Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Team To face Burton?

Why do people want to muck around with the formation? If we play our 442 high tempo, attacking game like we did on Saturday we will absolutely annihilate this lot. If I was Pearson, I'd be playing them the DVD of the match earlier in the season and showing them the post match thread on here - that'll get them up for it!

If it was up to me I'd play the stiffs.

Promotion is our goal, cup Football is a risky flirt with fatigue or even worse injury.

Winning = confidence though, we need it especially for a promotion push.

At the end of the day as nice as a cup run is, we are never going to win the FA Cup this season. Our main priority has o be the league, so I would rest a few older players and give others a go

Schemichael

De Laet

Moore

Keane

Schluup

King

Danns

James

Knockaert

Fuctas

Waghorn

Logan, Gallagher, Morgan, Wood, Drinkwater, Wellens, Dyer

The line up should beat Burton nothing like playing someone with a point to prove in these banana skin games and if we lose the embarrassment lasts a week or two then we focus on finishing top 2!

Personally I would love us to play our strongest side (yesterday's) and beat them 10-0. I really thought we would have a good run in the League Cup this season, and it pissed me off that we blew it so early.

Bitter? Me?

F***it: yes.

Team for Burton based on FT this last few days:-

Logan

Moore

Baptiste

SSL (he's now become that good since he disappeared that he can simply will injuries to heal)

Schlupp

Falque

Trotter

Powell (due to the sheer volume of posts in his thread, we've negotiated with P'Boro for his release for cup games)

Dyer Dorrans , now !

Austin

And Thierry blooming Henry in a Pear Tree !!!!!!!!!!!

And if Nugent, Knockaert and Wood get crocked by a clumsy challenge??

Fair enough - it's a concern for sure. But you run the risk of physical injuries in any competitive game you play. Unless you're playing Barcelona. Only psychological damage on offer there.

I'd love us to thrash Burton to make amends for the League Cup, so if I'd get to be NP for the day I'd rest Nuge (and maybe give Wood one half - start him and see how we go) as we have plenty of decent firepower upfront. Other than that, I'd go with a strong team as I don't see a decent cup run being a threat to our promotion hopes.

We went to QF last year and that run had nothing to do with us not making the play offs. We didn't lose any of the the league games we played directly after Norwich and Chelsea (http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/results_fixtures/2011_2012/leicester_city/index.shtml) so you could even argue that testing yourself against PL opposition gives players a bit of a boost. Or maybe that's not the case - hard to say whether it has any affect at all. The fact that we didn't go on losing streaks around those "big games", however, seems to suggest that playing a few extra games is no disastrous thing.

Still, I do take your point about injuries but I think it's one of those things you have to take a risk on in any game you play any way. Why do people drive cars when it's feken dangerous to do so? With 1,901 killed and 23,122 seriously injured in accidents in 2011, somebody has their life ruined in an accident every 21 minutes.

* Just read what I wrote before posting and realise that traffic thing is a bit random. But I'll leave it in. Food for thought, like.

If it was up to me I'd play the stiffs.

Promotion is our goal, cup Football is a risky flirt with fatigue or even worse injury.

Having sat through the League Cup disgrace, I don't want a repeat.

Let's keep the winning run going.

No chance I can bare another loss against these lot, play a full-ish strength side... hopefully have a decent cup run again this year.

Wouldn't rest more than 2 or 3 key men (Nugent, Drinkwater), where there's adequate cover in Futacs, Waghorn, King... yes they may get injured, but they have just as much chance getting injured in this match than they do in any other- if it happens, it happens...

It's not just staying injury free its ensuring the likes of Schluup, King, Moore and Waghorn stay match fit while they are out of contention so when a league game comes around and they are called on it doesn't take them a week or two to get up to pace

GK: Schmeichel

RB: Moore

CB: Keane

CB: Whitbread

LB: Schlupp

RM: Gallagher

CM: King

CM: James

LM: Dyer

ST: Waghorn

ST: Futacs

Subs: Logan, Morgan, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Marshall (if fit), Vardy, Nugent

I'd give De Laet, Knocky and Wood a rest.

GK: Schmeichel

RB: Moore

CB: Keane

CB: Whitbread

LB: Schlupp

RM: Gallagher

CM: King

CM: James

LM: Dyer

ST: Waghorn

ST: Futacs

Subs: Logan, Morgan, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Marshall (if fit), Vardy, Nugent

I'd give De Laet, Knocky and Wood a rest.

Not being funny, but is Wood not one of the least requiring of a rest?

Archived