Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

Where's the actual official notification it's off?

Nothing on official site, nothing on Leicestershire Police's twitter, nothing on Police website, nothing on LCFC offical twitter, nothing on SSN, nothing on the BBC. All I see is just a few fans tweeting it's off.

This is far too late for a cancellation, I don't mind it being called off but you have to get the message across much sooner than this! Less than 2 hours to go is not acceptable!

I'd be even more angry if I were a Boro fan on the coach. Very poor in my opinion, police will say they're doing it out of concern for supporters' safety - they should also have showed a bit of concern for the journeys that many supporters will already have set out on. Wasting peoples' time.

My mates just text me and said the game is gonna be off. Source - His Mrs is police and she's told him that the police have been trying to force the club to cancel the game since 4pm due to it being dangerous to public safety. Lets see who wins out Sky's financial muscle or the law. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER JUST RELAYING INFO.

If this is true, and the club have known that it's dangerous to public safety for two and a half hours and have failed to do anything then they should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm calling that it's not off. The official Twitter page for LCFC has updates almost instantly, and in the five minutes since this rumour arrived there is nothing on there. Not even the players have said anything, and Nuge LIVES on Twitter.

Just my two cents!

This is not the police' fault! This is straight down to the club, knew it was going to be ****ing manic trying to get to the ground on a Friday night with a shit load of snow. LEICESTER CITY ARE AT FAULT.

If the police have the authority to cancel the match due to snow they should of made that decision at 3/4pm before everyone had already left for the match not now when everyone would have to try and turn around and cause more mayhem

Disgraceful if the game is called of this late, even more so than if the game isn't called off at all. The only sensible way to go about this would have been to call it off hours ago. Feel bad for anyone who has travelled to the game, especially the Boro fans.

This is not the police' fault! This is straight down to the club, knew it was going to be ****ing manic trying to get to the ground on a Friday night with a shit load of snow. LEICESTER CITY ARE AT FAULT.

The police should have called it off earlier if they are the ones calling it off now. The club have made the pitch fine so why would they call it off?

Archived