Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Team To face Burton?

I'd definitely start Schmeichel, none of this rest bollocks for a goalkeeper who's done not a lot this season.

Schmeichel

Moore

Morgan

Keane

Schlupp

Vardy

King

James

Dyer

Futacs

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, De Laet, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Wood, Nugent and Panayiotou.

Team should do the business. Hopefully they'll be fired up from last time.

Assuming all are fit and no injury/fatigue concerns, considering the next game is a week after I would bring in some of the young fringe players like Moore and Schlupp, they will be needed again this season and deserve to play in these such games, and don't really weaken the team.

At CB I would bring in Whitbread, if over his knock to bring him back up to match fitness, otherwise Keane and Morgan, the more time a CB partnership play together the better.

In the centre I would play King and James, give them a chance to play together improve the understanding and as I said in the James thread, I would love for James King and Drinkwater to be interchangeable and be able to play as a any combination of 2 or as a 3.

If Marshall is fit I would play him wide right as a game like this could see him score and bring his confidence back up, Knocky wide left, Nugent and Wood up front, like CBs forwards improve by playing together and as these 2 look like number one pairing, at least at home, then I would give them another 60 minutes together.

If winning comfortably around the 60 minute mark, I would bring on Drinkwater to play as a midfield 3 and Futacs up top, with Waghorn and Marshall playing off him in a front 3.

Fringe players for me. They would win this game 9/10 times, unfortunately when we played before it was that 1 time

Fringe players for me. They would win this game 9/10 times, unfortunately when we played before it was that 1 time

Pearson may not want to cup tie some of the fringe players if they are likely to be leaving. It'll be interesting to see who he does pick.

Good point about fringe players, will be interesting to see if the likes of Gally and Futacs are included and what that says about their future at the club.

Can't see him changing it all around. We beat Huddersfield and Burton lost at York, but they've already beat us before and Nige won't want that happening again. I'd like to see a cup run as well. The fringer players might get a run, but I can't see anything massive like Logan for Kasper.

Gallagher - Think gally should start , and try to silence his critics once and for all :dry:

He did that against Cardiff last season, but dropped off again like he always does due to lack of consistency.

The team I've picked is strong enough to beat Burton, the key is to score early and deflate Burton's confidence. The plan is this, all out attack! Our defence must stay where they are leave the midfield and forwards to do the attacking, Three upfront anyone agree?

Logan? Pearson wont chance this game like in the capital one cup. Think he will put out his strongest side.

Where are people choosing to sit for this?

Normally sitting in B2, I'm used to central seats.

Rang up today, left it abit late I know, was told all but the padded seats in the centre were taken. It was buy tickets to sit in them seats or the corners.

So I booked the central padded seats for an extra £5. :D

Kasper

Moore

Keane

Morgan

Konch

Marshall

James

King

Schlupp

Waghorn

Futacs

Think its vital that Schlupp is given a chance up top or on the wing as we've seen that he's capable of doing a job at full back and I think he has a lot more to offer in an advanced position

Normally sitting in B2, I'm used to central seats.

Rang up today, left it abit late I know, was told all but the padded seats in the centre were taken. It was buy tickets to sit in them seats or the corners.

So I booked the central padded seats for an extra £5. :D

Can't believe only two stands are open, the whole ground should be open after the display yesterday you would have thought a few more might fancy this game now.

City (4-4-2): Schmeichel ©; De Laet, St. Ledger, Whitbread, Konchesky; Gallagher (Futacs 56), Danns, James, Knockaert (King 73); Waghorn, Schlupp (Nugent 65)

That was our team back in August. To anybody saying 'don't play fringe players, we seen what happened last time...' : This was Whitbread and St Ledgers first matches back and was a decision that backfired as both were severely unfit. This was also Gallagher's last match for a long time for us and that was for a reason. Danns was terrible and lacking match practice. Waghorn was terrible too.

If we start fringe players such as Moore, Schlupp, Waghorn, Futacs this time around we know that they will perform to a much greater standard than those who performed so poorly last time.

Can't see him changing it all around. We beat Huddersfield and Burton lost at York, but they've already beat us before and Nige won't want that happening again. I'd like to see a cup run as well. The fringer players might get a run, but I can't see anything massive like Logan for Kasper.

He did that against Cardiff last season, but dropped off again like he always does due to lack of consistency.

I agree but I think if he scores on saturday and has a good performance we wont be hearing any of them boos again.

But it is Leicester fans , dont really know what to expect.

Archived