Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon25747

Whose fault was it that we didnt get 3 points tonight?

Whose fault was it tonight?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Whose fault was it tonight?

• Pearson
    • Nugent
    • A N Other

Why does it have to be someone's fault? Do we always need someone to blame? We missed many chances Nugent Schluup and king all missed chances they should have scored. We got a point.

Blaming someone may make you feel better I'd prefer to move on hope for some good results tomorrow and focus on Bolton

I hate how fans blame the manager for a performance that was determined by the actions of any player. In the last 14 games, I blame the players for not having the desire and the composure to hold on to a draw/win, not Pearson because his tactics have been proven that it works in general.

Schlupp. Missed twice when he should've scored both. I know he played very well otherwise but scored either of them and we're 3-1 up and coasting.

You could also say Nugent should have buried 2 in the first half though? And King? 4-0 and it's all over.

We could discuss the space-time continuum all night, but with 3 minutes left, you take out that mistake and I'm more than confident we'd have held on. Half an hour is a different matter.

It's very simplistic to blame one person, but I do think we would have won if Nugent was a tad brighter.

I started the thread because of people blaming Pearson which I think is madness and wanted to see how many thought similar in case I was in the minority

You could also say Nugent should have buried 2 in the first half though? And King? 4-0 and it's all over.

We could discuss the space-time continuum all night, but with 3 minutes left, you take out that mistake and I'm more than confident we'd have held on. Half an hour is a different matter.

When it happens doesn't matter. The outcome is the same, the reaction is different. You'd be less angry if we'd conceded in the 75th minute despite the result being the same. We would've won at 3-1.

Schlupp's were far, far easier. That's why I blame him.

How anyone says this forum is better now than it was 3-4 years ago needs to have a long hard look. Even looking at the thread topics is enough to put any sane person off sometimes.

Its only meant as tongue in cheek from people moaning about Pearson so often and even blaming him tonight

When it happens doesn't matter. The outcome is the same, the reaction is different. You'd be less angry if we'd conceded in the 75th minute despite the result being the same. We would've won at 3-1.

Schlupp's were far, far easier. That's why I blame him.

That's not true though, is it? Have you seen any time-travel based films?

If Schlupp makes it 3-1 with 20-25 minutes to go, there's time for us to fvck up.

If Nugent blasts clear at 2-1 instead of doing what he did, there is much less time to fvck up. Likewise, there is much less time for us to get it back when he does fvck up and it's 2-2.

What Nugent did was more directly costly. The other stuff (which includes Nugent's 2 chances in the first half which would have put us out of sight, btw) is more speculative.

That's not true though, is it? Have you seen any time-travel based films?

If Schlupp makes it 3-1 with 20-25 minutes to go, there's time for us to fvck up.

If Nugent blasts clear at 2-1 instead of doing what he did, there is much less time to fvck up. Likewise, there is much less time for us to get it back when he does fvck up and it's 2-2.

What Nugent did was more directly costly. The other stuff (which includes Nugent's 2 chances in the first half which would have put us out of sight, btw) is more speculative.

Ugh yeah, I'll just accept that. I don't feel like arguing and making myself angry right now.

Stupid thread really, it's nobody's fault. We're a team! When we win, we don't have a poll saying 'well who was the reason we won'.

We win together, draw together, lose together.

See comment that says its tongue in cheek...

Archived