Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

If it is to be the play-offs...

I have to say I think it will be the PO's for us. Not good enough / consistent enough for auto's, I fear. Too good to miss out completely. After that ? Who knows ! It's a total lottery. What I do know is that it will take another couple of years off what's left of my life and I'll feel sick for the whole thing ! Unless we win it, in which case I'll experince the sort of joy that is unmatched inany other sport.

You can never be confident going into the play-offs. Regardless of how good you are or what form you are in before them, you can easily have one bad game and it's all over.

I have to say I agree with the above post about our composure, we've really not looked professional or ruthless enough to me. We've started playing poorly as soon as we've got to 2nd and we've struggled to grind out results. I fear too many of our players go missing a lot and are too inconsistent.

On the other hand we're always capable of a convincing home victory.

We can only hope that we hit the play-offs at the start of one of our good runs.

We'll win the play offs if we get into them. We're good enough to completely outclass any team in this league and our defence is good enough to mean even if we have a bad game we'll only lose 1-0. So over two legs we'd win. And we'd win the final cos we just would. Easy.

I think we'll get in the playoffs and we'll just miss out in the second leg mainly down to having such a young inexperienced squad but then I also think we might just kick-on and just hit form when we need it and there will be no stopping us I hope! It definatley takes a bit of luck to get through them.

I think it's play-off's but if we continue this dodgy run then we could fall short of that too. I'm staying positive though, 2 home games coming up and we must win both if we want to succeed. If our form picks up and we don't scrape in to the play-off's by the skin of our teeth then I fancy us against any of the teams around us. My only concern is Pearson tactically.

Is it wrong to sometimes think about another man called Nigel, currently out of work? (thankfully Worthington got a job yesterday)

I'd almost fancy just as much having our home game first to be honest. As someone said previously we can be very strong at home, and a win in the first leg will give us much more confidence going away from home than I think we'd have going into to away leg first and so at level pegging.

I've seen a couple of playoff ties with a mate who is a Shrewsbury fan, when they had their home leg second. Lost 2-0 away and the added pressure in the home tie made it a lot more difficult and they were knocked out. Not saying I would rather us finish 5th or 6th but there's certainly positives to take from it if we do.

Archived