Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Riot Van

Peter Beagrie

Beagrie is an absolute chump. Vendetta against us is putting it nicely.

I enjoyed the stare he gave me while I stood on my seat, shaking my wrist in a derogratory manner.

Loved seeing Powell celebrating when we scored!

Beagrie is an absolute chump. Vendetta against us is putting it nicely.

I enjoyed the stare he gave me while I stood on my seat, shaking my wrist in a derogratory manner.

Loved seeing Powell celebrating when we scored!

Powell celebrated when we scored?

Legend!  :wub:

He was also sporting the biggest blue tie. Not obvious at all who he was supporting...

Shouldn't criticise smaller clubs than ours for doing well. We are the millionaires of the Championship with strikers on 30k a week shipped out on loan to keep other sides up (5 crucial goals from Beckford in Huddersfield's final 5 games). City played well enough at Watford but the side never looked like protecting the lead from the first leg, we conceded 3 when a clean sheet was required. Also our strikers looked insipid compared with their front two.

Normally think he is a good pundit but he said we shouldn't have got the pen, it was a pen anyone who says it wasn't obviously knows nothing about football, they are given most of the time.

It was not a pen, Beagrie is a tosser!

• 11 months later...

Beagrie names FL stars of the season

Player of the Season - Danny Ings

Just edging out Derby's Craig Bryson, Burnley striker Ings is my man in the Championship.

After a couple of seasons of little or no football due to serious injury, the frontman is certainly rehabilitated and rejuvenated. The loss of scoring sensation Charlie Austin could have been fatal to Burnley but Ings' 25 goals in a 46-goal partnership with Sam Vokes has guaranteed the Clarets a return to the Promised Land.

His pace, movement and thirst for work have tested every Championship defence and the Premier League is the next stop for a man on a mission who is determined to make up for lost time.

Manager of the Season - Sean Dyche

Blackpool-v-Burnley-Sean-Dyche_3126871.j

Apologies to Nigel Pearson and Uwe Rosler, particularly if the dedicated German triumphs with Wigan in the play-offs, but my vote goes to The Ginger Mourinho.

Burnley were one of the bookies' favourites for a season of struggle but Dyche's pragmatism and man-management has given a group of good players the belief and structure to become a great Championship team.

A model of consistency with partnerships all over the pitch, Burnley have defied the odds on an absolute shoestring. Only 25 players have been used but striking back-up came in just at the right time in Ashley Barnes, while Dyche's side features no egos but plenty of personality and spirit. Just like the man himself.

Game of the Season - Derby 4-4 Ipswich

This was significant in that it was the first match after the sacking of Nigel Clough and because of a motivational half-time speech by incoming boss Steve McClaren as County trailed 4-1.

Derby's troops rallied to a draw with an 88th-minute equaliser from Bryson and continued to climb from 14th place and 12 points to their current lofty position of third with 84 points.

No shock there. It's actually quite embarrassing the amount of praise Dyche has recieved this season over Nigel Pearaon.

Don't sky know we've been the market leaders since December. Saying that Mr Dyche has donea fantastic job considering he's only spent £1.20

Peter Beagrie knows little or nothing about football. That much is obvious. Ings played 32 games last season, performing well when there is no level of expectation is not a measure of success, Burnley were 6th favourites for relegation according to Sky Bet which stretches the definition of being one of the favourites and receiving £48 million in parachute payments over the last four years is hardly " an absolute shoestring". :rolleyes:

Beagrie names FL stars of the season

Player of the Season - Danny Ings

Just edging out Derby's Craig Bryson, Burnley striker Ings is my man in the Championship.

After a couple of seasons of little or no football due to serious injury, the frontman is certainly rehabilitated and rejuvenated. The loss of scoring sensation Charlie Austin could have been fatal to Burnley but Ings' 25 goals in a 46-goal partnership with Sam Vokes has guaranteed the Clarets a return to the Promised Land.

His pace, movement and thirst for work have tested every Championship defence and the Premier League is the next stop for a man on a mission who is determined to make up for lost time.

Manager of the Season - Sean Dyche

Blackpool-v-Burnley-Sean-Dyche_3126871.j

Apologies to Nigel Pearson and Uwe Rosler, particularly if the dedicated German triumphs with Wigan in the play-offs, but my vote goes to The Ginger Mourinho.

Burnley were one of the bookies' favourites for a season of struggle but Dyche's pragmatism and man-management has given a group of good players the belief and structure to become a great Championship team.

A model of consistency with partnerships all over the pitch, Burnley have defied the odds on an absolute shoestring. Only 25 players have been used but striking back-up came in just at the right time in Ashley Barnes, while Dyche's side features no egos but plenty of personality and spirit. Just like the man himself.

Game of the Season - Derby 4-4 Ipswich

This was significant in that it was the first match after the sacking of Nigel Clough and because of a motivational half-time speech by incoming boss Steve McClaren as County trailed 4-1.

Derby's troops rallied to a draw with an 88th-minute equaliser from Bryson and continued to climb from 14th place and 12 points to their current lofty position of third with 84 points.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15231/9289941/beagries-awards-sky-sports-pundit-picks-his-standout-performers-and-games-in-football-league

How can the manager who has walked the league not get manager of the season?

Alex Ferguson used to get it for winning the league with United, and nobody seemed to bother with the fact he'd have spent millions.

Archived