Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Brizzle - City player ratings ?

Kasper 7

Rdl 7

Morgan 7

Keane 7

Konchesky 7 All had nothing to do first half and dealt with minimal efforts second half

Knockaert 6 hope he's not badly injured

James 8

DD7

Marshall 7

Nugent 7 Quiet but worked hard

Wood 9. Keeper helped him out for at least two of the goals though!

Dyer 4 I know we won but he was actually awful

Gallagher 5

Waghorn 5

Kasper 6 - Easy day.

RDL 7 - Got well forward and did his bit at the back.

Konch 7 - Pretty similar to RDL really.

Morgan 8 - Commanding.

Keane 8 - Won everything in the air. Gonna be a class act.

Knockaert 6 - Gave them a torrid time even with his short stint.

Marshall 7 - Played well, very busy always looked to create.

James 8 - Another solid performance, fully deserved his goal, pick of the bunch.

Drinkwater 7 - Solid and tidy. Kept things ticking.

Wood 9 - Hat-trick, always looked dangerous.

Nugent 7 - Didn't seem like it was his day. Nothing seemed to run for him but he worked hard and created openings.

Dyer 6 - Wasn't great, end product was terrible, Sunday league.

Waghorn 6 - Hard to play well when wee took the foot off the gas.

Gally 6 - Work rate seems to have come from nowhere, great to bring on when we need to keep things tight.

Kasper 6 - Easy day.

RDL 7 - Got well forward and did his bit at the back.

Konch 7 - Pretty similar to RDL really.

Morgan 8 - Commanding.

Keane 8 - Won everything in the air. Gonna be a class act.

Knockaert 6 - Gave them a torrid time even with his short stint.

Marshall 7 - Played well, very busy always looked to create.

James 8 - Another solid performance, fully deserved his goal, pick of the bunch.

Drinkwater 7 - Solid and tidy. Kept things ticking.

Wood 9 - Hat-trick, always looked dangerous.

Nugent 7 - Didn't seem like it was his day. Nothing seemed to run for him but he worked hard and created openings.

Dyer 6 - Wasn't great, end product was terrible, Sunday league.

Waghorn 6 - Hard to play well when wee took the foot off the gas.

Gally 6 - Work rate seems to have come from nowhere, great to bring on when we need to keep things tight.

THIS

With the exception of Dyer who no way deserves a 6. 4 at the most. He was woeful.

All I can say is I wish we could sign Michael Keane permanently because that kid is going to be top drawer.

Kasper - 7 - Had little to do really but distribution was sound.

RDL - 8 - Was dangerous going forwards solid in defence.

Morgan and Keane - 9 - These two are clear premiership standard defenders. As said above Keane is gonna be a real class act for Man Utd in a few years. I believe the hype with this kid.

Konch - 7 - Improvement on previous games, still think he's on a decline in his career though.

Knockaert - 7 - Was excellent before he went off, hope the injury isn't too bad.

Marshall - 6 - Better than previous performances but still not hit the dazzling heights that he was at last season.

James - 8 - Best we've had in central midfield for a long time.

Drinkwater - 6 - Better than past few performances but needs to come on again.

Wood - 9 - Needed somebody like him badly for a long time. Natural goal scorer.

Nugent - 6 - Worked hard but not his best performance for us.

Subs:

Dyer - 4 - Piss poor, sounds harsh but as the overall team ability has gone up he looks more and more out of his depth.

Waghorn - 6 - Didn't have much to get stuck in to. But battled hard and looked sharp.

Gally - 6 - I couldn't stand him last season and thought he'd gone off the boil but seems a trip to League 1 has showed him the grass isn't necessarily greener.

All were good, exceptions as below.

Keane is very very good. Got caught a couple of times for pace though, but he is still young.

Marshall I thought was tidy, took his man on quite a bit.

Knocky was insane, and worth the journey for 20 minutes of magic. His turn on the byeline left 2 defenders and 13000 spectators wondering where the f**k he had gone!

James was arguably MOTM, he's brilliant.

Wood is exceptional, not just for his goals, Hold up play and bringing people into the game is top drawer.

Oh lloyd! Where do I start? I can't slag him off, he's Leicester through and through, and 40 yards from goal he looks lethal - but his final ball and shooting is sunday league. Still, he entertained in a gallows humour kind of way. Just a good job it wasnt 0-0 and we needed a goal.

Second half had the feeling of a pre-season friendly. Now I know what it's like to be a ManU fan, and know you are going to win every week. If we continue playing like this, we'll win the league.

I wasn't at the game so obviously I haven't got much validity for critiquing the ratings but they seem a tad harsh considering we won 4-0 away from home no matter how bad Bristol City were.

But they really were utter sh*te in the 1st half, we were good of course - you need to be to win 4-0 away from home but Bristol City gave us our 2nd and 3rd goals - you'll see what I mean on the FLS.

But otherwise we largely dominated a fairly poor team by keeping the ball very well - this is something which tends not to be given such a high rating because it's more a team thing rather than done by individuals. In the 2nd half we weren't even that good to be honest, think we should've conceded at least once but we didn't because such was the calibre of the team we were playing against.

Kasper 6.5 (Made only one notable save but could have been picking the ball out of the net several times in the last 25 minutes when the game was all but decided).

DeLaet 7.5 (Excellent and thoughtful all-round game).

Morgan 7 Solid and assured generally but we were opened up far too easily towards the end).

Keane - 8 (Looked a class act. Quietly efficient, one or two notable passes and kept giving the ball to a team-mate which is so refreshing for a Leicester central defender).

Konchesky 7(Made some cracking off the ball runs to support our attacking but beaten a bit too easily and too often as Bristol created chances that finished with low balls across our goal which should have been finished off.

Knockaert 7 (Looked set for an outstandiing game before being tackled out of the game. Balanced his individual brilliance with the right kind of team input and Bristol clearly had no footballing answer to him).

Marshall 6 (Might have scored with one effort but continued to disappoint. Just doesn't look quite up to the standard of the team generally.

James 8 (Quietly and competently controlled or instigated so much of our dominant play in midfield and even marked the game with a goal)).

Drinkwater 6 (Just simmered really rather being a man on the boil).

Wood 10 (It was a messy rather than classic hat-trick but his sort of predatory talent has been much missed in our team for years. Not only does he have the ruthlessness to shoot on sight and to shoot accurately but he sees the positions of others and he has finally allowed us to use aerial passes as an option without deserting our passing game.Today he gave a masterclass in making the best of what came his way.

Nugent 6 (One of his quieter, less threatening games but still worked hard and linked well with Wood).

Subs:

Dyer 5.5 (Got so many opportunites to score or make goals but just seemed to lack the confidence to finish them off

either by driving into the box and forcing panic or a foul or shooting accurately when an opening appeared or by choosing the right final pass. It just wasn't his day.

Waghorn 4 (Even worse than Dyer because he didn't even get into the dangerous positions to create chances and didn't do anything you'd expect of a class centre-forward. Yes, he closed people down - even deep in defence on one occasion - but he offered very little that you'd deem constructive and looked like an amateur in the way he wasted a good free-kick opportunity by lifting it way over the bar.

Gallagher 5 (The team was in cruise control by the time he took the stage - and nothing much changed.)

• rep_up.png

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Everybody gets a 1 apart from Andy king he was a 10 and Dyer get -367 cause I used to hate Wellens and Gally but now i only hate dyer, 4-0 away from home is not good enough, I think its time for Pearson to go cause he don't know what he is doing!

Kasper 7 Wasn’t tested much until towards the end but looked commanding throughout and didn’t put a foot wrong.

DeLaet 7 Competent defensively and made some good forward runs, but his touch was heavy at times and he produced some wild ballooned crosses.

Morgan 7 Solid as usual.

Keane 8 Amazing composure for one so young. Classy throughout and has real ability with his feet, which is great to see in a central defender. Sign him up Nige.

Konchesky 7 Generally steady but beaten too easily towards the end as Bristol came back into it and started to create chances. Against better opposition we could easily have conceded during this period.

Knockaert 7 Produced some magical trickery on the right wing before going off injured. I love the way he was hugging his team mates before kick-off, and the way he limped on at the end to celebrate the victory with the boys. He patently loves his football, has a great attitude, and has very quickly become the talisman for the team and the player other teams and their supporters will remember.

Marshall 8 Lively and tricky throughout. Seems to be regaining his confidence. Lovely pass for Wood’s first goal. He might have scored a couple himself but lifted his chances over the bar.

James 8 Controlled the midfield with Drinkwater and scored a lovely goal.

Drinkwater 7.5 Assured throughout. The way he and James operate in tandem is starting to remind me of Lennon and Izzet.

Wood 8.5 MOM this guy certainly knows how to take his chances. Though their keeper might have done better with a couple of his goals, you have to shoot on target to score, and he certainly has an eye for goal. But he’s not just about goals. He has good awareness of his team mates and links play well. I remember one occasion when he took a long ball down on his chest exquisitely, controlled the ball instantly and laid it off.

Nugent 7 Worked hard as usual and linked well with Wood, but didn’t look like scoring today – but then he didn’t need to with Wood on song.

Subs:

Dyer 5 Every time he got the ball today he seemed to make the wrong decision; either the wrong pass, no pass, or tame shot when he should have passed.

Waghorn 5 Also poor today. Did nothing at all of note that I can remember, and fluffed his lines a few times.

Gallagher 6 Didn’t excite but did nothing wrong. He’s a useful steadying presence to bring on to see out a win.

Schmeichel- 7 (Hardly anything to do, but distribution was better)

De Laet- 7 (Again, got forward well)

Morgan- 8 (Standard Morgan performance)

Keane- 7 (Fine)

Konchesky- 8 (Got forward well and defensively very solid)

Knockaert- 6 (Shame he had to go off)

James- 8 (Another fine display, added a class finish)

Drinkwater- 7 (Back to form)

Marshall- 7 (Decent)

Wood- 10 (Predator in the box, great link-up outside of it)

Nugent- 7 (Seems happier next to Wood)

Subs-

Dyer- 5 (Decision making was way off)

Waghorn- 5 (Little of note)

Gallagher- 6 (Tried to get involved)

Kasper 7 how did he stay awake ?

De Laet 7.5

Morgan 8

Keane 8 the one to watch

Konchesky 7

Marshall 7

Drinkwater 7

James 8

Knockaert 8 feel sorry for all those city fans who missed the game and Tony’s tricks and that turn on the touch line was a different class

Wood 9

Nugent 7

Dyer 6

Waghorn 6

Gallagher 6 all over when he came on but did the job and had a shot

Everybody gets a 1 apart from Andy king he was a 10 and Dyer get -367 cause I used to hate Wellens and Gally but now i only hate dyer, 4-0 away from home is not good enough, I think its time for Pearson to go cause he don't know what he is doing!

Sorry mate, we are already apparently full of idiots.

You'll have to take your hilarious wannabe idiocy elsewhere.

Sorry and all that.

Sorry mate, we are already apparently full of idiots.

You'll have to take your hilarious wannabe idiocy elsewhere.

Sorry and all that.

Could you be the bloke who was standing two rows behind me saying " I been watching this lot (Leicester) for years and could still loose this one 5 - 4 "

recon if it wasn't him then may have been on that sunshine bus that pulled up near that KFC at the back of the away end, any way don't remember king playing

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Could you be the bloke who was standing two rows behind me saying " I been watching this lot (Leicester) for years and could still loose this one 5 - 4 "

recon if it wasn't him then may have been on that sunshine bus that pulled up near that KFC at the back of the away end, any way don't remember king playing

No mate, if anything I would say I was one of the more positive fans on saturday, I was waiting for people to give certain players stupid ratings after the Bristol game, I think we fans look too much into 1 game rather than the whole season, Dyer has a poor game and people are saying its time him to go, some people are saying the same about Waghorn yet over Oct/Nov they were both playing well, we lose a couple of games in December and lots of people think its time for Pearson to go, this is the championship we are never going to win every game, there are certain players I don't rate that much but while they are playing for Leicester I will support them 100% during the game and maybe I was sat next to really negative people on Saturday, I don't know but I wish we could all just enjoy the fact we are 3rd after a 4-0 away win and not try to find something to moan about and if you think I am talking rubbish just look through some of the threads, negative negative negative, yet we are playing good football, scoring and keeping clean sheets! So yes my comments were stupid and yes I knew Andy King was not playing.

Archived