Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

Look on the bright side...

If :pearson:  can use his man management & tactical nous to:

Restore the confidence of Drinkwater and Marshall and get them back to where they were at the start of last season
Restore the confidence of Waghorn Vardy and Wood and get them scoring goals for fun
Make sure that Knockaert doesn't suffer for his penalty miss
Welcome Danns back into the fold and get him working hard for the cause 
Get Moore to step up a level and earn a regular start
Get Whitbread properly fit & playing like he's occasionally shown for the Millet Eaters

Get Richie "I believe I am one of the best midfielders in the Championship" to prove what's in his (obviously deluded) mind
Get King to put in a shift every game & not disappear 60% of the time

Get 'Boots on Fire' Gallagher to prove he's not a worthless show pony who shites it out of tackles
Get Dyer to actually be able to cross a ball

Get any / all of our corner takers to be able to clear the oppositions first man

Get our defence to learn how to defend corners without looking like Keystone Cops
Get Nugent fit & get him to score goals in the last third of the season

We MAY actually stay in the league.  :thumbup: 

Restore the confidence of Drinkwater and Marshall and get them back to where they were at the start of last season

Restore the confidence of Waghorn Vardy and Wood and get them scoring goals for fun

Get Whitbread properly fit & playing like he's occasionally shown for the Millet Eaters

Get Richie "I believe I am one of the best midfielders in the Championship" to prove what's in his (obviously deluded) mind

Get 'Boots on Fire' Gallagher to prove he's not a worthless show pony who shites it out of tackles

Get any / all of our corner takers to be able to clear the oppositions first man

Get our defence to learn how to defend corners without looking like Keystone Cops

Surely if all that happens we will finish higher than we did last season?

look on the bright side, you might get some horrible illness

How do you not know he's in the process of doing that? Also, it takes more than confidence for a player to score goals, he's got to have a bit of ability as well.

'We may actually stay in the league' is just a ridiculous statement considering you haven't seen us play yet.

And did you miss all of Matt James' corners then?

Pearson will sort it out this season. Well, if not this season, the following, or maybe the one after that, or after that, or after that, etc., etc., etc., Trust this man. :pearson::thumbup:lollollol

I bet he sorts it out quicker than you stop talking out your arse

That is a pretty accurate summary of many of our weaknesses to be fair, although stretching the point in places.

As someone generally supportive of Pearson, I have to say the loss of form/ confidence of many of our players mid-season is a cause for concern.  I have heard many reasons/ excuses but like most others on here, I can only guess which is true.  My guess would be the disruptive influence of highly paid but lightly contributing members of the squad; others might choose to guess at Pearson's methods.  One fact remains...Pearson cannot allow it to happen again.

As for Gallagher becoming a hard tackler, Nugent never losing form, Dyer delivering pin-point crosses, well, if Pearson could deliver these things then he would be managing at a higher level than the Championship and the players mentioned would be playing for top teams.  We remain a Championship team and therefore we either have excellent players with a fatal flaw or players who are not quite good enough for the top flight.

Archived