Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Lindgard not Futacs? Insane

Have to agree, lindgard and james are the worse two Man United players we've had and i don't regard drinkwater either. Let's not forget we played some great stuff today and were definitely playing against a team on the way to the premiership!

Why do most of our fans seem to think that Futacs is the answer to all of our problems?

I don't think he is the answer to 'our problems', but there is no doubt he should have come on today. The style in which we were playing all/most of the game was direct. Kasper - one of his long stupid goal kicks - we can't hold it up. Defence - clear the ball - we can't hold it up.

Nugent, Waghorn, Vardy all played today. They are not strikers that can hold the ball up, or win headers. A target man is the answer. Our only target man is Futacs. To not bring him on was a decision I didn't understand either.

Has to be one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen.

By the time of the substitutions, the midfield had broken down and the ball was getting hit long to the halfway line, and long into the box at every oppurtunity. Predictably, the Cardiff defence were dealing easily with it, being 6 inches taller than Nugent/Waghorn.

So what does Pearson do? Bring on the big man who will hold it up, knock it down to our strikers and be a threat as set pieces?

No, let's bring on a tiny, weak midfielder who hasn't done anything of note in 3 or 4 sub appearances.

Well done Nigel. Well ****ing done.

This is fair. I don't get it. Baffling. Vardy was totally useless, we looked better, and then...Dyer for Lingaard??! Ridiculous.

Is this serious??? Did anyone see the two Cardiff centre half's? Hudson would have had a field day against Fuctas! I have heard some Crap on here but this is just ridiculous. You clearly have the football knowledge of a 5 year old if you think Fuctas would have had any impact out there!

The very same that couldnt cope with steve howard and put one in his own net?

Futacs really would have had zero impact if he came on. Like some have said, the Cardiff centre backs were too big and well organised for high balls to trouble them. I think the smarter move would have been to bring James on. Cardiff flooded that central area meaning King and DD had no space to play so the natural thing is to start hitting long. James would have evened up the numbers in there and we perhaps could have got Marshall and Waghorn involved in more advanced areas.

I'm a big Pearson fan but those subs killed the game. We were well in it and on top but a soon as Lingard came on, we basically stopped playing. I'm sure he has some qualities that we're not seeing as SAF has rated him highly, but right now, I cant even see potential in the lad. His physical frame alone is baffling. Skinny is an understatement and his touch doest really seem that great. Add that to the fact he doesnt seem to have any tricks or skills, variable passing ability, pace or desire, why he's even on loan here i'm yet to see.

I'm hoping he starts against Hull, runs the game and spanks in a 30 yarder guiding us to victory but in reality, all i'm sensing is another defeat and NP gone before January.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

😭

I don't actually remember Futacs winning many headers against Barnsley.

This is problem when someone is not in the team & we lose. People not in the team automatically become better & people think they'll solve all our problems based on.... well, nothing factual.

I actually thought Lindgard did well when he came on, he kept the ball well and started some moves.

I agree with this. He was the only central midfielder at least trying to give the defence an option to pass along the ground. DD and Kingy rarely gave that option hence the long balls to two strikers who never lost their markers.

Futacs really would have had zero impact if he came on. Like some have said, the Cardiff centre backs were too big and well organised for high balls to trouble them. I think the smarter move would have been to bring James on. Cardiff flooded that central area meaning King and DD had no space to play so the natural thing is to start hitting long. James would have evened up the numbers in there and we perhaps could have got Marshall and Waghorn involved in more advanced areas.

I'm a big Pearson fan but those subs killed the game. We were well in it and on top but a soon as Lingard came on, we basically stopped playing. I'm sure he has some qualities that we're not seeing as SAF has rated him highly, but right now, I cant even see potential in the lad. His physical frame alone is baffling. Skinny is an understatement and his touch doest really seem that great. Add that to the fact he doesnt seem to have any tricks or skills, variable passing ability, pace or desire, why he's even on loan here i'm yet to see.

I'm hoping he starts against Hull, runs the game and spanks in a 30 yarder guiding us to victory but in reality, all i'm sensing is another defeat and NP gone before January.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

😭

Well you clearly didnt go to Millwall, the best part of his game was when the ball was at his feet. He made some good runs, great turns and his link up play was outstanding. He was the only player in the Millwall game who offered anything, just because he is tall doesnt mean you have to play it in the air, its just an added option.

Is this serious??? Did anyone see the two Cardiff centre half's? Hudson would have had a field day against Fuctas! I have heard some Crap on here but this is just ridiculous. You clearly have the football knowledge of a 5 year old if you think Fuctas would have had any impact out there!

And you clearly have the football knowledge of a 6 month old if you thought Lingard would have made any impact out there.

Everyone was talking about this on Sat and it was a stupid choice but has anyone thought that Sir Alex has said to Pearson you can have him but he needs to get game time? He's not going to loan him out if he's not going to play.

Oh yes just what we need Ferguson dictating what players WE should play. :D

Well you clearly didnt go to Millwall, the best part of his game was when the ball was at his feet. He made some good runs, great turns and his link up play was outstanding. He was the only player in the Millwall game who offered anything, just because he is tall doesnt mean you have to play it in the air, its just an added option.

Agree- I was at Millwall and was impressed with his touch and skill. Thought he worried their defence with his size but strangley didn't see him win as many headers as I'd expected him to - unless it was because the service to him was poor!

Archived