Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Team To face Burton?

Keane's loan deal has finished, and so far it hasn't been extended, apparently we want him for longer, doubt Fergie would want him cup tied either way.

Danns' loan doesn't end until 8th of Jan, and I doubt he will still be here come end of Jan.

Ohhh well Moore at CB then & De Laet at right back! & Danns has returned according to his twitter?

Schmeichel

De Laet Moore Whitbread Schlupp

Marshall (if fit) King © James Dyer

Vardy (let him have a go at them) Futacs/Wood (probably Wood with Futacs off the bench)

Bench: Morgan (rested), Konchesky, Wood/Futacs, Waghorn, Gallagher/Danns (to give them a chance)

Can't believe how many people are willing to play Schlupp at left back. Completely out of position.

Yea he's showed he can fill in there and did remarkably well but it's not his position and I don't think we should get used to him plying there, nor should he. I'd like to see him start up front with Wood.

I picked Schlupp at left back as I think he has a lot of potential to be top class there. Kind of an Ashley Cole in the making (remember what he was like 10+ years ago?). I'd rather develop him as a left back and be as good as I think he can be that be a mediocre striker (no offence)

Pearson will be pumped up to win this match, but look at their stats. In the league they've scored 9 away goals, and lost 7 out of 13 away games.

There should, all being well, be no problems.

Well, that's my point - there shouldn't have been any problems last time either.

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 De Laet
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 06 Whitbread
  • 12 St Ledger
  • 08 Danns
  • 16 James
  • 17 Gallagher (Futacs - 56' )
  • 24 Knockaert (King - 73' )
  • 14 Waghorn
  • 18 Schlupp (Nugent - 65' )

That was the lineup from that match - not a million miles away from what we have now. There's no doubt that that side should have comprehensively beaten Burton and we need to make sure whatever side we put out this time is professional enough and focussed enough to do the job properly this time.

Looks like Gallagher might start this one! I suppose that's not the end of the world, a decent performance and it puts him in the shop window or it boosts his motivation and we might get something out of him if needs be?

I'd like to see Marshall deployed behind the strikers tomorrow, a role he's very good at and I think he'd take them to pieces, likewise Knockaert but I think he'll be rested.

Well, that's my point - there shouldn't have been any problems last time either.

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 De Laet
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 06 Whitbread
  • 12 St Ledger
  • 08 Danns
  • 16 James
  • 14 Waghorn

That was the lineup from that match - not a million miles away from what we have now. There's no doubt that that side should have comprehensively beaten Burton and we need to make sure whatever side we put out this time is professional enough and focussed enough to do the job properly this time.

I know, but that was Whitbread's first game, Waghorn was woefully out of form (unlike now), Danns and Gallagher had hardly featured and when had Schlupp previously played up front?

Now, we have Waghorn in form, a choice of strikers in Wood, Vardy and Nugent, Moore or Keane to play at the back, James in a run of good performances or King ready to prove himself.

The focus will be there.

• 01 Schmeichel
  • 02 De Laet
  • 03 Konchesky
  • 06 Whitbread
  • 12 St Ledger
  • 08 Danns
  • 16 James
  • 14 Waghorn

They certainly let us down before and it was somewhat embarrassing getting beaten at home as well... I hope they are looking for sweet revenge and just go out and blow them off the park like they should have done before.

Logan - needs a game

Moore - game time

Morgan

Keane - to get used to playing with Wes

Schlupp - give Konchesky a break, he's getting on a bit.

Gallagher

King

James - keep the momentum going with his development

Marshall - needs games to regain sharpness (if unfit, Dyer, give Knockaert a break)

Wood - keep momentum going.

Waghorn - to regain his pre-op form

If I was manager I would see this game as an opportunity to keep people sharp and include people more than a chance to progress in the FA Cup. To be honest, I don't really care about the FA Cup this year. There is only one prize worth playing for.

We can win the FA Cup once we are in the Premier League.

Logan - needs a game

Moore - game time

Morgan

Keane - to get used to playing with Wes

Schlupp - give Konchesky a break, he's getting on a bit.

Gallagher

King

James - keep the momentum going with his development

Marshall - needs games to regain sharpness (if unfit, Dyer, give Knockaert a break)

Wood - keep momentum going.

Waghorn - to regain his pre-op form

If I was manager I would see this game as an opportunity to keep people sharp and include people more than a chance to progress in the FA Cup. To be honest, I don't really care about the FA Cup this year. There is only one prize worth playing for.

We can win the FA Cup once we are in the Premier League.

No Knockaert? Do you know something we don't?! Is it 80% completed now?

Archived