Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Fixtures 2013/14

Middlesbrough away in august doesn't sound too bad, Blackpool in september! far too early why not april? Bournemouth in a cold february same for Brighton in december. Plus we've got two trips to Lancashire in March 22nd Blackburn, 29th Burnley! QPR just before christmas, not many people will be able to afford that.

Least we don't have to go back to forest till february!

Why do people highly anticipate the fixture release?

You play each team twice a season, home and away. At different dates in the year. What's so highly exciting about the order it comes in? 

Seriously, all I've seen on my Twitter feed for the past few weeks is 'Can't wait for the fixtures to come out!!'. It might just be me but I seriously don't understand the hype around knowing who you play at a given date. 

So were you not bothered by playing Forest away on the last day of the season which turned out to be the most exciting game in years?

I'm well aware that the fixtures don't affect the outcome of the season, hardly anyone thinks that. You'll notice people are far more bothered about specific fixtures like the first and last day.

Middlesbrough away in august doesn't sound too bad, Blackpool in september! far too early why not april? Bournemouth in a cold february same for Brighton in december. Plus we've got two trips to Lancashire in March 22nd Blackburn, 29th Burnley! QPR just before christmas, not many people will be able to afford that.

Least we don't have to go back to forest till february!

What's up with that? We're unbeaten there in 2013!

Pearson out!!

We're 15th in the table, haven't won a game and we've got no fvckin points, even 2 of the promoted teams are above us. Old actionmanbadgertrainers has really fvcked it this time, get him out!

So were you not bothered by playing Forest away on the last day of the season which turned out to be the most exciting game in years?

I'm well aware that the fixtures don't affect the outcome of the season, hardly anyone thinks that. You'll notice people are far more bothered about specific fixtures like the first and last day.

Who wasn't? But a possible decent Boxing Day or last day fixture won't warrant me setting my alarm at 8:45 just so I could be the first to find out, it's silly.

It's not going to change your life. In my opinion I just don't think it's as exciting as people make it out to be.

Gutted that 2 of my fave away days, Barnsley and Sheff Weds, are both midweekers!

Hopefully we will still take a good few

Bloody hell!

You're joking, I hadn't noticed them being midweekers! FFS! Never been Wednesday want to though, won't be going there this year no doubt then if it's midweek, Barnsley I can give or take but it's normally fairly cheap and i'd certainly have considered it if it had been a weekend!

Millwall is another one I want to go to but being New Years Day doubt i'll be in any state to travel.

I wanted a decent time of year to go Bournemouth, Blackpool or Brighton they're all shit times of year, I might be asking abit too much for all 3 being decent times of the year but can't we have 1 at a decent time of year? Last game of the season away, Bank Holiday weekend, to win the league...Yeah it is asking abit too much isn't it?!

Atleast for the moment Leeds is a Saturday although I expect that to change one way or another. (I know it's expensive but i've always wanted to go Leeds)

Who wasn't? But a possible decent Boxing Day or last day fixture won't warrant me setting my alarm at 8:45 just so I could be the first to find out, it's silly.

It's not going to change your life. In my opinion I just don't think it's as exciting as people make it out to be.

I concur. Everyone plays everyone, when they play is irrelevant. We'll finish where we deserve to in the end, which is looking like mid table unless Nigel gets some players in.

Yeovil on a Tuesday night has probably ruined my chances of going down there due to work.

I don't understand the obsession with Yeovil away, I went there in the league 1 season and it's a crap away day. It's ages away from the pubs, nightmare to get to in the first place.

lol

Some of you guys soooo fit into the stereotype of young men 'living for football'.

You talk in seasons, not years, and await the fixture lists in such eager anticipation.

Go out fellas, do something else for a few weeks, write a bit of poetry or summat.

Let yourselves recharge your football batteries perhaps,

lol

I can't believe the fixtures start when they do! Have we ever had such an early start to a league season before?! Ridiculous. I love my football but I also love having a decent sized break from it all. That said though, it looks like the August fixtures are all streamlined to take place each Saturday apart, presumably to avoid bunching them up with three games in a week, as happens normally!

The main fillip for me on the fixture list is being able to attend two home games in quick succession (rare!). to get my KP tally up to about four by this time hopefully! That's with us having the Boxing Day fixture at home (v Reading) and then following fixture (Dec.29th) at home to Bolton this time, which is when I'm in the area for a week plus - this was unlike last season where we weren't at home again following Christmas until Huddersfield on New Years Day! Can't complain at that though as we've been lucky with having more Boxing Day home fixtures than away ones over the past ten seasons really.

Archived