley fans at the back though.

I don't think it's any one particular reason why the atmosphere isn't as good as it used to be. I started following City as a young girl back in the days of Brian Little and went regularly throughout the years until I moved to Leeds in 2001. I've been to the King Power quite a few times over the years, but compared to Filbert Street, the intensity and the atmosphere is just not as good at the KP. These are just a couple of my thoughts:

- tickets are expensive & people are priced out of going to games. As you get older, you become more aware of your responsibilities, so a choice between paying your bills/rent or going to a match is a no brainer really! Personally I don't get to go very often, because when you add on the cost of a train ticket to a match ticket, it completely prices me out. I should imagine that it's a similar case for many others - and I include people who live locally in that sentiment.

- the attitude of some of our fans appears to be different. What I mean by that is the "we should be beating [insert name of lower placed side]" mindset. Personally I don't expect us to have a divine right to 3 points and with the Championship being the dogfight it is, every game is different and fairly unpredictable. So to people who expect us to easily win every game, when we find ourselves in the position like we did yesterday, booing is the outcome. I actually believe that is counterproductive - the players will be aware of the crowd getting on their backs and this probably isn't conducive to correcting any unforced errors on the part of the players - leading the players to be more under pressure, and potentially make cock ups.

I don't really know the answer to all of this. I believe the atmosphere has a good chance of getting better if we get promoted, but I don't believe that it's nailed on that the atmosphere will just suddenly increase. A lot will depend on ticket prices, I feel!

I don't think it's any one particular reason why the atmosphere isn't as good as it used to be. I started following City as a young girl back in the days of Brian Little and went regularly throughout the years until I moved to Leeds in 2001. I've been to the King Power quite a few times over the years, but compared to Filbert Street, the intensity and the atmosphere is just not as good at the KP. These are just a couple of my thoughts:

- tickets are expensive & people are priced out of going to games. As you get older, you become more aware of your responsibilities, so a choice between paying your bills/rent or going to a match is a no brainer really! Personally I don't get to go very often, because when you add on the cost of a train ticket to a match ticket, it completely prices me out. I should imagine that it's a similar case for many others - and I include people who live locally in that sentiment.

- the attitude of some of our fans appears to be different. What I mean by that is the "we should be beating [insert name of lower placed side]" mindset. Personally I don't expect us to have a divine right to 3 points and with the Championship being the dogfight it is, every game is different and fairly unpredictable. So to people who expect us to easily win every game, when we find ourselves in the position like we did yesterday, booing is the outcome. I actually believe that is counterproductive - the players will be aware of the crowd getting on their backs and this probably isn't conducive to correcting any unforced errors on the part of the players - leading the players to be more under pressure, and potentially make cock ups.

I don't really know the answer to all of this. I believe the atmosphere has a good chance of getting better if we get promoted, but I don't believe that it's nailed on that the atmosphere will just suddenly increase. A lot will depend on ticket prices, I feel!

Great post. I think your right, £30 quid for Championship sides like Ipswich, Hull, Burnley and Palace and £35 quid for Wigan, Norwich, Sunderland, Everton, WBA etc. . . I dont see much change in atmosphere. Even when the likes of United, Liverpool, Chelsea come to town, there will be a full house and the atmosphere will be similar to that of the friendly against Real Madrid with too many obsessed with the likes of Rooney, Suarez and Balotelli rather than getting behind Leicester.

Yesterday was pathetic. The team clearly needed a lift from somewhere and we just sat there and mumbled, and groaned after every misplaced pass. Disgraceful. I thought when I sat down, shit! They've only bought 50 fans, I get L1 will have easy pickings with those. But there was just nothin.

To the back of the family stand; there were two older guys and about 30 odd kids, who started chanting blue army with about 20 minutes to go. People just stood up giving them dirty looks.

Hello, dear PAH :wave: , I will use the words of...

snapback.pngpromised land, who, on 08 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

/* corrected/

If people are really interested in creating/improving the 'atmosphere' they should put their money where their mouth is. I truly despise this kind of hypocrites :thumbdown: !

You don't even know me or have any idea how many Leicester games I've been to in the shittest period of our history, so stfu.

Maybe you should read the reply to that twattish comment:

I've not been much this season (though was a season ticket holder for 3 seasons before that) because it's depressing and shit. The amount of games I enjoyed last season I could count on one hand (and you could probably draw them from the several away games I went to as well).

Also, throwing a fans fixture at me every now and again because they realise their treatment of the fans has backfired on them, isn't going to tempt me back. Lo and behold the reports from people at the game are 'shit atmosphere' in keeping with the 3 games I've been to this season. So once again I think I made the right decision today.

I'm not quite sure what the prices were today but when you've got almost no money and Christmas presents to buy within the next couple of weeks, it doesn't seem wise to pay even £15 to stand with a load of bellends. Especially you know the people who have taken your money off you couldn't give two shits how unenjoyable you find it when you can see the atmosphere has been killed beyond repair.

I couldn't care less about this 'not a real fan label' becasue I don't go, I can safely say I've been to matches in the past couple of years when I've been the only City fan in earshot either (1 showing some vocal passion and at times 2) not booing certain players.

Regardless, I've not commented on individual performances or tactics today. Nor is that even relevant to the comment you quoted.

So, if you can explain to me in what way a draw at home to Barnsley is a good result, I'd like to hear it.

Hypocrite I think not. I've been perfectly honest about how I feel, the atmosphere is hopeless even though every time I go down I try to get it going.

No it won't, it'll be full of tossers who claimed they couldn't afford to go in tje championship but found the money to go in the premiership.

That and plastic man utd and chelsea fans sat in our end just so they can watch "their team"

Trust me there's nothing exciting about being in the premiership. Certainly not nowadays. The promotion season will be the most exciting part of being promoted.

The chase is more exciting thsn the event in other words

There's so much wrong with football when fans would sooner see us win the champios league than the fa cup.

Anyone with a brain cell should be able to see how downhill footballs heading. Its depressing for a mid 20s lad. It must be devestating for the older guard who knew football for what it was supposed to be like years ago.

The sanitisation of crowds, the importance of the matchday experience and the way the fa promote these is the killer for me. Ill never ever knock anyone for falling out of love with football

No it won't, it'll be full of tossers who claimed they couldn't afford to go in tje championship but found the money to go in the premiership.

That and plastic man utd and chelsea fans sat in our end just so they can watch "their team"

Trust me there's nothing exciting about being in the premiership. Certainly not nowadays. The promotion season will be the most exciting part of being promoted.

There's so much wrong with football when fans would soonee us win the champios league

Sad but true...

There's so much wrong with football when fans would sooner see us win the champios league than the fa cup.

Anyone with a brain cell should be able to see how downhill footballs heading. Its depressing for a mid 20s lad. It must be devestating for the older guard who knew football for what it was supposed to be like years ago.

The sanitisation of crowds, the importance of the matchday experience and the way the fa promote these is the killer for me. Ill never ever knock anyone for falling out of love with football

I did say in my OP Stu that my mate went down to watch West Ham defeat Chelsea last weekend. He said it was absolutely fantastic... Great atmosphere, VERY VERY loud, a great game of football and a home win.

Games are and can be this good in the Prem.

I did say in my OP Stu that my mate went down to watch West Ham defeat Chelsea last weekend. He said it was absolutely fantastic... Great atmosphere, VERY VERY loud, a great game of football and a home win.

Games are and can be this good in the Prem.

Not really talking about atmosphere mate though i realisethat's the point of your thread.

I find the whole idea of being a premiership club vastly underwhelming if im honest. Whats the point in it? possibly get to become the new stoke with a european tour, which would be fun admittedly. But i wouldnt give a toss about winning the uefa cup, less so the chimps league.

the first premiership seaaon may be ok, certain away games anyway. But to be outpriced week in week out will seriously isolate more fans than are currently isolated. We have enough moaners on hete on here when derby at home gets moved back 2hours for sky. Itll be worse and a lot more frequent in the premiership.

I want us to get promoted cos the promotion day itself would be one of the best days of my life, but i can imagine myself then not even renewing my season ticket for the prem season. If i did itd be to maintain my away priority.

Im a right miserable bastard on a sunday

So everyone on this thread complaining about what was an admittedly shit atmosphere,first half at least, will be at the burton game where it's cheap as fu** , a traditional Fa cup tie, and gives you the opportunity to stand together and actually CREATE an atmosphere ?

So many topics about atmosphere yet nobody ever does anything about it.

At least the fosse boys tried something for a period, shows the mindset of our fans though when they got no sympathy whatsoever when they were getting the run around by stewards and that chief nobhead.The amount of people around me taking the piss and giving them funny looks was shocking and totally against what being a supporter is all about. Shame they've virtually disbanded now. They had the right idea.

I love you ozwin.

Right probably upset a few now but stop ****ing moaning and get yourselves a ticket to the FA cup game and let's all stand together. Don't give me this I sit wirh xxx who doesn't like to sing, they can sit else where as only half the ground is open so people don't need to be in ther normal seats. It's inexpensive and te same price everywhere.

We have 16 of us at the top of block P2 numbers 103 to 106 on the back four rows already and we intend to sing. Get in there with us, expect to sing old songs and if you don't know them you have a month to learn the words. Stop moaning on a ****ing keyboard and do something about it.

You might gather from this yesterday's atmosphere pissed me off a bit.

Right probably upset a few now but stop ****ing moaning and get yourselves a ticket to the FA cup game and let's all stand together. Don't give me this I sit wirh xxx who doesn't like to sing, they can sit else where as only half the ground is open so people don't need to be in ther normal seats. It's inexpensive and te same price everywhere.

We have 16 of us at the top of block P2 numbers 103 to 106 on the back four rows already and we intend to sing. Get in there with us, expect to sing old songs and if you don't know them you have a month to learn the words. Stop moaning on a ****ing keyboard and do something about it.

You might gather from this yesterday's atmosphere pissed me off a bit.

Want to find that clap icon but cant on my phone!

I have to admit I'd enjoy the away games in the Premiership, on the rare occasions I could afford them.

Away from home, our support is usually decent and I think that would continue in the Premiership.

I'm really not that bothered about home games now if I'm honest. Expensive, too family orientated and too many moaners. The club could do a lot worse than listen to what is being said by Lisa at the FCC and start thinking about how to engage fans when they're between childhood and parenthood, because they're doing very little for the young, single male at the moment. Like it or not, it's the young single males who tend to create the bulk of the atmosphere.

Failure to engage them could prove costly, the last thing the club needs is for these people to fall out of love with LCFC completely and then lose them when they become parents. Ticking time bomb comes to mind. I understand that families bring in more money than lads like myself, but for a truly inclusive atmosphere everyone should be accommodated and that isn't happening. It isn't just Leicester City, it's a general malaise throughout football.

As much as I dislike Stoke, and by god I do, their support in the first couple of years at the Britannia Stadium made Stoke a difficult place to visit. They were dire on the road but nobody wanted to play them at their own place because they were a tough team playing in front of an intimidatingly loud stadium. Their home form kept them up in those days. I want the KP to be like that. Fair enough I don't want Stoke's style of rugby football here but loud, vocal support against the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal? You bet I do. Anyone who went to the Britannia during the days of them being an average Championship side and saw 15,000 rattling around in there will realise that wasn't always the case.

Therefore if we are looking to get promoted and stay in the Premiership, we need to think about how we can create that kind of atmosphere. We're doing well at home now with 26 points from 33, but we are going to need everything in our favour when promoted.

Archived