Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spiritwalker

Which team do you see as our main rivals for automatic?

IF crystal palace lose zaha i think they will struggle because without zaha they become an average team hull have picked up one point out of lets be honest a fairly simple 6 with Wednesday beating them and Peterborough holding them to a draw, however middlesborough have lost 3 in a row but having saying all this there still isnt clear daylight between Leicester and Hull,Middelesborough and palace, Yes watford are in good form especially with Vydra upfront who definately knows how to shift and find the net. As far as out main rivals i would say all of them. its that tight.

One man doesn't make a team, I'm sure Palace would cope fine losing Zaha. You don't need a team of superstars to win promotion, most of the teams in this division are average, and most of the teams before were average but claimed promotion. Attitude is just as important as quality. As long as a team is determined and hungry, they can go for promotion, no doubt about it. Just look at the likes of Blackpool and Reading in previous seasons.

Hull are the danger for me, although Boro and Watford both seem to play good stuff.

One man doesn't make a team, I'm sure Palace would cope fine losing Zaha. You don't need a team of superstars to win promotion, most of the teams in this division are average, and most of the teams before were average but claimed promotion. Attitude is just as important as quality. As long as a team is determined and hungry, they can go for promotion, no doubt about it. Just look at the likes of Blackpool and Reading in previous seasons.

Hull are the danger for me, although Boro and Watford both seem to play good stuff.

True say but imagine if they didnt have zaha? there creative side of football wouldnt be there and glenn murray is basically reliant on the service given from zaha dont get me wrong in their position they can be strong still but without Zaha its a tough ask

True say but imagine if they didnt have zaha? there creative side of football wouldnt be there and glenn murray is basically reliant on the service given from zaha dont get me wrong in their position they can be strong still but without Zaha its a tough ask

Bolasie is the better player and bigger threat than Zaha. He's the one who seems to make everything and cause problems week in week out. Zaha will be a top player no doubt but he isn't as consistent as Bolasie.

Think it will be Hull or Watford really. Palace are starting to fade and as somebody else said, Boro lack the cutting edge up top. Important that we concentrate on ourselves though as you never really know what to expect with Leicester!

I personally think it will be between us, palace and boro. Hull's run in is the hardest IMO and also they are without Aluko now so I can see them fading. Watford are on a hot streak but they have a hard run of fixtures coming up so cant see them bursting up the table, I think they will be the team that might drop out.

Palace have been poor for a while now, I see them getting a run together soon and depending how well we fair could give us a run for our money. Boro will play good football and have a good home record, so I do see them picking up and IMO boro have the easiest fixtures out the challengers.

1. Cardiff

2. Us/Boro/Palace

3. " "

4. " "

5. Hull

6. Watford/Brighton/Leeds/Forest

---

Dont want to predict us finishing 2nd because its tempting fate lol. However it will come down to Us Palace or Boro going into the last 4 or 5 games. By then Hull and Watford will IMO be too far adrit to challenge.

All of the teams in the play-offs, although I'd say that Watford and Hull are the most likeliest. IMO Palace and Boro will fall short of the top 2 and Cardiff will win the league even if we beat them next month, so 2nd place is between us, Hull and Watford.

Watford, definitely. I think Hull will be up there, and maybe Boro. I think Palace will end up in the playoffs. I reckon Cardiff could still see their gap closed down a bit, and if that does happen, the pressure on them will really mount up. I think they probably will go up this time, even though they've become undisputed champions of choking over recent years. I'd love to see them stutter a bit to make the end of the season more interesting.

The cup's one of them, then there's their game in hand (against Bristol C), plus they play on a Friday before our Sat game at Posh.

They play against F****t on the day we play Huddersfield in the FA Cup therefore their is no game in hand advantage.

Thus I'm afraid we have to support Forest this weekend, or at the very least hope they can find it in their useless, hopeless, good for nothing souls to show at least a little bit of determination and keep Watford to a draw. Just for once perhaps they can prove to be more than perpetually dwelling in the past time wasters.

Cardiff will crack

Watford good run needs stopping soon, to stop them doing a reading

Come on f****t , Don't be a bad as normal get at least a draw . Can't bring my self to say win

The problem, unfortunately with Cardiff 'cracking' is that they can afford to.

I mentioned this the other week back, 10 points is a big gap to make up because it implies us continuing to win and Cardiff lose. This is a bloody shame cos I think we are actually a better team than they are and deserved to beat them at our place.

They've just signed Frazier Campbell and I reckon that shows their intention.

For me, Watford are the team to watch out for. They are playing quick-flowing, dangerous football a la Zola and in Vydra ( is that how it's spelt?) have a striker also bang in form.

If Cardiff do slip up, it's imperative we beat them away if we are to clinch top spot come the end.

Agreed, I think people are underestimating just how big a gap 10 points is. They could afford to send their 1st team squad on holiday for 2 weeks and play their u18s and when they came back they'd still be top.

Any title chances that we might have rest on beating them away. If When that happens we'll resume talks.

Agreed, I think people are underestimating just how big a gap 10 points is. They could afford to send their 1st team squad on holiday for 2 weeks and play their u18s and when they came back they'd still be top.

Any title chances that we might have rest on beating them away. If When that happens we'll resume talks.

:thumbup:

The shame about Cardiff being 10 points clear is that I don't think they are a particular good side.

Sure, the table don't lie and they have got some decent players. But I think they will be one of the weakest teams to win the division for quite some time, if they do.

Pearson has done a grand job, but the chances missed throughout the season have mattered, as I thought they probably would. The signing of Wood couldn't have come too soon.

Personally, I reckon if we would have had a really good strike pair from the start, like we do now, we may well have romped the league.

Archived