Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Team To face Burton?

Myself I think we should test and try new things for this squad

4-3-3 Formation

In goal: Logan (Give kasper a rest)

Defence: Moore (RB), Morgan (CB), Keane (CB), Schlupp (LB)

Midfield: Dyer (RW), James (CM), Marshall (LW)

Upfront: Nugent, Futacs & Wood

BENCH:

Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Gallagher, Waghorn & King.

We'll leave Knocky out to have a rest

Normally I would like us to play our first team and let them gel and win together ...... but our first team is now so much better than the alternatives from the bench I'd make wholesale changes for this game and give the first team a rest for the league games. No point in risking promotion for a cup run now. Keep them wrapped in cotton wool.

I'd go with:

Logan

Moore Morgan Keane Schlupp

Gallagher James King Dyer

Waghorn Wood

Subs: Schmeichel, De Laet, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Nugent, Futacs, Danns.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd start Gallagher, here's his chance, take it or leave it. Give Moore and Schlupp shots at full back, both are just as capable as De Laet and Konch imo. Give Drinkwater a break and bring in King. Leave Marshall out altogether to recover from his knock and give Nugent a rest too.

That side should do the business.

Myself I think we should test and try new things for this squad

4-3-3 Formation

In goal: Logan (Give kasper a rest)

Defence: Moore (RB), Morgan (CB), Keane (CB), Schlupp (LB)

Midfield: Dyer (RW), James (CM), Marshall (LW)

Upfront: Nugent, Futacs & Wood

BENCH:

Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Gallagher, Waghorn & King.

We'll leave Knocky out to have a rest

If you're gonna play 4-3-3 you need to have three CM's really - if Marshall and Dyer get forward, that formation would turn into a 4-1-5 and James would struggle to control the midfield at all, he'd be overrun. If Marshall and Dyer don't get forward and attack, what's the point in playing them? Would be much better with DD and King.

One of the more interesting team selections of the season. I fancy Futacs and Waggy up top. Schlupp at LB. And I would rest KS and DD and AK. A properly motivated weaker side IS good enough. But we all know what might happen if they're not up for it ... as Burton will be.

I'd put out a strong team and tell the lads to give these chumps a bloody good hiding. That defeat against them was a real low point this season and you can bet the fans, the players and the manager will still be smarting. Let's lay some ghosts to rest.

I agree. I wanted us to play a strong team the last time and look how that turned out. If we haven't learned our lesson from that we are asking for trouble. I'd only make one or two changes, three at most.

Same as yesterday for me the team needs to get another game in before our next League game .Do we want to be humiliated again ? No lets stick 10 past them Shooting practice for the lads ;)

And if Nugent, Knockaert and Wood get crocked by a clumsy challenge??

And if Nugent, Knockaert and Wood get crocked by a clumsy challenge??

This was the excuse last time. So instead we get knocked out of the cup, and Pearson nearly ends up getting sacked. I'll risk the injury if we can avoid all of that again thanks.

Kasper

Moore

Keane

Whitbread - If fit.

Schlupp

Gallagher - Think gally should start , and try to silence his critics once and for all :dry:

James

King - He too needs a good game as drinky and james are looking quite brilliant atm.

Dyer

Waghorn

Futacs - Maybe we finnally get too see the potential of this guy other than when he comes on for his 10 minute cameos.

Should win comfortably , id go with 5-0

I'd be amazed if he plays ressies. Anything but a convincing win will be serious embarrassment after the League Cup.

Plus, it's a good opportunity to build momentum and let the side grow. Maybe rest Knocky and Nugent who do a lot of running but otherwise keep it the same.

If Vardy's fit I'd play him to give him a chance to build confidence against a weaker side but Wood is a must for game time and settling in.

Archived