Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Fixtures 2013/14

I used to 'live for football', honestly. During my school life it's all I ever took pleasure from. But, I've changed since then, Col. It isn't 'my life' anymore... I still love football. I'm a Leicester fan, but on top of that, I'm a football fan. Of course, I admire the legends of the game - Cryuff, Clough, Moore, Pele, Best etc... But, I also see the other side and have become one of those that understands that there are other things in life, that take more priority.

However, fixtures day. It's 'one of those days' isn't it? I do have other hobbies, yeah, but it is still a very exciting day as a football fan. I've been waiting for this ever since the final whistle blew at Watford. And I know a lot of football fans that feel the same way.

Fair play to ya mate..you always make lots of sense.

I've lost that being bothered with who we play first thing. Perhaps it's cos it's a way off? Perhaps it's age? I dunno really.

What would interest me more is to find out how our squad will start shaping out. As I said yesterday though, it's too early for that.

One thing I do believe is that, both as a player and a City fan, I used to force myself to generally stay away from football for a few weeks.. That way I had a break from it and then started to get excited again from about mid July on..

Regarding staying away from Foxes Talk? Well that's not the same as staying away from football per se... lol

Have a good day bud.. Work calls for Col

:thumbup:

Why do people think that playing four of the best teams last makes Norwich's season harder? They still play all the same teams at some point, it's just that they'll get the points in an easier 34 game season.

Think it's more down to the fact if they need x amount of points with 4 games remaining.

It doesn't look great does it.

Why do people think that playing four of the best teams last makes Norwich's season harder? They still play all the same teams at some point, it's just that they'll get the points in an easier 34 game season.

Psychological reasons. If they are in or around the relegation zone in February the pressure will already be on big time as they can almost discount their last 4 games. Whereas other teams with easier remaining games will feel they can still get points until the final day.

Shame Yeovil is a midweek :glare:, not too bothered about Reading on Boxing Day, good to finish at home.

Derby away early on, on the first day of the Premier League, will hopefully mean Sky leave that match alone :fc:

Last season, I predicted Dyer would score the winner at Middlesbrough...and what happened...he scored the winner.

So come the start of the season, Psychic Kingfox will be on here in force.

But it's a tough first month in my opinion, meanwhile both Yeovil games a Tuesday night  lol , thankfully Bournemouth and Watford aren't night games atm, while if we are there or thereabouts again, our run in could make or break our season, Brighton, Reading, QPR & Bolton in a row  :P

Bring it on!!!

Think it's more down to the fact if they need x amount of points with 4 games remaining.

It doesn't look great does it.

But overall their season is no harder than anyone else's - they'll still play all the same games. You're right of course that they'll have to get more points early on but they've got an easier first 34 so that should be achievable. If they don't get more points than teams around them in those first 34 they're showing that they aren't as good as them.

Psychological reasons. If they are in or around the relegation zone in February the pressure will already be on big time as they can almost discount their last 4 games. Whereas other teams with easier remaining games will feel they can still get points until the final day.

True but if they are around the relegation zone at that time they must be worse than anyone else - they should have accrued more points than their rivals because they'll have had an easier start. If they fail to get more points than their rivals by that point they prove that they've been a poorer team up until that point.

It doesn't particularly matter who we're playing, or what order we're playing them in. Teams will hit form and lose it at different times throughout the season, players will get injured... it's the biggest cliche of the lot, but there are no easy games in the Championship - anyone in this league is capable of beating anyone else.

One of our 'easiest' runs on paper last year turned out to be a real struggle, so I don't pay too much attention to who we're playing when or where.

Most level headed post on this subject I have read. What is certain we have to play each team home and away. It does not matter in which order , you are either good enough for promotion or you are not.

Most level headed post on this subject I have read. What is certain we have to play each team home and away. It does not matter in which order , you are either good enough for promotion or you are not.

I agree that the order that you play teams doesn't affect the league but I'm bothered because of the dates for which we certain teams. I want to know if we'll have an exciting game on the last day like we did last season for example.

But overall their season is no harder than anyone else's - they'll still play all the same games. You're right of course that they'll have to get more points early on but they've got an easier first 34 so that should be achievable. If they don't get more points than teams around them in those first 34 they're showing that they aren't as good as them.

True but if they are around the relegation zone at that time they must be worse than anyone else - they should have accrued more points than their rivals because they'll have had an easier start. If they fail to get more points than their rivals by that point they prove that they've been a poorer team up until that point.

Yes, we know that. But if they're in a precarious position at the business end, there's going to be more pressure on them to win their winnable games. Teams fold under pressure. Look at us last season. It's massive psychologically.

Fair play to ya mate..you always make lots of sense.

I've lost that being bothered with who we play first thing. Perhaps it's cos it's a way off? Perhaps it's age? I dunno really.

What would interest me more is to find out how our squad will start shaping out. As I said yesterday though, it's too early for that.

One thing I do believe is that, both as a player and a City fan, I used to force myself to generally stay away from football for a few weeks.. That way I had a break from it and then started to get excited again from about mid July on..

Regarding staying away from Foxes Talk? Well that's not the same as staying away from football per se... lol

Have a good day bud.. Work calls for Col

:thumbup:

Sorry if I came across as having a dig but just seemed a little odd to me that you're a bit critical over us being excited for fixture day and there you are ironically on the forum lol

I do really like fixture day though. From that day on is the one you finally picture your season opener realistically. Only now we'll all be 'dreaming' of that trip to... Middlesbrough lol

Yes, we know that. But if they're in a precarious position at the business end, there's going to be more pressure on them to win their winnable games. Teams fold under pressure. Look at us last season. It's massive psychologically.

I can understand the idea of there being more pressure but at the same time that pressure should be eased off by having more points. If they are indeed in a precarious position then it'll be because they've not been good enough - with an easier start they really should move a bit ahead of other teams and make those last games less important.

Agree that if they are in a bad position late on it'll be very difficult for them but they'll only be in a bad position if they don't perform and pick up more points earlier on.

Why do people highly anticipate the fixture release?

You play each team twice a season, home and away. At different dates in the year. What's so highly exciting about the order it comes in? 

Seriously, all I've seen on my Twitter feed for the past few weeks is 'Can't wait for the fixtures to come out!!'. It might just be me but I seriously don't understand the hype around knowing who you play at a given date. 

Why do people highly anticipate the fixture release?

You play each team twice a season, home and away. At different dates in the year. What's so highly exciting about the order it comes in?

Seriously, all I've seen on my Twitter feed for the past few weeks is 'Can't wait for the fixtures to come out!!'. It might just be me but I seriously don't understand the hype around knowing who you play at a given date.

Yes we play the same teams twice a year so over the season the order isn't an issue

But a lot of people like looking out for the games around special dates, Boxing Day, vals day and their birthday if it falls in the season, for me that's what is exciting about it

Plus I like seeing if we can stop a promotion / PO position or relegate anyone

Archived