Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Weather & Boro At Home

Every year on my girlfriends bday she gets a txt from them offering her free tickets shes never watched or been to a Leicester match in her life, yet me who has been following Leicester for almost 20 years with no connections to the city never gets anything lol

lol typical. They're trying to replace you with her, bizarre tactics!

Think people are being harsh on the club. Surely it's the police' responsibility to make the decision when it concerns traffic conditions away from the stadium? I would have thought the club's responsibility ends with conditions in and around the stadium, which appears fine

Being a non policed game the club should bloody consult them on away from ground issues. To suggest there are no problems with traffic is a disgrace, I left syston 3.15 hours ago and I'm only on queens road!!!

Not sure if this has been said amongst the many, many pages but my mate just sent me a text saying David Nugent just dumped his car and started running to the stadium with his boot bag! Somewhere around King Richard Road apparently!

Don't post much but decided to for this!

He could have got the bus from New Parks.

One of my son's just rung me from Birmingham to say they've got six inches of snow now in Hall Green. The underlying ice is making roads and pavements treacherous and it's supposedly heading this way. It might miss us of course and I'm notsure it'll get here in time to greatly affect the match anyway - but it might make the journey home afterwards a bit lively.

Being a non policed game the club should bloody consult them on away from ground issues. To suggest there are no problems with traffic is a disgrace, I left syston 3.15 hours ago and I'm only on queens road!!!

But to be fair you were speaking to a call centre rep who is probably some student who has no idea what is going on. It's not as if Top is answering the phones.

Well you shouldn't have been messing about on your PC making jokes about fish then should ya!

If you'd left earlier you'd have been fine!

lol

Plus management not wanting a fixture pile up later in the season.

Update... Just made queens road.

Good lad, still a bit to go.

Have patience...

If Waggy misses a sitter, Mark will blame the snow!

lol

Probably, doubt he will get on though, this game would suit Futacs.

Don't worry, if I remain online I'm going to be moaning about the club most of the time.

That will be fun...NOT

There are now, realistically, two possible scenarios.

a) The match goes ahead with a much smaller crowd than possible, the club look amature and upset a good proportion fans, myself included who couldn't get to the game.

b) The club call the game off right before kick-off, upseting a good proportion of fans who were already in the city and able to get to the match.

Either way they'll be upsetting fans because they didn't take the decision to call it off hours ago when all these issues were clear. Why? Greed.

Exactly Mark should have had the balls to call it off about 3.00pm in my opinion!

My experience wasn't quite so bad but it seemed to me that some of the major roads hadn't been gritted despite all the warnings and there was long-term gridlock on the approach to Western Park presumably because so many vehicles were struggling to get up the hill and because of what i assume to have been a resulting incident.

Yes, there were alternatives - I took the Fosse Road, but it was still damned slow progress and the road surface was treacherous. Close to two hours for the half-hour journey from Leicester to my house!

My mates just text me and said the game is gonna be off. Source - His Mrs is police and she's told him that the police have been trying to force the club to cancel the game since 4pm due to it being dangerous to public safety. Lets see who wins out Sky's financial muscle or the law. DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER JUST RELAYING INFO.

Archived