Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

Automatic or Play Off

Just a general wonder from the brillient video that I watched earlier of Citys win at Wembley. If you had the choice of either going to the Premier Leauge Automatically, or going up though the play offs (Knowing that we would win the play offs)

How would you rather see Leicester going up? I personally would choose the play offs, just to get to watch the team at the new Wembley and all of the excitment that it brings with it. Just a thought for all the Foxes out there

Oh and this isnt saying that I want us to go to the play offs as I would always go for Autos in real life!!

For me, if you can tell me WE will win the play-off final then I reckon it's obvious, the whole day out at Wembley would be so much better than 2nd Place.

However, if you are talking about WINNING the league of course that's great.

Don't forget we went up as runners up to pompey, to be honest it didn't hold a candle to beating the sheep or playing palace off the park at Wembley. Infact I hold our L1 title in higher regard than a runners up spot in a division above.

Plus with and I still find it very random, but I guess it's for TV and the whole event management side, you get a trophy at wembley.

That depends.

If we go up in 2nd on the last day do I have a ticket for the Forest game? If we do it by beating Watford at home is there a mass pitch invasion? Are we talking about an old Wembley experience where the majority are standing up and singing their hearts out or the new Wembley experience where everyone is sat? Do we miss out on any singings because the team that finished 2nd bought them instead?

You need to take these variables into account. :thumbup:

I love Wembley and the fact I live down here now and could go on a rampage afterwards does appeal but the rollercoaster you have to go on in the play-offs is too much for us. We've been crap for a decade or more now and i'd just love to feel that pure emotion when automatic promotion is confirmed, especially if it was at Forest. We'd be kept in the ground for about 3 days, they'd have to put a buffet on for us and a free bar.

Automatic everytime!

As much as I enjoyed the Derby and Palace play off wins, losing against Blackburn & Swindon left me devastated, don’t really want to go through that again.

Also we lose preparation time for the new season, which will more than likely start early due to the 2014 world cup.

Archived