Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Shakespeare praises Paul Gallagher's attitude

"his day" is infrequent therefore not good enough for a team who want promotion.

So, you read "his day" which were the 6th and 7th words and then didn't bother with the 10 words that followed. Too much for you?

Not really, he's always had the ability, when he plays well he can win a game on his own. The problem with him has always been application and consistency. If he's sorted himself out and is prepared to work as hard as the rest of the squad, i'm perfectly happy with having him on the bench

I already said pretty much the same thing, but it seems people don't understand the difference between talent and the application of it.

Ok, here's one for you - does it worry you? If so, why?

No I'm not bothered because Pearson knows better than me.

I would be interested in knowing when Gallaghers contract expires though because i think it will be interesting to see if he gets another at this club. this may also provide some insight as to whether he is back in the mix now because Pearson rates him or simply because his loan period ended and we are paying the wages so why not use him.

This is Matt Oakley all over again. Let me remind those with a short memory what happened...

Matt Oakley was a great member of the squad in our L1 season, and remained solid for a while after promotion. His form dipped, and fans started getting on his back. But one thing he was was an excellent influence on the other players, hence why he was club captain. His 2 year goal drought didn't exactly help, but he was always making a good team contribution. Perhaps the most unorthodox being his blocking of the ball with his back which allowed Waghorn to score a last-minute winner against Bristol City. Naturally, he didn't get credit where credit was due.

Of course, he then went and scored two screamers in as many games, against Palace and Forest respectively, and suddenly everyone was bumming him. When he left last summer, people were back to thanking him for all he had done for the club's cause.

It's not even like Oakley is the only example. King is, according to a noisy number of fans, shite unless he's scoring - despite his role being that of a move starter (personally, I think we're lucky to have one who also scores goals, and even in this, a season where he's been in and out of the team, he has 4 league goals to his name). People were hailing Matty James when he netted against Torquay on the first day of the season, then when he hit a lull (again, because of that playmaker role - he is essentially a carbon copy of King) he was public enemy number one. Fortunately, he seems to have won the fans back with some brilliant attacking performances, but the point remains that he was doing fine, anyway.

I'd also mention Wellens in this same category, but everyone knows it's all his fault. :ph34r:

But the point remains - Gallagher scores goals, and when he does, he's everyone's best mate. When he goes more than one game without doing so, people ignore his playmaking, which is excellent, and assume that, because he's not as fast as Duracell Dyer, he's lazy and deserves a shite-ton of hate from the same toe-rags that wanted his babies two games ago. It's sadly representative of the walnut-sized brains of a number of our fans.

This is Matt Oakley all over again. Let me remind those with a short memory what happened...

Matt Oakley was a great member of the squad in our L1 season, and remained solid for a while after promotion. His form dipped, and fans started getting on his back. But one thing he was was an excellent influence on the other players, hence why he was club captain. His 2 year goal drought didn't exactly help, but he was always making a good team contribution. Perhaps the most unorthodox being his blocking of the ball with his back which allowed Waghorn to score a last-minute winner against Bristol City. Naturally, he didn't get credit where credit was due.

Of course, he then went and scored two screamers in as many games, against Palace and Forest respectively, and suddenly everyone was bumming him. When he left last summer, people were back to thanking him for all he had done for the club's cause.

It's not even like Oakley is the only example. King is, according to a noisy number of fans, shite unless he's scoring - despite his role being that of a move starter (personally, I think we're lucky to have one who also scores goals, and even in this, a season where he's been in and out of the team, he has 4 league goals to his name). People were hailing Matty James when he netted against Torquay on the first day of the season, then when he hit a lull (again, because of that playmaker role - he is essentially a carbon copy of King) he was public enemy number one. Fortunately, he seems to have won the fans back with some brilliant attacking performances, but the point remains that he was doing fine, anyway.

I'd also mention Wellens in this same category, but everyone knows it's all his fault. :ph34r:

But the point remains - Gallagher scores goals, and when he does, he's everyone's best mate. When he goes more than one game without doing so, people ignore his playmaking, which is excellent, and assume that, because he's not as fast as Duracell Dyer, he's lazy and deserves a shite-ton of hate from the same toe-rags that wanted his babies two games ago. It's sadly representative of the walnut-sized brains of a number of our fans.

Great post.

People really are moronic. He has scored ten goals in the last two seasons in what was not a great team and as a bit part player at times. To suggest he is not good enough as a squad player shows a real lack of footballing knowledge. What has happened to our fans. I am actually ashamed. Good luck Paul, we are not all idiots.

X

At the end of the day, 'people' are idiots.

It's simple - He's a Leicester player so support him. He is very frustrating at times, mainly because we have seen what he is capable of but booing and jeering won't help anyone. I went to 'that game' against Burton and so many of the starting 11 performed poorly but a lot has changed since then. Give the guy a break, just think back a couple of years ago, we'd have loved a squad player like him!

Gallagher's quite a strange case, in that he's never really done anything to warrant being booed onto the pitch and he's inoffensive. His biggest crime is probably not being very good in away games, and going on Twitter.

He's good enough for the squad, can pull out a belting goal now and then and is a fine penalty-taker (and we get plenty of those!) but not good enough to start ahead of Marshall, Knockaert or Dyer.

But good on him for getting his head down and working his way back into contention without shouting the odds in the press.

Gallagher's quite a strange case, in that he's never really done anything to warrant being booed onto the pitch and he's inoffensive. His biggest crime is probably not being very good in away games, and going on Twitter.

He's good enough for the squad, can pull out a belting goal now and then and is a fine penalty-taker (and we get plenty of those!) but not good enough to start ahead of Marshall, Knockaert or Dyer.

But good on him for getting his head down and working his way back into contention without shouting the odds in the press.

Having realised he's on a good contract here.

Fair play to him for trying to win his place back, but I still don't think he should be in the starting eleven, if we are serious about going up.

But I would never boo the guy while he's wearing a Leicester shirt, anyone that's boos him ain't a real supporter.

He won't be in the starting eleven, against Burton he might be but not for League games, he will be a bit part player and I'm happy with that..

Archived