Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SWFC_FAN

Jamie Vardy

Most of the morons that questioned his selection are glory supporters and only looked at his league goals this season. However, they didn't pay attention to Vardy having the same amount of assists as Eden Hazard, he deserves his call up, and I'm really hoping he plays on Sunday!

To quote the great Kevin Keegan, I would love it, love it, if he scored on Sunday. Not seen anybody give an available alternative to him that's any better, the modern football fan is so infuriating. 

Same here. Not just because of that but also, a significant percentage of Man U's supporters are Irish (or consider themselves Irish) and still hate his guts because of the 5-3 game. So it would sting that little bit harder if he got the winner. Or even if he won a dubious penalty that resulted in the winner.

Was Vardy a midfielder before he joined Fleetwood

Fleetwood have signed FC Halifax midfielder Jamie Vardy.

The 24-year-old, who joined Halifax from Stocksbridge in 2010, helped them win promotion to Blue Square Bet North last season.

"Fleetwood are a team on the up with ambitions of the Football League and I want to be part of that," said the Sheffield-born player.

"It helps having more than one position and helps if the manager wants to change anything."

Vardy is eligible to face York City at Highbury on Friday.

I'm bursting with pride right now!! AMAZING achievement for him! I'm still in Australia at the moment, but will hopefully find some way of watching him Monday morning for me. Luckily it's a public holiday here monday so no work. 

I've not been excited to be watching an England game in years! Especially not a friendly! 

Guest Cujek

His interview at the England press conference is on the LCFC YouTube channel.

He was asked about the atmosphere at the football and said this about us...

"In the end all we could hear was the clappers, no chanting"

lol

What an absolute, genuine bloke. Totally made up for him getting a call up.

it seems the players don't think much to the clappers though,,,

What an absolute, genuine bloke. Totally made up for him getting a call up.

it seems the players don't think much to the clappers though,,,

I take that to mean that they're focusing so much on their job on the pitch most stuff gets blocked out.

Positioning/pressing requires total concentration to make it worthwhile tbf.

It would be easiest to hear clappers in unison from the whole ground rather than some chants from L1 whilst the play is focused down the other end of the pitch.

I went to the World Cup in 2006 Germany to watch England but the event was a shambles. Was pissed off with so many big company people having a jolly. ****ing tents everywhere. No real fans lost interest in England I haven't watched a full game since. Jamie Vardy has re light my fire for England. Will be watching the whole game for the first time in 9 years.

G'won son just go out there do your best but more importantly have fun !

ha well it's not glamorous - I'm working here for a month - and its bloody freezing! Been scraping ice off my car!!! And I miss my family. 

You mean this?

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jun/04/you-call-this-cold-sydney-take-a-chill-pill-and-plan-to-avoid-canberra

I have to laugh when I hear Australians complain about 7 degrees Celsius.

You mean this?

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jun/04/you-call-this-cold-sydney-take-a-chill-pill-and-plan-to-avoid-canberra

I have to laugh when I hear Australians complain about 7 degrees Celsius.

Canberra experienced lows of -7C, and only exceeded zero degrees after 9am.

The overnight lows in Canberra were described by a bureau forecaster as a once-in-a-decade occurrence.

My heart goes out to them.

I went to the World Cup in 2006 Germany to watch England but the event was a shambles. Was pissed off with so many big company people having a jolly. ****ing tents everywhere. No real fans lost interest in England I haven't watched a full game since. Jamie Vardy has re light my fire for England. Will be watching the whole game for the first time in 9 years.

G'won son just go out there do your best but more importantly have fun !

I went too - toured the length of the country visiting fan zones and catching the odd live game - the trick is not to follow England and just soak up the culture, fun and atmosphere from all the nations!

I went too - toured the length of the country visiting fan zones and catching the odd live game - the trick is not to follow England and just soak up the culture, fun and atmosphere from all the nations!

Your right the fan zones were great, and Germany wow what a great country. The only way I can describe its how England should be. So clean modern yet full of history. More Brits should visit. Hated England games no atmosphere, full of men in suits on company jollies drinking champers. Thought FIFA was a disgrace back then....German people were great too very friendly and accommodating.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/fleetwood-set-for-vardy-windfall-1942544.html#.VXML6c9Viko

Fleetwood Town chairman Andy Pilley has revealed his club will benefit if Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy makes his England debut.

Pilley has disclosed that a £1million bonus was written into Vardy's contract back when the Foxes signed him from the Lancashire club in 2012.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/fleetwood-set-for-vardy-windfall-1942544.html#.VXML6c9Viko

Fleetwood Town chairman Andy Pilley has revealed his club will benefit if Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy makes his England debut.

Pilley has disclosed that a £1million bonus was written into Vardy's contract back when the Foxes signed him from the Lancashire club in 2012.

Good for them!

£2m is still a bargain but odd we never heard of this before - suppose it was so out of the realm of possibility at the time!

They probably got laughed at for asking for the bonus to be written in...

Archived