Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Konchesky Incident

I wouldn't be surprised if Konchesky leaves now, purely because the amount of stick his got from our fans over the last two years as been disgraceful. If your going to boo/abuse one of your own players then don't come. I hope the supporter is banned for life. He can go and support Forest we don't want supporters like that.

On the lap of honour thing though, even though it was our last game of the season i found it was in a little of bad taste after that result.

Konchesky left Liverpool within months after his mother slated their fans on social media for being horrid to her boy. At Leicester he's sworn at fans on match day and insulted them on Twitter. On top of that he's been one of our highest earners and quite simply rubbish for a whole year. If fans aren't allowed to let their feelings be known about this guy after a game - and our season - has finished, then the bulk of them would probably be better off supporting Forest, as you put it.

Are fans never allowed to be critical? It worries me how many people seem to think this these days.

There's being critical and there's being called a ****. ***** call people *****. People who can articulate offer opinions you can argue with. I don't get why if someone doesn't think a player is good enough he is a willy puller, twat, ****, mother****er. Some of the best players in the world are all those things and people toss themselves off to them, (after they've signed them on FIFA) if a player isn't good enough, fine, but Why the personal insults? And don't follow the crowd you'll sound like a radio Leicester caller.

Konchesky left Liverpool within months after his mother slated their fans on social media for being horrid to her boy. At Leicester he's sworn at fans on match day and insulted them on Twitter. On top of that he's been one of our highest earners and quite simply rubbish for a whole year. If fans aren't allowed to let their feelings be known about this guy after a game - and our season - has finished, then the bulk of them would probably be better off supporting Forest, as you put it.

Are fans never allowed to be critical? It worries me how many people seem to think this these days.

What worries me is people actually think its ok. I am sorry I really don't understand fans, have they ever played football? Do you they actually understand it.

Firstly if people think Konchesky has been poor this year then you need to seriously consider if football is for you. Fullback is the most thank less position on the pitch, running the full length of the pitch to support an attack only for it to break down and have to run all the way back. PK worked hard tonight always supporting dyer/knocky on the overlap. He has made mistakes, they all have this year. If they were better players they would be playing at the higher level.

Quality is a different issue, coaching and tactics are a different issue, but every played tried tonight - Watford simply had better players but when fans give players abuse like that, I understand frustration but if that's how people deal with frustration and disappointed...

I know I will get the we pay our money argument, well don't pay it then. Seriously people must go into a season expecting players to have bad games and the team to loose. It's supporters not a abusers.

When was the last time you raised over a million pound for charity and raise the clubs profile and do all the community work he does?

Tell the club to give me a chance and i'll let you know how i get in. Half his salary should do.

And at the end of the day i will go home to my family and not act like a dirty old man and help ruin all the good work i have done.

What worries me is people actually think its ok. I am sorry I really don't understand fans, have they ever played football? Do you they actually understand it.

Firstly if people think Konchesky has been poor this year then you need to seriously consider if football is for you. Fullback is the most thank less position on the pitch, running the full length of the pitch to support an attack only for it to break down and have to run all the way back. PK worked hard tonight always supporting dyer/knocky on the overlap. He has made mistakes, they all have this year. If they were better players they would be playing at the higher level.

Quality is a different issue, coaching and tactics are a different issue, but every played tried tonight - Watford simply had better players but when fans give players abuse like that, I understand frustration but if that's how people deal with frustration and disappointed...

I know I will get the we pay our money argument, well don't pay it then. Seriously people must go into a season expecting players to have bad games and the team to loose. It's supporters not a abusers.

Konchesky is an awful player, he's been our worst regular player all season, he can't pass a ball and l think last night was the first time i've every seen him use or try to use his right foot.

Last season he was decent, this year he's been our worst player that plays regular by a mile, people sticking up for him because he works hard and gets forward are completely forgetting how bad he is when he is forward. When I'm at work and have to listen to the games, all I hear is 'konchesky on the ball, and now its with the other team' .

agree with all of this.

Ive only missed two home games this season, but doubt i will go as much next season, not because of the quality of football, but because of the lack of quality of our fans. Had some bellends near me last night who spent the whole match moaning. Never seen them before never want to be near them again

I didn't see the incident, but the lap of honour after a defeat and dismal end to the season???

Just a terrible idea ..... and I know they'll justify it by saying they were thanking the fans .... I think they could have given the Microphone to NP to just say a simple thanks for your support message.

A lap of honour is for winners.

agree with all of this.

Ive only missed two home games this season, but doubt i will go as much next season, not because of the quality of football, but because of the lack of quality of our fans. Had some bellends near me last night who spent the whole match moaning. Never seen them before never want to be near them again

It's not the opera! Fans are entitled to voice their opinions, including negative ones. If we took Pearson's 'don't come if you don't like it' approach then right now there's be you and about five hundred others turning up for matches. We'd be bust within a month!

Mark McGhee once said 'make noise', and said he'd rather hear angry fans, or fans booing than complete silence. He pointed out that the biggest teams demand more success and their fans frequently boo after a half of poor football. This currently fashionable notion of telling fans to be silent unless they are blindly positive is a complete nonsense.

Our fans have been terrified of turning on a team ever since they got it so badly wrong with Martin O'Neill, even though - and no, I didn't call for his head that day - it drove him on to his subsequent successes. However, a fizzing, expectant crowd like the one we had in the 90s would be infinitely better than the respectful morgue atmosphere we get for most games at the KP.

But surely the constant barage of negativity, week in week out has an effect on our team. Would you be able or willing to do your job if every day you were constantly criticised?

Wasnt just last night its nearly every match, even the occasional one we win, because we arent winning 6-1 constantly it now seems the norm to hurl abuse.

One of the best atmospheres this season was 'boro when only 'true' supporters turned up i imagine. Would rather sit in an almost empty stadium as i did that night than sit with 25k who create such a poor reaction as recently

It's not the opera! Fans are entitled to voice their opinions, including negative ones. If we took Pearson's 'don't come if you don't like it' approach then right now there's be you and about five hundred others turning up for matches. We'd be bust within a month!

Mark McGhee once said 'make noise', and said he'd rather hear angry fans, or fans booing than complete silence. He pointed out that the biggest teams demand more success and their fans frequently boo after a half of poor football. This currently fashionable notion of telling fans to be silent unless they are blindly positive is a complete nonsense.

Our fans have been terrified of turning on a team ever since they got it so badly wrong with Martin O'Neill, even though - and no, I didn't call for his head that day - it drove him on to his subsequent successes. However, a fizzing, expectant crowd like the one we had in the 90s would be infinitely better than the respectful morgue atmosphere we get for most games at the KP.

I didn't see the incident, but the lap of honour after a defeat and dismal end to the season???

Just a terrible idea ..... and I know they'll justify it by saying they were thanking the fans .... I think they could have given the Microphone to NP to just say a simple thanks for your support message.

A lap of honour is for winners.

A good chorus of 'Du, Du, Du, Du, Fucking useless' would have sufficed I think.

Guest BlueBrett

Tell the club to give me a chance and i'll let you know how i get in. Half his salary should do.

And at the end of the day i will go home to my family and not act like a dirty old man and help ruin all the good work i have done.

He only makes about 30k a year he's not exactly rolling in it. Fair enough though - if you'd work full time and do all the extra out of hours media, marketing and hospitality crap that he has to (with a smile on your face) for 15 grand you are a better man than me.

Or perhaps just more desperate.

We are all disappointed but I can't believe you'd turn on the Birch.

He only makes about 30k a year he's not exactly rolling in it. Fair enough though - if you'd work full time and do all the extra out of hours media, marketing and hospitality crap that he has to (with a smile on your face) for 15 grand you are a better man than me.

Or perhaps just more desperate.

We are all disappointed but I can't believe you'd turn on the Birch.

seems anyone who is connected to our club is fair game for criticism on here, wouldnt surprise me if someone started having a go at Ed Mowe for our pitch being too green!

Ok broughtonblue only true supporters turned up to the boro game, the ones who live out of Leicester, in rural area's and all those who had to work and to spend hours in impassable roads just to get home are not true supporters, I read some shit on here but this makes me laugh.

This forum has a few sensible constructive poster, then there's a lot who come on to suggest they are more loyal better supporters because they can make a game in the snow, make more games,, and is willing to pay to watch the team play poorly week in week out, and not be fed up and have a moan etc.

In reality konchesky has been poor and so has all the sqaud at some point, some more than others.

I don't agree with abusing individual players, but collectively as a group of players they deserve to be left in no uncertain terms we are not happy with there effort and results, I personally think the fans have been more than patient with the team/ management and have been loud and vocal in getting behind them, and as much as Pearson is disliked by a large number of our support, not once have I heard Pearson out chants.

The minority will always spoil it for the majority, so because one or two in a crowd of 25000 have over stepped the mark, doesn't make the majority poor supporters,I think they are lucky the didn't get some sort of backlash on the back of 2 wins in 16 or whatever it is now.

So moaners, boo boys, true supporters, deluded supporters the clubs needs all of them to pay the bills

Did they really do a lap of honour and bring their kids onto the pitch and shit as well? I had turned off the tv by then. If so, wtf were they thinking? Surprised they didn't all get roundly booed. You don't deliver half a seasons worth of timid, insipid, pathetic, abject failure and then go on a lap of ****ing honour. Delusions of grandeur Nigel? Who is deluded exactly? They all should have been off the pitch and hanging their heads in shame. What an absolute joke of a group of players, staff and management we have. How could you possibly think it was appropriate to go on a lap of honour. What next? And open top bus tour? Infact I hope they do go on one so I can throw stones at the useless cvnts.

Did they really do a lap of honour and bring their kids onto the pitch and shit as well? I had turned off the tv by then. If so, wtf were they thinking? Surprised they didn't all get roundly booed. You don't deliver half a seasons worth of timid, insipid, pathetic, abject failure and then go on a lap of ****ing honour. Delusions of grandeur Nigel? Who is deluded exactly? They all should have been off the pitch and hanging their heads in shame. What an absolute joke of a group of players, staff and management we have. How could you possibly think it was appropriate to go on a lap of honour. What next? And open top bus tour? Infact I hope they do go on one so I can throw stones at the useless cvnts.

It wasn't a lap of honour, it was to say thanks to the fans.

Archived