Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Chris Wood

:rolleyes:

So what's that now, Pearson pinned him to a wall, Wood Shagged his daughter, Marshall and Wood had a fight.

What happened to Nugent, did Pearson do something to him as well considering he's been woeful for the same amount of time.

Ha,that Wood fellow sounds a right trouble maker,this must all be true of course.

So lets get this straight so I am clear.

Pearson was pissed off because Wood hadn't shagged his daughter.Wood upset decided to do what the boss said and because of the tears in his eyes climbed on the daughter but couldn't see Marshall already there,entered Marshall and got in a fight.

Feel free to add any other" my mate knows someone who said".........

End of the day, regardless of ups and downs with form, hes hit 20 goals this season for us and Millwall.  If he goes and scores 20 for us next season, which will no doubt also include purple patches and dips in form would we be happy.  I for one, would say yes

Well you can discount the goals he scored for Millwall as they haven't helped us!!

I fail to see how any striker can be effective when the team is obviously just told to continuously lump the ball forward. Professional defenders can deal with that all day long, which is why wimbledon and cambridge finally ended up where they did.

When we stopped playing to his strengths and started hoofing the ball up to him was when his performances turned.

We were all lauding him for the first two months whilst he was here. You don't become a bad player over night.

This.

Before anyone jumps squarely upon their high horse, this IS NOT a vendetta against Wood...

What's the general consensus on the player?

He joined on scintillating form, both for the Lions and then for us. However, his form has dipped, he looks unhappy and reports are of a possible injury?

If I didn't know that Wood had looked so good previously, I'd wonder now whether Nige had spent a million quid on a donkey?

Do people consider that Wood will be the striker we need for the coming years? Is he as good as we all thought? Or would you be looking at signing someone else to play alongside Nugent? (If you wanted to play Nugent of course). Some folks have mentioned Ebanks-Blake... Would he be any better or do you rate Wood and want him in the starting 11 next season?

Opinions please...

Ive only seen him on TV - being in another country - but to me he has seemed completely miserable. No smile, bad body language, seems to have no stomach for the fight. If he is is not playing well then he should at least give it for the team - this lacks completely.

His first touch is terrible as he rarely is able to drop the ball within his own reach. Seems to be playing a lot with his back to the oppo goal but this could be our style of play - also slightly one footed which is a huge handicap for at striker. I have not once in 4-6 matches been impressed with him neither his attitude nor his skills....

Keep him, has the potential to be an excellent striker, especially at this level.

Why some people are suggesting to get rid of him because he's on a bad run of form just shows how stupid some of our fans are. All you have to do is look at the top scoring chart in the c'ship to see how crucial he can be next year, easy to forget he's 21.

Just look at the history of the club with strikers!

Probably no better or worse than any other club.

Lineker

Smith

Heskey

Collymore

Cottee

Compared to the assortment of shite we've had for the last few years, with a few exceptions.

He's shown his quality already. His link up play with the other striker/attacker can be excellent (Knocky against Forest, I believe he hid great for a Dyer goal a few weeks back as well) so I believe he has potential to be very handy for us. His form has dropped since he first joined but I think he's a decent addition. 

We've not had a third striker for a while now and while that may be a luxury in this division I think it could be so beneficial to have 3 strikers challenging at once. I have seen Nuge and Wood as our leading pair all season and it's never filled me with confidence when one of them is left out.

Don't become a bad player overnight, he is a proven goal scorer at this level, but I am at a loss to what happen to him from the time of the Peterborough game.

Don't know what is was, were the rumours true, was the injury affected his performances, or is he no longer happy here, none of us know, but something has affected him.

Just hope he gets himself together over the summer and returns to the good player we know he is.

After thought not some many high long balls might help him.

He has been excellent in a few games this season such as Huddersfield, Bristol City and against Bolton. However, in a lot of games that I've watched him play he seems to just wander around the field in a disinterested fashion, doesn't seem to put the work rate in and rarely challenges for any balls in the air. His first touch has also been dogshit.

I hope next season we can see the Chris Wood we saw when he first arrived instead of the post-February Chris Wood.

Agree with the posts.

Just has to deal with long ball after long ball (not his strength), also unselfish at times opting for a clearer cut chance than be selfish (Forest game is fine example), and I've seen him on the receiving end of some selfish play where he's in the possition for a tap in and his team mate goes for glory.

So to sum it up, he will score goals if he gets the correct service. He's always there as an option but does not seem to get the breaks. Confidence is everything. I think he can easily be our top goalscorer next year.

My gut feeling is that there is a problem between Wood and Nugent, which has led to a significant dip in form for both players.

Would not be surprised to see one of them sold in the Summer. Very hard to choose which one to keep...

He could chest a meteor. His chesting control is quality.

At times it is good, but then I have seen it on numerous occasions bounce straight to the opposition, you can't blame him for that though when balls should be being played to his feet.

At times it is good, but then I have seen it on numerous occasions bounce straight to the opposition, you can't blame him for that though when balls should be being played to his feet.

It's true. He's having to do that and be the number 9 when he's not one.

This injury he has supposed to be carrying, why keep playing him if he ain't fit???

He ain't messi is he??

Probably because Mr Pearson realised that is other options were

Waghorn - NFP has finally realised that for the vast majority of the season he couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo

Vardy - oh dear, very willing but million quid down the Swanee

Futacs - big bloke but not shown any signs of consistently knowing where the goal is.

Wood is a good YOUNG striker and we will see him mature as a goal scorer, let's hope he gets fit and starts next season as he did when he joined us.

Archived