Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Football Manager 2014

Finished 5th, lost on aggregate to Charlton in the playoffs.

They then beat Watford in the final.

Lost Morgan, Wasilewski and Danns (finally) on frees, sold Vardy and Taylor-Fletcher for a combined £400k, King to Reading for around £3 million and Knockeart to someone (can't remember who) for just under £6 million.

I made FFP in the first season and the board were happy with the season, if I hadn't had gone on a ridiculous losing streak from December-April I would have pissed the league.

I've signed a Swedish kid up front (23) for £2.3 million and the board and fans are impressed with his signature, no idea who he is though, I've renewed Miqels loan for another season, loaned Sev Coates from Liverpool for the season

Just looking to bring in a winger and possibly a centre mid and I'm set.

Any recommendations welcome :)

Also did this and was able to keep Morgan.

Does anyone else find it really hard to flog Danns? Sits in my ressies for the whole season, obviously value decreased. Offer him about in summer for about 250k. Still no-one wants him. Ended up mutually terminating his contract because it gets him off the wage bill.

With the formation I'm playing, I need extra CMs. Didn't get promoted in my first season (wasn't consistent enough!), and luckily Nicky Bailey and Chris Basham became available. Signed them up and they've settled in well alongside King and James. Sold Drinkwater because he got unhappy after I rejected a first offer from Reading who got promoted.

Also did this and was able to keep Morgan.

Does anyone else find it really hard to flog Danns? Sits in my ressies for the whole season, obviously value decreased. Offer him about in summer for about 250k. Still no-one wants him. Ended up mutually terminating his contract because it gets him off the wage bill.

With the formation I'm playing, I need extra CMs. Didn't get promoted in my first season (wasn't consistent enough!), and luckily Nicky Bailey and Chris Basham became available. Signed them up and they've settled in well alongside King and James. Sold Drinkwater because he got unhappy after I rejected a first offer from Reading who got promoted.

Yeah Drinkwater became pissy on mine but he's settled down now, I'm varying between a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2.

Yeah Drinkwater became pissy on mine but he's settled down now, I'm varying between a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2.

I just thought it better to sell him as team morale was wavering anyway.

Also got Ishmael Miller on a free. Conor McAleny on loan from Everton was a steal. Paul Gallagher one of those players who seems to apply himself more on the game than in real life!

Need promotion otherwise I don't think I'll meet FFP end of 14/15 season!

got the game today! :)

however, i had to wait until the 1st october to get a job, no-one would employ me, eventually day quit farnborough and they came straight in with an offer, which i accepted, pentagon challenge starts here!

Finished in 9th place with Wrexham only 3 points outside the play-offs, not too bad considering the position I found them in. I seem to be under pressure despite turning the team around; I feel that the board expectations at the start of the season (promotion) just passed on to me despite me being 13th or something, so despite dragging them up to the brink of the play-offs, I was under achieving.

Also, I wasn't doing one of the philosophies I agreed to, which wasn't going down well.

Anyway, we're into the summer now and I'm still here. I've managed to keep nearly all of the first XI, while the majority of the backup will leave. This will take a huge chunk of the wage bill, leaving me to build a decent squad with youth and experience.

We aim for promotion!

really impressed with this so far , new match engine looks nice and they seem to have made it easier to play without compromising complexity. having fun with farnborough too. currently mid table after joining them in 18th. elvis hammond isn't happy but its tough.

really impressed with this so far , new match engine looks nice and they seem to have made it easier to play without compromising complexity. having fun with farnborough too. currently mid table after joining them in 18th. elvis hammond isn't happy but its tough.

There's still quite a lot going on on the screen in terms of stats I don't care about. Eg. You click on the league table button and don't get the league table, just a small one and loads of stats. I preferred the old layout, wish you could customise what's on the screen.

Game itself seems good so far though.

I like seeing the star raring for a a player in a certain role on the tactic screen. saves having to check the assistant report every time you make a change.

Yeah that's a very handy addition, I like how you can negotiate with clubs instantly too.

I have Empoli up to 5th in Serie B going into the winter break. Curse the Italian co-ownership policy I keep getting offers literally every day for three of my promising youngsters from big Serie A clubs, I've got it on automatic reject but they keep unsettling the players. Increasing their asking price doesn't seem to deter them at all, they still come in with relatively unchanged offers. Milan can especially **** off.

There's still quite a lot going on on the screen in terms of stats I don't care about. Eg. You click on the league table button and don't get the league table, just a small one and loads of stats. I preferred the old layout, wish you could customise what's on the screen.

Game itself seems good so far though.

You can change that on preferences. Check display & sound and 'landing page' I think it is. I couldn't stand the landing page not having the attributes diagram on the left.

You can change that on preferences. Check display & sound and 'landing page' I think it is. I couldn't stand the landing page not having the attributes diagram on the left.

Ahhhhh, nice one mate, i'll have a fiddle around

Never played a Football Manager, or even seem anyone play it. However I might buy it after Christmas. Always seemed fun, I like a challenging strategy game and with the introduction of FFP and the fact I've got my new computer running it seems like a good purchase. However, if anyone could tell me the lowest English league(s) without mods that would be useful. I know it goes into some depth with the Icelandic league, Northern Ireland and similar.

I'd love to start playing this, gave it a go on my laptop and it's just goes slow and freezes quite a lot especially when playing a game. Any recommendations what to do or am I best to get new laptop if so what type so it's plays fine!

1st season went well. last day of the season 3 teams could have finished top (it was mine to lose as if i won i couldn't be go down)  :scarf:

DfZSGou.jpg

player stats, i reckon the average rating is fairly poor for a team to finish top?

VEqAuwr.jpg

transfers in

KBt73c9.jpg

transfers out

dpyZjJh.jpg

end of season/pre season transfers - (getting rid of kasper as julio cesar is better at half the wage)

vIvRAGR.jpg

going to try and pick up youngsters that my scouts think have great potential. in the meantime will boost my side with good value signings and hopefully avoid relegation for 2 years before the youngsters break on the scene

1st season went well. last day of the season 3 teams could have finished top (it was mine to lose as if i won i couldn't be go down)  :scarf:

DfZSGou.jpg

player stats, i reckon the average rating is fairly poor for a team to finish top?

VEqAuwr.jpg

transfers in

KBt73c9.jpg

transfers out

dpyZjJh.jpg

end of season/pre season transfers - (getting rid of kasper as julio cesar is better at half the wage)

vIvRAGR.jpg

going to try and pick up youngsters that my scouts think have great potential. in the meantime will boost my side with good value signings and hopefully avoid relegation for 2 years before the youngsters break on the scene

What formation are you playing?

I'd love to start playing this, gave it a go on my laptop and it's just goes slow and freezes quite a lot especially when playing a game. Any recommendations what to do or am I best to get new laptop if so what type so it's plays fine!

after adding leagues at the start, remove the ones you're not using , this will help loading times, avoid the 3d match engine if you dont have dedicated graphics. or at least turn the quality to lowest and see how it goes, turn it up once per game till its starts shuddering to a halt again.

Archived