Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Wolves match thread.

That's another huge win. Every win is huge, in fact. Another early message to everyone else playing this weekend that even if that win they'll only be keeping up with us, and there's big pressure to win now. Happy days. Nuge is my hero.

Certainly not our best performance by any stretch of the imagination but we had grit and determination and quality in the key moments of the game Nugent's composed strike to help see us through.

Could do with a player or two to come in the loan window.

Dyer gets criticised again, and he didn't do a lot. But it was his off the ball run which helped create a little space for Nugent's winner, just emphasising the point about how much difference he can make.

Otherwise, tactically, we were awful when we were leading and very fortunate to escape with all the points.

That said, I don't know they bother making rules if referees so blatantly ignore them. The "talking point" push in the box was a clear and blatant penalty and the first half foul on King a sending off. The bloke went over the ball and connected in such a way he could have broken King's leg.

As others have said - and as Manchester United do so often - we won without playing well except for brief spells. And we won because we had players who make a difference. Great assist by Kasper too for knockaert's goal.

Dyer gets criticised again, and he didn't do a lot. But it was his off the ball run which helped create a little space for Nugent's winner, just emphasising the point about how much difference he can make.

Otherwise, tactically, we were awful when we were leading and very fortunate to escape with all the points.

That said, I don't know they bother making rules if referees so blatantly ignore them. The "talking point" push in the box was a clear and blatant penalty and the first half foul on King a sending off. The bloke went over the ball and connected in such a way he could have broken King's leg.

As others have said - and as Manchester United do so often - we won without playing well except for brief spells. And we won because we had players who make a difference. Great assist by Kasper too for knockaert's goal.

Agree and Agree. Sometimes it's the little things like a gut busting run to help a team mate. Winning ugly and when not playing well is needed in order to get promotion, win trophies etc.

Sako is miles better than Marshall and Dyer.

Wouldn't mind a cheeky 1.5m bid for the lad. I think an injury to Knockaert leaves us way too short of wingers.

Good call that, Sako looked lively.

I think he'll be worth a punt in the summer for us. If we don't get promoted, he could be a good replacement for Knockaert who'd almost certainly find a Premiership home but if we get promoted, a combination of Knockaert and Sako on the wings could be absolutely mouthwatering.

Archived