Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Cardiff 1-1 Post Match

Coming to terms with it. A lot of positives to take from tonight, it's a bit of a season defining game, stopping the rot by so nearly winning in their horrible little backyard. We NEED to follow this up with 3 points on saturday. I've got a horrid feeling Derby are gonna win though.

UTF

Finally back home. I've been to Bristol 3 times and Cardiff tonight. Whenever I want to come home via the M4, it's ALWAYS closed somewhere. F**k you whoever manages the M4!

Anyway, we were brilliant tonight. I actually wasn't that gutted when they scored in a weird way. I was obviously pissed off because Cardiff always seem to get lucky in my opinion, especially against us. But the performances that we've been lacking was certainly there tonight. To me, that was typical of a Nigel Pearson performance and had we just closed that bastard on the left wing down and not left him approximately 40 years to put in a decent cross, we'd all be delighted tonight. BUT having seen the Charlton, Leeds and Sheff Weds games recently, I feel much more positive about the rest of the season after tonight and we can take the many positives from tonight and move on to the next one.

Leicester till I die. :scarf:

I don't get this so-called 'entitlement' business. Do Manchester United fans have an entitlement to their success? I certainly didn't feel so as a Leicester fan at school, surrounded by people who took the piss every time City lost because they had chosen the best team in the world. And what about Real Madrid? Do their fans have an entitlement to success, just because a dictatorship ensured their financial superiority for four decades? And I'm sure fans of Levante and Celta Vigo got pretty fed up by all the white shirts in the classroom too.

If there were such a thing as 'entitlement' to success, then as a long-suffering but loyal Leicester fan I think I'd be up there. The truth is that there isn't.

Leicester fans don't feel entitled to success. They expect it based on the prices they pay for tickets, and the prices their owners have paid for players. They expect it because successive boards and managers have told them to expect it.

Now I don't want Pearson gone, but I don't buy the idea that my, nor our, sense of 'entitlement' has anything to do with the high expectations that have been placed on him.

Can't agree with this post more. It's an absolutely appalling cycle and this season proves the only way out of it is promotion.

Why do I feel it's a strange logic when you put success or the expectation of it in relation to the ticket prices?

inckley fox, following that deduction, fans of Burton Albion for instance must expect close to nothing each season.

Also, should we get promoted, ticket prices would very likely increase, as well. Does that mean we're bound to expect even more then?

If you don't like the show, why do you still go?

How many is that?

Whether it's a 'good point' remains to be seen. Yes it's against the league leaders and our form is terrible, but it's not about what we expect to get anymore, it's what we need to get.

I really hope that late goal doesn't dent confidence further. If this is to be a good point we need to beat Derby. We're closer to 7th than 4th still, at the moment it's looking like even if we make the play-offs we'll have to have an away second leg, which was unthinkable a month ago.

I feel terrible right now.

976 according to their forum.

Thought we battled well and at times played some good stuff.. Thought Pearson got things spot in tactically for the most part but would have liked to see Wood stay on to hold the ball up a bit more and since we were winning, Whitbread on instead of Vardy would have made more sense to me. Hugely disappointed but also feeling positive after a good performance from the lads.

To be fair your lads played well tonight but I dont think we were outplayed. Chances were pretty few and far between and maybe you did get 1 or 2 more clearcut chances.Both teams were relatively solid at the back. We had a teenager playing centre back. Obviously we were nowhere near our best but I think a draw is fair. We only looked capable of really scoring second half and particularly the last 20 minutes when we brought the big boy on up front. Had we started a target man I think you may have had a few more problems considering the amount of free kicks you conceded... You dominated the game physically. I was happy with a point before the game and particularly after. Hope both teams kick on and you get a big run and challenge for 2nd. Remember hull and watford play each other and we play both of them. Good luck

This is the Leeds result in reverse. It will feel like defeat after being 1-0 up but to be honest if I was told you can have a point from this game beforehand I would have taken it.

On our current performances and their envious home record I was expecting a right thumping.

Move on to the Rams now and 3 points, please!!

Morning all. The M4 was a dog on the way home so too tired and too pissed off to post last night........ :(

I know that going to Wales is the equivilent of going back in time but I never expected the team to do likewise.

Our midfield had a very definite whiff of 2010 about it but that is not quite what I mean, what was really interesting is that we got the old fashioned battling away performance that was NFP's 'signature' in his first term with us.

First of all I am somewhat surprised by the comments in this and other threads, to suggest that we played well is just plain wishful thinking, we were, in the main quite average, no sharpness in forward areas, giving away the ball in midfield and at times defensively disorganised, fortunately, for a team that are top, Cardiff were woeful.

What we did have though, was some fight, not sure where it came from but the effort and intensity was on a different level to that on offer in recent games. First half was pretty dull and negative though we had far more of the ball second half we made few clear cut chances and the goal from a set piece was probably the only way we were going to score.

It had all the hallmarks of a classic NFP 'smash and grab', pity we lost our composure at the end when it looked like we were going to close out the game but we got jittery, lost concentration and stopped playing. We conceded possession, gave ground and finally let them score a goal they never really deserved.

We did not play much football last night, had we been capable of getting close to our early season style and form we would have won with some ease, but then again, "if my auntie had balls......... :dunno:

Have to say like most I feel cheated, just when we are about to blow the top of the table wide open we concede, I am not saying a point is good or we would have finished second, just that 3 points would have been massive.

Wellens our saviour will be hard from some to take and before the hounds of doom awaken let's give credit to the team and manager.

Also just have a think about how the players will feel ? and if they don't look happy/confident don't start to imply that Pearson has/is losing the dressing room.

Have to say like most I feel cheated, just when we are about to blow the top of the table wide open we concede, I am not saying a point is good or we would have finished second, just that 3 points would have been massive.

Wellens our saviour will be hard from some to take and before the hounds of doom awaken let's give credit to the team and manager.

Also just have a think about how the players will feel ? and if they don't look happy/confident don't start to imply that Pearson has/is losing the dressing room.

Two points.

'Wellens our saviour'.......... :dunno:

All our players put in a decent effort, not normally a sign that the manager is out of favour......... :fc:

The 3 points would have been massive for our confidence :(

Hopefully we take some heart from the game and go to derby in high spirits but I'm not sure we will.

Pearson change it up last night and for large parts it worked so at least it appears we haven't given up.

I still beleive we will scrape a playoff place and on our day we can beat anyone so who knows!

LTID!!

Blame Young for that, him made him sound good !

So you were taking the pish, fair enough...... :thumbup:

For what it is worth, Cardiff made little attempt to press our midfield, Wellens was, by and large, surplus to requirements. He was taken off not because he was tired but because he was in the way...... :huh:

Any comments on Schlupp and SSl.Sounded solid and putting a foot in occasionally.Didnt hear much of them on the wings but for sure the formation was more defensive.

Got the impression they both did well particular ssl after an early booking

So you were taking the pish, fair enough...... :thumbup:

For what it is worth, Cardiff made little attempt to press our midfield, Wellens was, by and large, surplus to requirements. He was taken off not because he was tired but because he was in the way...... :huh:

More a case of fishing with Wellens tbh I can see you didn't like what you saw.

Archived