Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Logan Two-Year Deal

Leicester City is pleased to confirm that long-serving goalkeeper Conrad Logan has put pen-to-paper on a new two-year contract that will keep him at King Power Stadium until 2015.

The 27-year-old shot stopper has been with the Club since joining the Academy in 2001, and has since clocked up over 150 career appearances, both with City and during a string of successful loan spells.

A former Republic of Ireland youth international, Logan has appeared 29 times for The Foxes, but also enjoyed time on loan with Boston United, Luton Town, Bristol Rovers, Rotherham United and Stockport County - with whom he won the League Two Play-Off Final at Wembley in 2008.

Last season Logan’s professional approach and steadying influence as captain of Steve Beaglehole’s Development Squad helped see City’s young side comfortably claim the Development League Two North title with games to spare.

A popular and vital member of Nigel Pearson’s current Leicester City squad, Logan is currently the longest serving player at the Club.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/130613-logan-signs-new-two-year-deal-864579.aspx#wJGVQ0lrWK5ZB9Dh.99

Round of applause for our longest-serving player. When's the testimonial?

lol

Not exactly the most exciting news ever but at the end of the day, he's not a disgraceful standard, he'll be on relatively small wages and he won't kick up a fuss if he isn't playing. He's a decent squad player and it makes sense keeping him.

dare i say it. this might be because kasper is offski once a bid they'll accept comes in. i can see logan being the starter come august.

Oh yeah, we're going to sell Kasper for £4 million and replace him with Logan. I can definitely see that happening, you're not mental at all.

Good news this. A massively loyal servant to the club and in fairness, not a bad keeper.

More importantly, he's happy to be back up which isnt easy to find in this day and age

Some of you dont half moan!

Let's see, i could stay at leicester and pick up 5k a week for warming the bench, occasionally being loaned out to other clubs.

or i could join barnet which is about my level for 1k a week and be in  the conference.

yup, as loyal as kalac was at AC milan

Let's see, i could stay at leicester and pick up 5k a week for warming the bench, occasionally being loaned out to other clubs.

or i could join barnet which is about my level for 1k a week and be in  the conference.

I know which one I'd choose and it certainly wouldn't involve playing that's for sure. 

Fair play to him. 

or i could join barnet which is about my level for 1k a week and be in the conference.

Well the development league is probably a decent level for him, and you play against better teams and players in that then you would playing for Barnet especially now they've just got promoted.

Part of me respects him for it, the other part thinks he has wasted his chances. Take Kasper, didn't want to play back-up at Man City dropped down to Notts County and has now worked his way up to Leicester. Would Logan improve playing week in week out at a lower level?

From a Leicester point of view it makes sense, it saves the hassle of finding a new keeper that would be willing to spend the whole season on the bench.

So when is Conrad Logans testimonial??

Soon. If Schmeichel commits to us, he'll play the testimonial. If he goes well need to sign another goalkeeper to play.

It just wouldn't be right for Logan to start his own testimonial anywhere else but on the bench.

Love the bloke. Doesn't bitch or whine, good pro.

Don't even start with the "he's just raking in the cash for doing nothing", I really don't think that's his attitude.

Archived