Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Boro Post Match Thread (1-0 home win)

I think Wes Morgan is one of our best signings in many many years.

I hold my hands up.. I was wrong about his supposed lack of pace.

Tonight he was immense... And made at least two last-ditched blocks to stop them scoring.

Super player.

I was underwhelmed when I first saw us linked with him. I saw him as a lumbering hulk of a centre-half, but he reads the games brilliantly and is deceptively quick. I haven't seen a better centre-half this season, though I wouldn't say no to Bikey if St. Ledger moves on.

Anyway, I was definitely wrong about Wes. Best centre-half outside the Premiership.

I was underwhelmed when I first saw us linked with him. I saw him as a lumbering hulk of a centre-half, but he reads the games brilliantly and is deceptively quick. I haven't seen a better centre-half this season, though I wouldn't say no to Bikey if St. Ledger moves on.

Anyway, I was definitely wrong about Wes. Best centre-half outside the Premiership.

Same here mate.. And I agree

:thumbup:

Delighted with the three points. Bricking it at the end but it shows how far we've come to keep the clean sheet.

Anyone know kaspers pen record for us off hand?

First time I've seen wood and nuge due to being abroad and oh my days they look fantastic together. Proud to be a Leicester fan. And more excited than I've been since the mon era!

Whichever way you look at it it's a fantastic result. I'm sure most people are glad we got the game on even if they couldn't see it live and our attendance figures will take a bit of a hit. Yes the other teams still have to play but this puts pressure on them. As long as we stay in the race we've got what it takes to sneak into that top 2 by the end.

Schmeichel got us out of jail at the end after an amateurish tackle it has to be said, on the other hand I think it would have been harsh on us if we hadn't got the 3 points. I don't think Nugent's first disallowed goal was a good decision, and we hit the woodwork 4 times in total. Boro can say a lot about their possession, and it's true they looked far more comfortable on the ball when they had it. But the bottom line is that in the final 3rd we were far more effective and to me, in the second half we looked the more likely to win throughout. That is what counts when it comes to winning games, it's what you do with the ball in important areas.

Part of the reason for this was the partnership of Wood and Nugent, which I was very impressed with. They both won headers all night and both seemed to have an understanding.

On the negatives, I was less than impressed with some of our midfield play - we gave it away cheaply a lot and gave the boro players far too much space with and without the ball. However none of them were hopeless and they did contribute to the end result. They will all have better games and crucially we haven't suffered tonight.

De Laet had a poor game and overall we looked dodgy at the back. I'm surprised at how reserved Schmeichel was, I was expecting him to dish out some serious pain at times lol A better attacking team might have punished us for the amount of time and space we gave them.

Kasper does have his faults, he's not the complete goalkeeper but his shot stopping is top notch. Brilliant macth winning saves tonight, most of all from the penalty but he was out wuickly to a couple of Boro players and saved well from a header in the first half.

Terrific confidence booster against a decent side, nice to be back in the top 2 even if it is briefly.

I've to get a Kasper mask to go with my Knocky, Wes and Wood masks for maritals with MsFoxy.

I wish our players would stop being sooo good, getting these masks made up is costing me a fortune.

If hull's game tomorrow is called off, as more snow is expected. The fact we played tonight (rightly or wrongly) and won could be huge in our season.

If hull or any of the other teams have to replay games from this weekend could very much work in our favour.

Great result though and as has been stated many times tonight on sky, this could be a season defining moment.

Whichever way you look at it it's a fantastic result. I'm sure most people are glad we got the game on even if they couldn't see it live and our attendance figures will take a bit of a hit. Yes the other teams still have to play but this puts pressure on them. As long as we stay in the race we've got what it takes to sneak into that top 2 by the end.

Schmeichel got us out of jail at the end after an amateurish tackle it has to be said, on the other hand I think it would have been harsh on us if we hadn't got the 3 points. I don't think Nugent's first disallowed goal was a good decision, and we hit the woodwork 4 times in total. Boro can say a lot about their possession, and it's true they looked far more comfrotable on the ball when they had it. But the bottom line is that in the final 3rd we were far more effective and to me, in the second half we looked the more likely to win throughout. That is what counts when it comes to winning games, it's what you do with the ball in important areas.

Part of the reason for this was the partnership of Wood and Nugent, which I was very impressed with. They both won headers all night and both seemed to have an understanding.

On the negatives, I was less than impressed with some of our midfield play - we gave it away cheaply a lot and gave the boro players far too much space with and without the ball. However none of them were hopeless and they did contribute to the end result. They will all have better games and crucially we haven't suffered tonight.

De Laet had a poor game and overall we looked dodgy at the back. I'm surprised at how reserved Schmeichel was, I was expecting him to dish out some serious pain at times lolA better attacking team might have punished us for the amount of time and space we gave them.

Kasper does have his faults, he's not the complete goalkeeper but his shot stopping is top notch. Brilliant macth winning saves tonight, most of all from the penalty but he was out wuickly to a couple of Boro players and saved well from a header in the first half.

Terrific confidence booster against a decent side, nice to be back in the top 2 even if it is briefly.

I think this is a case of our home form psychologically impacting on teams. They see the KP as a fortress and come here to play on the counter rather than going for it from kick off.

Maybe Pearson is getting more that loanees from SAF.

Didn't play too well, gave them far too much space almost whole game.

Drinks & James were a bit off so was Marshall.

Knocky was so bad he had to be moved, proved a bit of an attacking threat then but didn't pass to Wood when he was clear in front of goal.

RDL had a lot to do with no protection, Koch played better than usual, Morgan & Kasper were amazing as was Nugent.

Sky were biased wankers, hit the woodwork 3 times, had loads more efforts on target, 2 goals disallowed and yet they spent the whole night raving about Boro, who only looked good because we dropped off.

**** Sky. Wankers.

Hugs & Kisses to Nugent & Kasper!

You can say what you want about Man Utd reserves blah blah blah but Keane, De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Marshall have all played a massive part in us becoming a real threat for automatic promotion. Michael Keane is unreal for someone of his age! Obviously it's not just those lads but you can tell their class helps the side massively.

Impressed by Middlesbrough, they were a decent side and played good football at times. Probably should have scored as well. We did what good teams do though, dug in deep and took the three points. Nugent's goal was good, and we were unlucky not to have more; Wood's header as an example.

But great win, second place. Come on!

Phew.

Kasper what a save. Straight after that he's organizing the defence and getting them to concentrate. Best keeper we have had for a very long time.

How Morgan is not playing in the prem is beyond me. Great for us though, the way things are going he will be next season. His reading of the game and spotting danger is unbelievable.

Nuge.... Him and Kasper are the 2 best things Sven did. Great finish from a top class striker. With him and wood playing together we are deadly upfront. Put that with the best defence in the league and we are looking like a great side.

Come on leicester!

Archived