Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

9 wins from 14 games = Automatic Promotion

Simple maths!

We need at least 80 points, probably even 84/85 to finish second.

We have 14 games left to play.

We can not afford to drop more than 11 -16 points from our next 14 games.

We need a slight improvement over the next 14 games when comparing our results based over the last 32 games.

Over the next 14 games we must win a minimum of 8 games preferably 9!

9 wins would see LCFC have at least 81 points.

Where will we find 9/14?

Fixtures remaining:

Blackburn (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheff Wed (H)

Cardiff (A)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brighton (A)

Birmingham (H)

Bolton (H)

Palace (A)

Watford (H)

Forest (A)

Where will we find 9/14?

Fixtures remaining:

Blackburn (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheff Wed (H)

Cardiff (A)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brighton (A)

Birmingham (H)

Bolton (H)

Palace (A)

Watford (H)

Forest (A)

Pointless doing this because we know we are capable of beating any and all of them. We just have to take it week by week and put everything into each match individually.

Pointless doing this because we know we are capable of beating any and all of them. We just have to take it week by week and put everything into each match individually.

Is it?

History shows that you need to get over 80 points! From where we are we need at least 8 wins & 2 draws, so 9 wins is far more solid & chuck in the odd draw & we would, by the way the numbers this season & in history show be a very good bet for 2nd.

I do not have a De Lorean either, & will have to take each game as it comes, but the numbers do indicate that this is the form that is required, I am sure the management team & players will be aware of this,

Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Millwall, Barnsley, Birmingham and maybe Bolton (as well as Blackburn) are games I'm looking at, but our fixtures are tough.

I'm looking at all 14. Top two sides simply have to win win win win win and we're not doing it as much as the sides above us at the minute.

I'm amazed how much we've dropped since January, what the hell happened?

I'm looking at all 14. Top two sides simply have to win win win win win and we're not doing it as much as the sides above us at the minute.

Wood got injured, some players dipped in form, the FA Cup wasn't treated respectfully, NP won the January manager of the month aka curse :thumbup:

Is it?

History shows that you need to get over 80 points! From where we are we need at least 8 wins & 2 draws, so 9 wins is far more solid & chuck in the odd draw & we would, by the way the numbers this season & in history show be a very good bet for 2nd.

I do not have a De Lorean either, & will have to take each game as it comes, but the numbers do indicate that this is the form that is required, I am sure the management team & players will be aware of this,

No I meant it's pointless trying to pick out which of the remaining games we could win, you were quite right to point out the numbers and the kind of form we will need.

Wood got injured, some players dipped in form, the FA Cup wasn't treated respectfully, NP won the January manager of the month aka curse :thumbup:

Very un-top 2 attitude, sadly.

At the end of the day if we don't make the top 2, it really isn't a disaster like some think, play-offs is still a very solid effort and we've still come a long way in a year.

Very un-top 2 attitude, sadly.

At the end of the day if we don't make the top 2, it really isn't a disaster like some think, play-offs is still a very solid effort and we've still come a long way in a year.

I agree, but I would be concerned if we made playoffs & did not win at Wembley, with NP's job security. I'd be very, very disapointed in the owners if we did not stick with a man who has done very well for this club.

I agree, but I would be concerned if we made playoffs & did not win at Wembley, with NP's job security. I'd be very, very disapointed in the owners if we did not stick with a man who has done very well for this club.

You are probably right, I agree with stability, but an interesting counter argument in the Times today which points to the success of Swansea and West Brom, and the fact that they have changed manager regularly. Perhaps that's what we have to do with Nige, even though he has been more successful than not during his two spells. So wherever we finish this season, the questions the owners need to ask are:

1. Have we strengthened the squad successfully?

2 Have we met or exceeded expectations for the season?

3. Does he have the ability to improve us again during the following season?

4. Is there anyone who we feel has a 75% chance of performing significantly better than the incumbent?

A rationale decision can then be made

Blackburn (H) - Win

Ipswich (A) - Win

Leeds (H) - Win

Sheff Wed (H) - Win

Cardiff (A) - Lose

Derby (A) - Draw

Millwall (H) - Win

Barnsley (A) - Draw

Brighton (A) - Draw

Birmingham (H) - Win

Bolton (H) - Win

Palace (A) - Lose

Watford (H) - Draw

Forest (A) - Win

31 points for me.

That puts us on 85. But that seems unlikely!

As would I. Anyone who thinks we should sack him on principle is a nobhead.

It came as no suprise surely? I'm not saying 'I told you so' but I got slated by Kitchandro amongst others for saying that the more games you keep on winning the higher the probability we'd lose the next. In other words a blip was bound to happen. Maybe some didn't expect it against Posh and Charlton but there you go. Most knew it was always going to be tight and that football and Leicester City in particular are never predictable.

I've resigned myself for us to be in the playoffs come May- at best. Nothing to do with Pearson or tactics or anything like that. We (and me) spent so long saying Cardiff were going to bottle it, that we only needed to keep winning games to finish 2nd that something bad was bound to happen to us. As well as usually there's one team who drops off and another who appears from nowhere. Hopefully my mindset will alter following a win later.

Simple maths!

We need at least 80 points, probably even 84/85 to finish second.

We have 14 games left to play.

We can not afford to drop more than 11 -16 points from our next 14 games.

We need a slight improvement over the next 14 games when comparing our results based over the last 32 games.

Over the next 14 games we must win a minimum of 8 games preferably 9!

9 wins would see LCFC have at least 81 points.

Where will we find 9/14?

Fixtures remaining:

Blackburn (H)

Ipswich (A)

Leeds (H)

Sheff Wed (H)

Cardiff (A)

Derby (A)

Millwall (H)

Barnsley (A)

Brighton (A)

Birmingham (H)