Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Twitter Links

News on the grapevine in Australia is Heskey wants a return to the prem and is looking at the top three Championship teams with a preference to Leicester. What a player if we get him!

He had his chance and he chose to remain a bit part player at Villa.

I don't know what he would add these days apart from a blast of nostalgia.

I think we'll look to extend Keane's loan til the end of the season, then that might be it.

Lets not forget we can still make emergency loans if we get into trouble with injuries or suspensions further down the track.

Pearson wont sign players for players sake, and wont get into a bidding war. The more Jan rolls on, the chances of getting a good player at a good price becomes less and less.

Let's not overestimate the standard of competition in the last 3 games.

But in all due respect, that is why we needed him.

Much of last season, and parts of this (barnsley at home for example) we have struggled to put lesser teams away, but now with a potential goalscorer we can hopefully do that on a regular basis, just like the Barnsley and Huddersfield games.

We have gained more points against bottom half teams than any other team in the league.

Against the top half teams we have only got 17 points... that's 14 less than Cardiff, 5 less than Boro, 3 less than Hull, Watford, Blackpool and 2 less than Millwall and Palace.

We have gained more points against bottom half teams than any other team in the league.

Against the top half teams we have only got 17 points... that's 14 less than Cardiff, 5 less than Boro, 3 less than Hull, Watford, Blackpool and 2 less than Millwall and Palace.

Interesting stat. The opposite to last year.

Beating the bottom sides gives us a good base to build on. I think we can do better than we have done against the top sides, so I am not that worried by this yet.

Lets see how we get on in these next two home games. I think if we can win both of those we can then start to feel more confident about gaining a top 2 finish.

This is why Wood is crucial for the rest of the season. The reason we have struggled against the top teams is that we've not been good at taking our chances when the pressure is on or chasing games when we fall a goal behind, these things happen against better teams. Wood will ease that pressure as he's clinical and the confidence is growing. I still think we need to win the next 7 out of 10 to put ourselves in the hunt for an automatic spot.

This is why Wood is crucial for the rest of the season. The reason we have struggled against the top teams is that we've not been good at taking our chances when the pressure is on or chasing games when we fall a goal behind, these things happen against better teams. Wood will ease that pressure as he's clinical and the confidence is growing. I still think we need to win the next 7 out of 10 to put ourselves in the hunt for an automatic spot.

We will see how good woods his on friday against boro

To be honest we dominated Cardiff last game around so we have the potential, and now we have Wood who currently seems to be the answer to our previous goal to shot ratio problem, so things are looking good.

I just hope that the expectation doesn't get overwhelming on the young shoulders of Wood.

Wood hasn't scored against a side in the top 6 this year, to change out fortunes he and we need to do better against those teams. Friday is huge.

Wood hasn't scored against a side in the top 6 this year, to change out fortunes he and we need to do better against those teams. Friday is huge.

Not like you to pile the pressure on, and put unnecessary expectations on the lad. If he doesn't score, it's no biggie. I'm sure he'll be fully committed.

Archived