Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmithyFox12

Lloyd Dyer - future at the club or not?

Yes i agree he was truly terrible today, but one bad game doesnt make a bad player. He can still have that odd good game and his pace does scare defenders. He needs to get down to the line more times though and hes good enough fo a place on the bench but definitely not in starting line up. This will probably be his last season though for leicester

One game.

Played shit today and I won't defend his performance, probably contributed to more to Derby's attacks than he did to ours but he's capable of much, much better than that. If he's still producing that kind of drivel in his next five-ten appearances I'll question him too but I doubt that'll happen.

He's a decent player who had a very bad game today.

Always been a fan of having a player like Dyer in the squad. He always gives everything, lacks qualities in some key areas for a player in his position but against certain full backs he can run riot. Thinking back to when we played Ipswich last season and he was up against Bradley Orr, decent defender but Lloyd completely destroyed him that day.

Also if we got rid of him, we would have no natural left winger. Probably best as a squad player these days but definitely worth keeping around unless we can find anyone better.

Apparently poor today... but puts the fear of god into other teams... Good, fast winger for the championship, perhaps losing an edge due to not being overly involved

We don't have a big squad and... 46 games people, 46 games. everyone who's left will have a role to play over all that time.

Just looked like he lacked the confidence to take on his man like he was week in week out last season,I like dyer, never been the best of players, and probably one of our most frustrating players, but when he's in the mood will still scare any defence, just hope it works out for him this season.

Looked like he had lost his pace today, being out run by Connor Samon.

Love the guy and his attitude but it hasn't just been todays game. Towards the end of last season and pre season he never really turned up. I'd keep him this season though but wouldn't renew his contract as it looks like he has or is loosing it.

Hopefully not, I don't rate him at all. 

When he does come on, he doesn't run at people. He did it once today in what, 20/25minutes? Never looks like he's switched on/awake, and doesn't defend as well as other players in his position ie Marshall.

I know wait for 'he got the highest assists last season' argument. Things move on in football, and he isn't good enough.

Hopefully not, I don't rate him at all. 

When he does come on, he doesn't run at people. He did it once today in what, 20/25minutes? Never looks like he's switched on/awake, and doesn't defend as well as other players in his position ie Marshall.

I know wait for 'he got the highest assists last season' argument. Things move on in football, and he isn't good enough.

I agree completely.

We seem to carry him to much, and also is in no mans land when defending.

Strange...

Lloyd can either be very good or pretty poor. Rarely anything in between.

But he's no worse than some of the others in the squad. Gally, Marshall... They are hardly pulling up trees are they?

As I said, Dyer is a decent squad player. He can be brought on when the opposition are tiring and can get them on their back foot with his pace.

Added to this is his attitude, which appears to be exemplary. He's a good bloke to have around.

However, I wouldn't offer him another contract. I think he's past his best days now.

He's one of the most dangerous players in the squad, and definately will add a lot over the course of the season.  Silly thread really as he has proved this over a fair few seasons now.  He will have the odd bad game though.  I personally put him above Marshall and Knocky.

If it was about Gallagher, Danns, Whitbread, St Ledger or maybe Waghorn or Konch then I would be more inclined to agree.

I think the fact that no matter who we have brought in to replace him as a first choice winger over the last 3/4 years, he has always managed to get himself back into the first 11.

Didn't play great today, but everybody should know what to expect from him. My favourite player at the club personally - definitely the most likeable for me.

The minute he loses his pace, he won't be playing in the football league mind you.

Got pace to burn but hardly uses it now and his total lack of a right foot is becoming more of a hindrance as time goes on.

At times today he lost the ball and barely bothered to track back, strange performance.

He has his good games, and he has his bad games, but he has always been like that ever since he joined the club.

I just don't see where he fits in nowadays, especially if we play 3-5-2, but like Col said he would be a useful squad player, we have far worse squad players than him, i.e Danns and Gally. 

Always liked Lloyd, I see no point in letting him go.

Feel this will be Dyer's last season for us here. Was one of our best players for the first 3 seasons and now he's just a fringe player. Wouldn't be a great loss if he goes but I hope he thinks that Leicester are the best club he has played for in his career.

Archived