Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Boston Marathon hit by explosions

I can't agree with someone who hadn't been directly involved in an IRA terrorist act to hold the 'now they know what it's like' viewpoint themselves.

Those of an age will recall how for many years people in the UK lived with the very real possibility of bombing some other atrocity, directly involved or not we all saw horrific images from the bombs in Birmingham, Guildford, Hyde Park, Regents Park, Harrods, Enniskillen, Omagh, et, etc. We recall hearing on the news the very regular occurrence of another British solier killed in Northern Ireland. We were all directly involved, some brave souls more than others.

Sadly, I have witnessed 1st hand 'Oirish' dudes holding court in bars in North America, being agreed with and supported by the locals as they tell tales of 700 years of oppression under the jackboots of the evil Brits.

This, long after Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness sat laughing together on a government sofa, tells me that there is still a willing audience for tales of Irish victimhood in North America, despite whatever reconciliation has happened during the peace process.

None of which has anything much to do with the terrible events at the end of the Boston marathon.

If only that were true. I am involved with ongoing peace work in N.Ireland and I am sorry to say the sectarian divide is as wide as ever. There is still a Berlin like wall in Belfast separating the Nationalist and Loyalist communities and an awful lot of what is going on at present never gets reported in our press. But like you I live in hope that they never return to those dark days again.

Thanks for the imput by the way , as ever reasonable and well thought out. :thumbup:

Well as long as bombs aren't going off and people aren't being shot in the street...I guess trying to reverse hundreds of years of religious and ideological hatred is near-impossible, so perhaps separation is the best thing. At least (I hope) it's a reasonable attempt at stopping innocent people who care nothing for that particular brand of political stupidity from getting caught in the crossfire.

What twists people to hate each other that much, for so long? I honestly don't understand it.

And you're welcome. :thumbup:

Those of an age will recall how for many years people in the UK lived with the very real possibility of bombing some other atrocity, directly involved or not we all saw horrific images from the bombs in Birmingham, Guildford, Hyde Park, Regents Park, Harrods, Enniskillen, Omagh, et, etc. We recall hearing on the news the very regular occurrence of another British solier killed in Northern Ireland. We were all directly involved, some brave souls more than others.

True...I'm too young to remember most of it (90's kid).

IMO, however it was a filthy conflict brought on and encouraged by idiot ideological power-mongers on both sides. Israel/Palestine without the sand.

Sadly, I have witnessed 1st hand 'Oirish' dudes holding court in bars in North America, being agreed with and supported by the locals as they tell tales of 700 years of oppression under the jackboots of the evil Brits.

This, long after Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness sat laughing together on a government sofa, tells me that there is still a willing audience for tales of Irish victimhood in North America, despite whatever reconciliation has happened during the peace process.

None of which has anything much to do with the terrible events at the end of the Boston marathon.

Exactly.

Exactly.

It's not that there is any connection it's just the irony of the location. Boston being the main fund raising centre for Irish terrorism has now had a taste of the same. It's not gloating it's just a sense of " well now you know how it feels to have your city in the grip of fear"

Guest MattP

It's not that there is any connection it's just the irony of the location. Boston being the main fund raising centre for Irish terrorism has now had a taste of the same. It's not gloating it's just a sense of " well now you know how it feels to have your city in the grip of fear"

This is exactly it, I fail to see how anyone can so mis-interpret the point being made.

This is exactly it, I fail to see how anyone can so mis-interpret the point being made.

Fair enough. It is ironic.

I guess the lines just got blurred with what people were saying or trying to say regarding the incident itself, because no one who was involved in the events of a couple of days ago deserved that pain or fear.

Fair enough. It is ironic.

I guess the lines just got blurred with what people were saying or trying to say regarding the incident itself, because no one who was involved in the events of a couple of days ago deserved that pain or fear.

Acknowledging irony is very different to revelling in it.

[

Not sure if anyone has seen this but it's very interesting and the photos are quite clear

http://www.liveleak....=2d6_1366183161

Could someone have identified the culprit?

I think from looking at that item we've identified some massive c***s, at the very least.

If you'd thought you'd identified the culprit, wouldn't you just, I dunno, tell the police? I personally wouldn't stick it on the internet and invite people, mainly divs apparently, to 'share their comments'.

I might be missing something, of course, wouldn't be the first time

[

I think from looking at that item we've identified some massive c***s, at the very least.

If you'd thought you'd identified the culprit, wouldn't you just, I dunno, tell the police? I personally wouldn't stick it on the internet and invite people, mainly divs apparently, to 'share their comments'.

I might be missing something, of course, wouldn't be the first time

who's to say there isn't more than one of those bags in circulation? And who's to say that the guy with the pictures hasn't alerted someone. Besides, if the FBI etc haven't been scouring those images as well, I'd be incredibly surprised

Think they deserve to die? What a load of absolute nonsense.

Everyone sympathy is with the innocent. Its always them who seem to be at the end of shit like this whilst the ***** who support and fund it carry on.

Take a look at your own support of massacres of the innocent you have shown before whilst you sit there and judge others. ****.

I'm going to take a moment to take reply to this bait, and return you back to ignore, as it's dickheads like yourself with your pretend-to-be-not-a-racist-but-blatantly-are, that are an embarrassment to humankind.

So as I've highlighted above...Quote me bitch.

The insinuation that a community or city of over 600k deserves karma, or some of the 'same medicine' because the lack of intelligence of few. Pure ****ing genius. You've excelled yourself once again, you and the other cvnts.

This is clearly a lone nutter with his own agenda.

The fact that retards like yourself connect something totally unrelated to allow yourself to pitch further racist bollocks about the Irish shows you for the cvnt that you are.

Guest MattP

I'm actually going to print that brilliant piece out and take a shit on it after dinner.

Good luck with your Stinson Hunter dodging.

US media is reporting there has just been an arrest in connection with the bombing, and they are reporting that local and federal law enforcement sources have indicated that the arrested is a suspect.

News conference at 5:00 pm eastern.

While this could be a great coup for justice, remember innocent until proven guilty--remember Richard Jewell and the 1996 Altanta Olympics bombing.

Edit: CNN et al. are now reporting no arrest, and no suspect has been IDed... Another victory for American journalism.

I'm astonished at some of the comments in this thread. :nono:

I'd just like to offer my thoughts and condolences to those that died or received life-changing injuries, their families and friends, and those that had to deal with the aftermath.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR LIFE OR FOR THE SQUEAMISH - DISTURBING, PEOPLE:

BH61wJTCMAAK929.jpg

I missed this being posted originally--This is truly a horrifying photo, but the background story here is worth discussing, so I'll bring it up now.

The man in the cowboy hat is Carlos Arredondo aka Alexander Arredondo, a peace activist.

Carlos came to the US as an illegal immigrant, and one of his sons, Alex, was recruited to the Marines, and fought in Iraq.

Alex was killed in the war. When two Marines went to Carlos' home to tell him his son died, he became distraught, and tried to kill himself by setting himself on fire, but the Marines were able to save him although he still suffered serious injuries.

Since that time, Carlos (who changed his name upon earning citizenship to honor his son) and his wife have become prominent activists to support families of the military dead, to protest war, and to highlight deceptive and exploitative methods used sometimes by the U.S. military to recruit new soldiers. However, Carlos' other son, still deeply upset by his brother's death, committed suicide just a few years after Alex died.

Carlos was near the marathon finish cheering on runners (particularly those that ran to support his organizations) and handing out American flags to fans and supporters when the first bomb exploded right by him. According to eyewitness reports, his own accounts, photos, and videos, Carlos immediately helped the victims around him, including applying his belt as a tourniquet to aid the severely-injured man in the photo quoted and hidden above.

I can't believe there are conspiracy theorists who say that the photo of the man with the blown off leg is some kind of staged photo? Jesus Christ some people are incredibly stupid. Apparently the lack of blood around and the fact he doesn't seem to be in pain makes it some illuminati plot.

Honestly I'm gonna delete Facebook before the retards who make these pictures and videos annoy me even more!

Archived