Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Twitter Links

Not like you to pile the pressure on, and put unnecessary expectations on the lad. If he doesn't score, it's no biggie. I'm sure he'll be fully committed.

Even if he doesn't score they will fear him. This means more space for other players to take their chances

Step up Knocky, Nuge, King (insert player name here)

If he sin't scoring he's taking at least one extra player out of the game

Really Really stupid, even if you don't like football (assou-ekotto at tottenham) surely you realise that with the wage you earn you could play for 10-15 years, retire and live a life of luxury.

Silly really.

If he is earning 50k a week all through his man city career up until 2014, then it looks to me like 1. He is already leading a life of luxury and 2. that he could probably afford to do so for the rest of his life if he wanted to and if he was smart with his money.

If he is earning 50k a week all through his man city career up until 2014, then it looks to me like 1. He is already leading a life of luxury and 2. that he could probably afford to do so for the rest of his life if he wanted to and if he was smart with his money.

Do you really have to be careful when your earning 2mil a year? I really dont get how footballers get in so much money trouble. All you'd need to do is put half a years wages away and your sorted for life financially. I'm gonna be working for the next 40 years to get to that point!

They are young men earning loads of money & have a large amount of free time. Very easy to get into gambling etc especially on away trips when there's nothing to do.

That doesn't make it OK though. Are you telling me they don't gat access to a financial advisor alongside all of their other advisors?

i think its totally stupid to get into that situation. If i came out with 40 grand a week id like to think i could put 39K away in the bank and still live a bloody great lifestyle! And all this about going on away trips and getting bored what absolute rubbish! No sympathy for the guy

i think its totally stupid to get into that situation. If i came out with 40 grand a week id like to think i could put 39K away in the bank and still live a bloody great lifestyle! And all this about going on away trips and getting bored what absolute rubbish! No sympathy for the guy

It's a minor and pedantic point, but £40k a week is presumably pre-tax, so you'd be very fortunate to be putting £39k in the bank.

I do appreciate your point though, live off the £1k or £2k a week and save/invest whatever remains.

Why I his financial state coming in to it? It's just about him being a fat bastard I'm sure he is set for cash. Sounds like he turned to the bottle after his injury and has found it too hard to put it back down

Why I his financial state coming in to it? It's just about him being a fat bastard I'm sure he is set for cash. Sounds like he turned to the bottle after his injury and has found it too hard to put it back down

Who is putting pressure on him?

Words Babs. Words such as 'Friday is HUGE'.

Huge for what/who? Michael Johnson?

Building an expectation that if we fail to smash or even just win against a strong 'Boro side it will be the make and break of Woods rep. If you put a smiley on your words, I'd be inclined to believe you were kidding.

Words Babs. Words such as 'Friday is HUGE'.

Huge for what/who? Michael Johnson?

Building an expectation that if we fail to smash or even just win against a strong 'Boro side it will be the make and break of Woods rep. If you put a smiley on your words, I'd be inclined to believe you were kidding.

Huge in terms of is getting automatic promotion, if we are serious about it the game is a huge test. I'm not suggesting it's in any way huge for Woods reputation, that's just ridiculous.

I also rather doubt any of them are reading the twitter thread of you are worried about the poor darlings.

Huge in terms of is getting automatic promotion, if we are serious about it the game is a huge test. I'm not suggesting it's in any way huge for Woods reputation, that's just ridiculous.

I also rather doubt any of them are reading the twitter thread of you are worried about the poor darlings.

No I'm doubtful they are either. I'm worried about those others who read the thread and assume it's make or break or get that idea in their heads.

You were referring directly to both Woods and and the team in hugeness for the game, and his lack of scoring against the top 6.

I'm just saying that it's not huge. We played exceptionally well against a tough Hull side, and Cardiff side, and the only thing missing was a little better accuracy in front of the goal.

I am doubtful we'll get smashed by Boro, and I doubt we'll smash them. It'll be a tight affair, but not indicative of our progress nor our final position come the end of the season.

It's important we take the 3 points, but I wouldn't put it in the huge bracket. I'm saving my 'huge' tokens for the last 6-7 weeks of the season. :thumbup:

No I'm doubtful they are either. I'm worried about those others who read the thread and assume it's make or break or get that idea in their heads.

You were referring directly to both Woods and and the team in hugeness for the game, and his lack of scoring against the top 6.

I'm just saying that it's not huge. We played exceptionally well against a tough Hull side, and Cardiff side, and the only thing missing was a little better accuracy in front of the goal.

I am doubtful we'll get smashed by Boro, and I doubt we'll smash them. It'll be a tight affair, but not indicative of our progress nor our final position come the end of the season.

It's important we take the 3 points, but I wouldn't put it in the huge bracket. I'm saving my 'huge' tokens for the last 6-7 weeks of the season. :thumbup:

Firstly I never said it was make or break, I said it was a huge game. If I think it's a big game then I think it's a big game, if you don't then fine. But why you feel the need to correct something purely based in opinion I don't know. I never said "make or break", "must win" or anything else similar.

Secondly, why are you telling me what I was saying? I know what I was saying because I said it. I said he and we need to do better against top six teams. Then there was a full stop and I expressed my opinion on it being a big game. I in no way suggested or insinuated that one game would damage his reputation, you dreamt that up.

Lastly, if some idiot thinks I'm suggesting it's make or break because I happen to suggest it's a big game, and they then somehow transfer that to the players, and them somehow thinks woods reputation is in tatters because he didn't score... Then that's the bloody idiots fault for not interpreting something quite clear correctly.

Archived