Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmithyFox12

Lloyd Dyer - future at the club or not?

I think the fact that no matter who we have brought in to replace him as a first choice winger over the last 3/4 years, he has always managed to get himself back into the first 11.

Didn't play great today, but everybody should know what to expect from him. My favourite player at the club personally - definitely the most likeable for me.

The minute he loses his pace, he won't be playing in the football league mind you.

Agreed.

Think Lloyd's probably still got at least this season left as a useful player for us, think he's just struggling with match fitness and sharpness at the moment. I think the 3-5-2 has also affected him more than others, at Wycombe he looked a bit lost and unsure of exactly where he was meant to be whereas when he's asked to be a winger he knows how to run at a full back and, as others have said, on his day he can torture right backs in this league.

One thing I will say however, and I'm guilty of it myself, is that everytime Lloyd gets the ball there's this enormous expectation on him to burn the full back because we know he can. There's almost this impression of him as some super-human who never gets tired and always has this energy and blistering pace to run at a defender. There's an audible roar everytime he gets the ball with a full back in front of him and I think in many ways we've come to expect a little too much.

Looked like he had lost his pace today, being out run by Connor Samon.

Love the guy and his attitude but it hasn't just been todays game. Towards the end of last season and pre season he never turned up, keep him this season though but wouldn't renew his contract as it looks like he has or is loosing it.

Funny you should say that, I thought he looked like he'd lost a yard of pace. He hasn't looked particularly quick in any of the other games this season either which suggests he might be losing some of his explosive power. Certainly seems to be a bit of reluctance from him to knock the ball beyond the full back and beat him for pace. Think maybe his age might be catching up with him now. Shame really as I think he's been a good player to have around the club.

When we play 4-4-2 he is one of the first on the team sheet for me.

Sure he has his good and bad games, and some where he is god-like and some where he absolutely shocking. So does Marshall and Wood and Nugent and Vardy and King and Drinkwater and even bloody Knockaert!

I love it when he gets on a cracking ball played in front of him and the whole ground says "C'mon Lloyd!" at once. Sometimes he will get no-where but sometimes, just sometimes, he will do something special and it's like motherfvckin' rapture like at Bolton last season.

r5S2LKi.gif

I just love Lloyd Dyer.

He was absolutely woeful at Wycombe and it seems he was the same again today. He has so much pace and it's his only real asset, but recently he hasn't wanted to use it. All he has to do is knock the ball 10 metres and run onto it and he'll beat a defender. Did it regularly last season. Maybe lost a bit of confidence?

He was absolutely woeful at Wycombe and it seems he was the same again today. He has so much pace and it's his only real asset, but recently he hasn't wanted to use it. All he has to do is knock the ball 10 metres and run onto it and he'll beat a defender. Did it regularly last season. Maybe lost a bit of confidence?

Maybe just doing as he is told by NP?

One game.

Played shit today and I won't defend his performance, probably contributed to more to Derby's attacks than he did to ours but he's capable of much, much better than that. If he's still producing that kind of drivel in his next five-ten appearances I'll question him too but I doubt that'll happen.

He's a decent player who had a very bad game today.

Spot-on. 

He Is Shit.

Short & sweet, but nailed it!!!! A few comments on here say's it all. "as soon as he loses his pace, it's time to go" So in other words, he can't actually play football ( which he can't)

"It doesen't matter who we bring in, dyer gets his place back in the end" That's pearson's choice to bring him back, not cus he's any good, or he wouldn't have been dropped in the first place.

Someone also said they rate him above Marshall & knockaert!!!! Admittedly they aren't ripping up tree's, but please????

& finally the old faithful " he want's to be here & it's his club" so does Conrad Logan!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd, like many of the players, deserves a lot more respect than the shit written in this thread. For those that still haven't realised it yet:

Players have bad games!

It doesn't mean they have no future at the club. Look at Vardy, had some bad games last season, but has turned it around, Drinkwater is another. There are many factors involved in preparing for and playing in a football match, and they can have a big impact. Whether it is fitness, confidence, little niggles or just the pace of the game passing you by when you come on as a sub. If we start ending people's careers as soon as they have a couple of bad games we'll have no players left by Christmas.

I'm a firm believes in saying a player was shit when they were shit, but leave it in the match threads, don't start shit about them not being good enough to play for the club.

I know all players have bad games, I'm not debating that. But I don't think that many players are inconsistent and frustrating as Dyer is. Again, he's been good for us at Leicester, but he is no more than a lower-end Championship player. He does have the pace to beat players, but does he ever use it? No. He seems much happier playing the ball back to the full back than taking players on. 

Hes always suffered from a bit of inconsistency but he always comes back! Keep him I think hes quality changes games when we are struggling physically and he plays and offers something different.

Leave Lloyd alone, he is awesome!  :angry:

Seriously, his pace and running are huge assets for the team, which creates lots of space for others even when he is not playing well. I believe Lloyd is really underrated around here, probably because people expect too much of him.  

Has the ability to win a game single handedly when he's on form, and for that alone it's a yes from me. You don't seem to get much middle ground with him, he's either excellent or very poor. But he's no different to our other wingers in this regard.

Edit: he is also the king of shirt loss goal celebrations.

Love Dyer and he's been a very good player for us overall. This season he seems really reluctant to use his pace and beat his man. That is what he is there to do and if you take that away then he really isn't any use to us at all. Would keep him as a squad player though

I would be sad if he went. Yes, true not as good as he once was but bringing him on the last 20-10mins would "scare" the opposition. He also loves the club.. did you see his face when we lost a goal to watford in playoffs.. he was truly gutted.  

Lloyd is a quality championship player, and lover this club.

I wonder if anyone remembers the affect Chris Powell leaving has on the squad, our form suffered and we didn't recover for a while. I feel it would be the same if Dyer left. Some players you have to look beyond what they offer in the pit h and look at the club as a whole.

We often complain about players not caring about the club, and only being here for the money. Lloyd loves this club more than any other player here and more than most in our history, this is clear every time he speaks about us. For this reason alone he deserves more respect than comments like "he's shit"

I've read some mahoosive bollocks on here lately about Lloyd.

Nigel is playing formations currently that dont really suit him and wont get the best from him either, so you cant expect vintage Dyer.

However you wont see him down or moaning about not starting or playing where he prefers, what you will see is 100% commitment to our shirt in every way and desire to be a useful asset.

For all those writing him off I'll look forward to you eating your words a little later on in the season.

Can't believe this thread is even here. We invariably look a better side with Dyer on the pitch.

I'd love us to sign another pacey out and out winger, but good ones aren't 10 a penny and Dyer is the closest we've got to a club icon, works his socks off and is often very effective.

Archived