Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Watford Post Match Thread

I'm proud of the lads, and don't blame Knockeart. He showed real character and guts to take that penalty when other seasoned pros just stood and watched. Next season starts now, and lets get behind them.

I just hope the cretins don't take to Twitter to abuse anyone.

Divs wanting Pearson out. ****ing nutcases. What, and spend another 2 seasons and £20m building a squad to another manger's taste? Only to sack when they don't go up after a whole season? ****ing stupid.

THIS.

We're so close. One or two signings and we're there.

I'm slightly concerned about king, I could see him leaving - he's becoming a quality player :(

Really just don't know what to do with my day now, if we lost any other way then fine but to have a penalty on 95 mins to miss and then to go up the other end and Deeney of all people to score well, I feel ****ing sick

Devasated. Watford destroyed us second half, and probably deserved the win, but the circumstances of the winner have left me empty inside. No blame to knockeart, he had the balls to step up, and for me its not a miss in the same vein as kermorgant, he wasn't trying to be cocky, just didn't connect.

Guest BlueBrett

I'm actually glad the season is over now. I need a break from obsessing about football. I'm sure this year has been bad for my health and there is more to life after all. There is no getting over something like that you've just got to say **** it

I couldn't give two fvcks who took it.  Someone had to.  I'm more upset with what happened immediately after the penalty.

At least we know Knocky's got his heart in it - lad's taking us up next year.  :thumbup:

One league win and 2 playoff finishes and you want him out? You absolute ****.

with you 100%.

That was the first time this season we have let in three goals. If Pearson goes, we really are fvcked.

Really just don't know what to do with my day now, if we lost any other way then fine but to have a penalty on 95 mins to miss and then to go up the other end and Deeney of all people to score well, I feel ****ing sick

Quite... Being outplayed and losing 3-1 is fine (if annoying), but in that manner... :sick:

Honestly, we didn't look in it all game. We stopped playing "football" 15 games ago.

I want NP out. Not because we lost, but because of the way we played.

I wholeheartedly agree with the first part of this. we literally stopped playing football 20 games ago. there is the odd flash of skill, but in the main it's scrappy headers, followed by misplaced passes, followed by long balls, and if we're very lucky, a scrappy goal.

the team as a whole looks devoid of incisive attacking intent, confidence, swagger and has done for over 3 months.

however I'm not convinced that sacking The Pearson is the answer! possibly adding a couple of older players who can actually organise, shout and grab others/the game by the scruff of the neck.

I couldn't give two fvcks who took it.  Someone had to.  I'm more upset with what happened immediately after the penalty.

At least we know Knocky's got his heart in it - lad's taking us up next year.  :thumbup:

He's only going to get better and better. I'm concerned about a swansea, or aston villa coming in for him!

I feel sorry for Knocky - the lad was clearly passionate about today and was MOTM prior to that pen. The defeat was cruel. Still - now only brighton stand between either Hollowcunt or Watfinese with the human centipede fans taking a prem spot, and making it 3 out 3 horrible clubs or people going up.

Watford fan here.

I'm sure you're all gutted at the way it ended more than the result. Very sorry that someone had to be the loser from this tie, and it was a harsh way to lose when you probably all thought it was over.

Your team came to play today rather than spoil, and I think that any neutrals will agree today was a fantastic game to watch.

Thought your boy Morgan was really good today, his positioning was spot on and he seems very mobile for a man of his size. Knockaert looks a very good player, and I hope your boo boys don't hound him out. As an opposition fan I was bricking it every time he got the ball in our final third.

Best of luck for next season, regardless of which division we happen to be in. There are a number of odious clubs in the top 2 divisions, but I don't think you guys are one of them.

Facts are:

• We should have got automatic promotion
  • We had the most fantastic win against Florist
  • It shouldn't have been a penalty
  • We should have watched them catching us on the break
  • Watford were better on the day
  • We just have to keep it together for next season.

I'm going to have a glass of red wine, which is better for my heart than watching City.

Poor penalty regardless, keeper did a good job keeping out the follow-up but how the fvck do we let them score within 20 seconds!!!  To be fair the second half lacked composure and pressure by us.  We couldn't get possession and then when we did we turned it over, sat back and let them exploit space out wide and through the hole Drnkwater made when he came on in the midfield! 

The only blame I will apportion to NP is his choice of substitutions.  Kane was lost and didn't look interested but to be fiarf Wood was useless too.   Why the fvck would he take Dyer off for Drinkwater because when Dyer could get outside he looked threatening with his pace as did De Laet up the right and also Knocky running at the dfence from the right.  We just didn't allow those players to do it more often because of our sloppy passing skills and hardly at all in the sceond half compared to the first!

Watford fan here.

I'm sure you're all gutted at the way it ended more than the result. Very sorry that someone had to be the loser from this tie, and it was a harsh way to lose when you probably all thought it was over.

Your team came to play today rather than spoil, and I think that any neutrals will agree today was a fantastic game to watch.

Thought your boy Morgan was really good today, his positioning was spot on and he seems very mobile for a man of his size. Knockaert looks a very good player, and I hope your boo boys don't hound him out. As an opposition fan I was bricking it every time he got the ball in our final third.

Best of luck for next season, regardless of which division we happen to be in. There are a number of odious clubs in the top 2 divisions, but I don't think you guys are one of them.

Thanks. But I'll still be cheering for Brighton!

**** off.

Sickening way to lose. Onwards and upwards for next season.

Look, this isn't a knee-jerk reaction. We've reverted to long-ball football - we no longer play the nice passing football which filled me with so much hope at the start of the season. I've advocated sticking with Pearson in the hope that we would somehow revert to how we used to play. But we haven't been that team for so long now.

The team we used to be were potential championship winners. This team isn't even top 6 material.

The only conclusion I can come to is that Pearson has told them to play that way. If he has, he should probably go.

Thanks. But I'll still be cheering for Brighton!

Don't blame you, I would have been cheering for them too if you guys had gone through! :D

As an addendum, your fans did your club proud today. I don't live in the UK and I was reduced to watching on TV, and both the home and away fans were roaring their team on, very audible. Credit to you guys for great away support and contributing to an amazing atmosphere.

Watford fan here.

Why don't you go and be smug on your own forum, oh sorry you probably don't have one, so you thought you would loan one.

You can take your smug patronising, false sympathy and shove it up your arse.

Archived